First grow, first post

@bob31 I would like to get it down to less than 45% if I can especially towards the last few weeks of flowering before harvest. Supposedly it makes more resin, and more trichomes. The plant supposedly produces extra in order to protect itself. We’ll see, I just have to move the dehumidifier to recirculate some of the air coming out of the tent. I also attempted some extra distance for you because I recalled you wanted to be able to check from your house. The most I can get is about 250ft outside with one exterior wall obstructing the Bluetooth signal before it just kind of doesnt conect. Hope that helps.
@Whodat66 Yes, it spikes a little, but you have to look at the averages. Since this dehumidifier has been working, its still in “catching up” phase. I had no such equipment before, so its a bit overloaded. I suspect after about 3 days of working hard, I can get it to level out. Then it will be just “keeping up”. Humidity can actually drive temperatures down in the tent, so that’s why you can see temperatures rising and falling coinciding with the humidity. I do have the dehumidifier hot air blowing directly towards the grow tent vents. I was able to check the temperatures before I installed the dehumidifier, and I can tell you I’ve gained about 7°. I placed the sensor about even with the canopy, but I’m not sure how much the direct light affects the sensor. I should cover it in paper to shade it some to see if that changes the reading any.

OK. I’m a stoner, but educated.

Up until about 3pm, your temp is a little low, but consistent.

Your humidity is never steady at where you want it. You say you’ve gained about 7 % humidity, but I can’t see it on your data set.

I don’t know how big your tent is, but have you thought about a more pedestrian way to boost humidity without adding heat? I just say this because the temp fluctuations I see may outweigh the benefit you gain from the boost in humidity

Or can you use dryer vent or something to duct the heat out more efficiently?

1 Like

@Covertgrower the boys are on point with the numbers but I’ll be honest I try to maintain around 50-55 % the entire grow and I keep my tent temps around 78 degrees also entire grow
That’s just what I do to low humidity is also no good do let it drop below 45 at the min
And for sure once it drys the room out it will cycle on /off only when needed mine might run 5-10 Min then shut down for 20-25 depends on humidity outdoors
I’m in a basement also so mine runs almost all year I never turn it off in winter it doesn’t run much if any

2 Likes

@Whodat66 the 7 number was the temperature not the humidity. My humidity level will probably never be super consistant for awhile because of several reasons. I live in a rainforest where the humidity is always 85% or more, and the unit is still trying to remove moisture from the whole house.
@Countryboyjvd1971 if I need to keep the humidity higher I can simply move the unit to the hallway possibly. Humidity is a real problem here. It’s just something I read that humidity extremely low towards the last few weeks of flowering helped. I dont know know if that’s true, but it certainly is not going to hurt this moisture riddled house. Let me know what you think.
Appreciate all the input. Here is this mornings readings.

Also the spikes in humidity are when the bucket gets full and the unit shuts off. If you look at the overall graphing since the unit has been operating, the humidity has been slowly coming down. The spikes in temperatures are obviously the light cycles.

1 Like

Gotcha, I would still look at ducting the heat elsewhere. Humidity = moisture + heat.

@Whodat66 the heat is from the lights coming on. You can clearly see the temperatures go down after the lights go out.

Sorry, didn’t think about the lights

1 Like

Well, we are well into flowering folks, and I’m chomping at the bit! (okay the miss is…) I remembered the clones this time! Not under natural light this time, sorry lunchtime pressure. The single clone shot was my monster crop GSC. She’s looking beautiful.
The adults are showing orange pistols, and are looking frosty. Close up is the GSC rotated in every close up. The OG Kush looks about the same amount of orange. The other shot of the two are WW, comparing super cropping differences. Nothing else in the tent is any closer than those. Microscope just got delivered, I’ll see if I can get any close up shots for everyone wondering. I expect to see some milky but maybe some still clear.
@VelcroThumb @bob31 @Zombo @GreenThunder @rodri59 @Willd @Whodat66 @BlackShirt @Sirsmokes @Screwauger

8 Likes

11 Likes

Wow! Those look impressive!

1 Like

Awful purdy girls you have there @Covertgrower :raised_hands:t3::+1:t3::butterfly::cherry_blossom::herb::seedling::hibiscus::sparkler::tada::sparkling_heart::bomb::dancer:t3::clubs::diamonds::hearts::spades::gem::moneybag::100:

1 Like

Thanks @BlackShirt and @rodri59 first grow beginners luck! I can’t wait to get home and look through this microscope. It’s gonna be fun!

3 Likes

:star_struck::heart_eyes::yum:

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 I found it!
89E12A51-E6B4-4779-A637-E97933E03DE9

4 Likes

Is this chart strictly for clones?

Wowzaa @Covertgrower things are coming along very nicely! Great work it is really starting to show!! WOW, nice plants and that first pic, dynamite bud happening right there!!! GrowingMarijuana

3 Likes

that chart shows the whole life cycle, replace clone with sprout if from seed…

1 Like

@VelcroThumb this chart is for across the board from start to finish. From vegging to the start of flowering to the final weeks before harvest. You would want that much humidity for seedlings also.