First grow, first post

@bob31 @Willd just looked up spider mites… not them. Look more like an aphid. As long as the crop is salvageable… I’ll order neem oil as well. Should I spray with hydrogen peroxide solution too??
I called and had the hardware store set the one bag left of DE aside for me.

Seriously where DO these things come from. Holy cow.

1 Like

hahaha I have no idea. They are some form of aphid, agreed. I like and use the DE and the the neem oil spray (I buy the spray bottles of pre-mixed neem oil spray. )

1 Like

@Covertgrower what ever those things are they covered and killed some of my out side flowers this summer. Cant remember what flower it was but i remeber they swarm, like covered it. And im pretty sure lady bugs eat them. You can buy online pretty cheap. If u find out a name to go with those please let us/ me know. Good luck

@Familyman420 pretty sure they are an aphid. Aphids come in many colors.

Grow tent has been “sterilized” and I didn’t see any insect activity on anything else. Sprayed with diatomaceous earth and alcohol solution for immediate and residual kill. Sprayed every plant individually, under leaves, on top of leaves, just before light out so they’ll dry with out burning. Also applied liberally to entire grow tent, and inside of pots…
Should I rinse the top foliage after a couple of days or it doesn’t matter?

@Covertgrower Thank you! The ones i had were those but an off white. They look just like the ones on the white flowers in the other picture. Next year i know they need dealt with as soon as noticed or they kill the whole plant. Sorry quick correction my wife just said the ones we had bad that wiped out our mini daisys were those red ones, good luck with them.

1 Like

@cooknkd tag me into your thread when you get a chance
Just ph @ symbol in front of a user name and that member will be notified
Just like you where lol
Happy growing

A solution of mild dish soap and water is also a good preventative and removal tool for aphids. I have some on my indoor clones that I need to treat today thanks for reminding me

3 Likes

Make sure it is “MILD” though

Dawn and similar types are not mild!

1 Like

Yes Bob thank you so much for emphasizing MILD
We use Myers or Dr. Bronner‘s Sal’s Suds. Seventh generation is also a good brand we use for our dishes but never used on plants

2 Likes

Many of us don’t know the difference, LOL. I know I didn’t, at first! @Willd

2 Likes

@Willd @bob31 I too am glad, because I would’ve used Dawn! Thanks guys!

1 Like

All i need to do is think about @Screwauger and what happened to him, so every time I see it being recommended i go into hyper mode, lol!

3 Likes

Ok @bob31 @rodri59 @VelcroThumb @BlackShirt @Rugar89 @Willd @Screwauger @Sirsmokes @AnneBonny @Stratos
Journal update not much has happened in a week, the flowers are bulking up a little. Maybe you all can see the difference because I check them everyday. Excuse the diatomaceous earth on everything, recovering from the aphid outbreak. Which we are still on high alert, the peppers are still outside, and I still see movement after the alcohol solution. I’ll be adding the soap solution as @ Willd said today. Just been behind, and they’re fine outside. Since I’m on the 13th week, no more nutrients, but just plain water, unless someone recommends otherwise. This is all new, and I dont know everything. I’ve been watering everyday, if I don’t, by the second day they’re showing signs of wilt.
The clones are doing great, even the shrimp GSC clone survived and is showing growth. The man meter cropped clones have finally returned to Veg phase, and I’ll be changing the light schedule back to 14/10 from 24.
I think it’s a water and wait game here out. Should I rinse the DE earth from the tops of the leaves? Is it hurting anyrhing? A bit panicked about it.

GSC, and GSC close up.

2 Likes

More tags: @Donaldj @Hogmaster @Countryboyjvd1971 @BIGE @Whodat66 @70sChick @dbrn32 @Capt_Seeweed

2 Likes

i think i have a problem with them,could you describe them?

1 Like

Out of likes @Covertgrower they look awesome to me.:heart::heart: If your still concerned about the aphids I would leave the DE on as a precaution.

1 Like

@BIGE Aphid - Wikipedia

Translucent green, and suck the sap out of stuff. About 1/8” long or less. Hexagonal in shape… They do come in other colors, depending on what they feed on. Hope this helps.

@AnneBonny it is still on the rest of the plant, underneath and everything. I’m mostly concerned about blocking the energy production from the leaves being covered.

My only input is that the leaves are still alive (plus) green-ish (plus) and you don’t smoke that part (double-plus)

@Whodat66 well, it’s all food grade DE, so it’s all safe in the end.

1 Like