First grow and journal Mulegal here

@mulegal Great job, great lookin’ gals what else could one want?

1 Like

Wow, Look at you? That will definitely do the trick! The girls will be getting some good ole natural sunlight. You guys are making me want to build my darn deer fence so I can get my girls out for a while each day.

2 Likes

Go for it @Flyr. They almost seem to vibrate with joy outside…oh, maybe that’s me :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Damn, that’s impressive. I get so jealous of you country people. :blush:

1 Like

Just different skills I think @raustin . I could no more find my way around NYC than I could play an oboe. First time I visited the city, I spent the whole day in Central Park…hahahahaha Trees and grass I understand

2 Likes

Lol, yes Central Park is where we keep our trees.

1 Like

hahahaha well, I know that. The second visit I went to the Botanical Gardens.

2 Likes

I haven’t been to the Botanical gardens since I was a kid. Beautiful place.

1 Like

Yes I remember the amazing greenhouses. It was 1981 I think…Long time ago.

2 Likes

Oh, I’m older than that. I’m talking since the 60’s!

1 Like

Yes, I realize that. Just remebering that 1981 was when I went to the gardens. I was definitely no kid in the 80’s hahahaha

2 Likes

I’m just curious as to what your plans are for the summer months. I know that country where you live, and I’ve seen it hit 120 degrees in the daytime. So, are you going to use shade cloth? Or a big shady tree?

1 Like

@mulegal, Question, what side of the house did you build your spa for the girls? Are you going to keep them in their house all night? I used to keep my plants outside 100% of the time when the temperature wasn’t in the 100’s. It was always a balancing act due to the late afternoon temps becoming super hot or having the buildings roof over hang totally block the sun. What’s cool about your spa is it doesn’t look super heavy so you can move it where you get the best sun light coverage. These plants pretty much do what it takes to thrive when they have the opportunity.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing. It looks light enough to move it wherever you need it, very clever. :wink:

Yes @Loneviking those dang 118’ August days are worrisome. Luckily they are not the norm, but they do happen. Seems the last few years 95-102 seems to be the ‘norm’ average through most of summer.

Both the heat and the extreme sun intensity has been on my mind since this endeavor began.

I have a couple locations planned for summer grow. One in direct sun and shade cloth available for the 1pm-5pm sun intensity. And another spot that has some filtered shade on and off through the day thanks to some big ole trees. This is really a learning event right now. I hope to reap some harvest but so much to learn and so many variables to tweak. Part of the fun:smiley::smiley:

1 Like

Yes @Flyr and @raustin this funky grow box is light enough to move around pretty easily. Right now it is on the south side back of the carport. In the middle of a freak cold spell right now so plant is still coming in and out (plus she’s still kind of young at 18 days today) 24’ yesterday morning and 30’ this morning. Brrrrrrr The angle of the winter sun right now doesn’t cast any sun blockage from roof overhang so as long as the sky is clear, the sun is on box. About 7AM -5:30PM When March rolls around I think it’ll be smooth sailing for her outside either in or out of grow box.

So @Flyr, how is it you are familiar with this little part of the world?

1 Like

Oops it wasn’t you @Flyr, I know you’re in TX, it was @Loneviking who knew this area.

@highcountrygal, @Flyr, @Myfriendis410, @neckNflu, @Loneviking et all.
(do I have to tag every new entry or ??)

Anyhow I have a question:

Today is cool and overcast

My cold frame is in direct cloud-diffused sunlight and 75’
Under my lights in the house it’s brighter but cooler (got really cold last night and the stove burned out sometime in the wee hours…brrrrrrr)

She be better in cold frame or under lights indoors?

Does sunlight passing through plexiglass, or window glass get degraded or is it still full spectrum?

Whatcha all think?

4 Likes

@mulegal I know what you mean by tagging! Too bad you can’t form a group tag! Like on a one time basis add who you want in the group with the ability to add or remove as needed. It’s still cold here too.

3 Likes

I would leave her in the cold frame, diffused sun is preferable in my opinion. How cold is it inside?