First grow, first post

@Screwauger that’s what I like to hear. That all my anal retentive checking three times a day is paying off, investment in monitoring, and despite a short stent of nitrogen deficiency. I recovered nicely thanks to a help ticket. I wouldn’t have known what I did otherwise. Again everyone is amazingly awesome on this site. I just got my scale today, I will give out numbers! So pumped. Any guess how much longer? My bet is approximately 10/20-10/30. Trichome shots TONIGHT! (It’ll be late for you east coasters)

5 Likes

Awesome!:grinning:

Wow, awesome work there @Covertgrower…plants look great

@Covertgrower it’s hard to say, only the scope/trichs will tell us for sure. Best not to rush them like I did. I will not do that again unless driven by some pest or disease. It is very hard (it was for me I needed the stash) and I expect will get easier to wait it out when I am not jonesin’

Let’s take a look at your pics when you can but couple weeks at a min I am guessing.

1 Like

I’m still working on the focus with taking a pic, my question to you @Screwauger or anyone else is… You do not look at the orange pistols as much for factoring in when to harvest do you? Because what I can see so far, is the white widow has mostly white pistols, but I’m almost positive I’m seeing almost 10% amber or more trichomes. I will be examining farther to double check this. Pistols really aren’t much of a factor correct?

Make sure you are seeing amber in closer to the bud vs out on the tips or ends of leaves. Those tend to be some of the oldest trichs and you need to see them starting to go amber in other locations also. As for the orange pistils, it does vary strain to strain. 70-90% orange and retracting is a general rule but my sweet tooth had a lot of white pistils lift wehen the trichs looked right

2 Likes

Thanks @Screwauger I’ll double check that… the chainsaw was outside of the tent. Hahaha
I do know everything on the buds across all of the strains are definitely milky white, I will double check how much amber on the buds specifically, and on each strain. This is seriously getting closer than I previously thought.

2 Likes

This is the best I can do for now. I’ll attempt a few more shots, but this was an OG Kush. Right on the bud as @Screwauger said. It gets complicated when adding a phone over the lens. This works just fine with my eye… lol

5 Likes

@Snowman ^^^^ scroll up a bit.
Okay so here’s the scoop everyone, I gave up trying to capture pictures, but at least I know what I’m looking for. Those buds are so frosty and sticky and smell wonderful when working with them. I’m going to stick to my harvest estimate of 10/20-10/30. Across the board I have milky white trichomes with an amber here and there on OG Kush and GSC. WW has all milky white trichomes. THC Bomb is milky white, a few clear, no amber. The Txaki is barely milky white with translucent cloudy trichomes but no amber. I’ll check again in about week, no sense checking something everyday. The question is should it be just plain water here out if we are shooting for 10/20? Or continue with the feeding schedule? Sorry I over think things.

3 Likes

@Covertgrower oh how many that was good! Didn’t read the whole thing too much, loved all this pictures. And that sensor thing is very cool! Good job on the grow!

That last picture is awesome!

Yes I would cut the nutrients out now. I am doing the same in my dwc system. Was over 1000 ppm now she’s at 700s. I’m estimating 2 weeks for me.

1 Like

Hey thanks @Snowman! First grow, I’ve been trying hard to make’em look pretty and hopefully they vaporize nicely too. I started growing for migraines, so I started with anything labeled for it. There’s 12 all together in there. 4 Girl Scout Cookies 3 WW, 2 OG kush, 1 THC Bomb, and 2 Txaki low THC high CBD strain. (Supposedly 20:1) I started out with more, but the THC bomb strain had some males. This next cycle I’ll have 14 clones of all the same. Various amounts of each. 2 weeks? We’ll have to compare numbers… :wink: I’ll be posting in the “what’s your weight?” post.
The sensor is awesome, it works great. Originally got it for when I move the grow into the outside shed. There’s a boiler in there, but want to know the minimum temperature in case I have to put a heater in there.

1 Like

Given the proper circumstances, I shoot for 11-14 days on plain water. Good plan @Covertgrower

1 Like

Sorry @Covertgrower just saw tags glad you found the info you where looking for
The 34% humidity is a little low but I think you’ll be ok

2 Likes

Man that’s alot of different strains! Hope one works for you. I have a friend who gets migraines all the time, she uses headband and says it works good. Tried it once but I got a headache :thinking: go figure lol.
I only have 6 budding right now so you may win!
Tag me when you post your weight please :grin:
I tried to go for more “quality” this time instead of quantity. Last grows I was going for quantity and ended up shooting myself in the foot. Got 7oz of bud with 2 plants tho. But the amount of waist
( larf ) I found hidden was so sad. So this time I removed practically every shade leaf / larfy looking thing I could find haha

I would try to keep your temps up above 72 ish. Once in the 60s things will start to slow. If it’s insulated it should be easy to keep temperatures in the ranges you want.
My grow is outside in a big shed (not insulated) and then in tents,. Sometimes in the winter I see it as low as 40° inside the shed bet still 70-80 inside tents. Of course when we get the -10° Mark that’s always fun :joy:

1 Like

No worries, can’t be on all the time @Countryboyjvd1971 Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoy photos.
@Snowman the tent isn’t in the shed yet, but when it does it will be insulated, and there’s a boiler in there.

Bet it will work out just fine in there! Just checked the flower room this morning. Everything’s pumping up nicely

1 Like

@Snowman @rodri59 @bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @BlackShirt @Whodat66 @Sirsmokes @GreenThunder @Hogmaster
So this piece of technology is very useful, now that I have some usage under my belt, I would highly recommend this product. This increases the ability to see what the numbers are with out disturbing the girls when they’re sleeping. The sensor is extremely sensitive, and if I were to post the hourly info you can actually see when someone when someone showers (humidity goes up) and whenever I open the tent to take a look. Most of the humidity spikes are when the unit shuts off, and I’m not home to empty it. It’s not much to look at, but here are the numbers.

7 Likes

Yeah these little do-hickies are great. I have 2 of them (different maker), one in each of our grow spaces and soooooo glad we invested in them. Saves a LOT of leg work up and down the stairs. I just pop open the app on my phone to see whats happn’n.

4 Likes

To clarify @Covertgrower do they connect via wifi or Bluetooth?

1 Like

This is on my list of future investments :v:

1 Like