First Autoflower Grow. ILGM WW Auto 4th week Flower

This is my first auto flower grow. 600W led, 36x24x63 tent. 5 gallon pots, ffof, ff trio nutes. Started flowering march 1st 2017. about one month into flower. plan on going another 3-4 weeks. I have been LST since 4th node. took a while to lst because the plant was so compact! Dense buds. Had some PH issue/calmag in the beginning. only used reverse or distilled water, always ph’d between 6.2-6.6, but was getting a high runoff of 7.3+. soil ph meter was above 8. not sure if I just got a bad bag of ffof or not. Also small amounts of nute burn where I tried to see the limits for the auto flower.

Any advice on what you can tell from your autoflower grows? look on track? thanks and peace :slight_smile:

9 Likes

They sure do look on track.
And i would like to tag you for my journal on Auto-Flowering plants
i have 7 different strains 2 plants of each a grown in soil and 7 being grown in a soil-less-soil

Will

1 Like

Thanks will, yes tag away. It will give me an idea of where I should be. After this harvest, I want to grow another white widow auto to adjust all the mistake I made here. Also, I have a candy kush from auto seeds I’m going to grow beside. I will be adding more perlite to the ffof. I only put 20% perlite, but this time I am adding 40% as I’ve read autos enjoy a more airy medium. Also, when I load the soil I will be putting a large solo cup in the center for the happy frog. In this grow of ffof I got nute burn, just barely, but I’d prefer none, especially during seedling stage. I can rule out all ph, heat, humidity as the cause during the seedling stage. Any thoughts on my future plans for soil medium?

I’ve really grown to enjoy this autoflower grow. Glad I went against all the bad talk on how they yield crap. Seems I will be having a great yield for 70 +/-days

1 Like

As far as soil go’s try to get your soil with the less amount of nutrients.
then ad worm castings and some bat guano.
I bought this and add it as a tea

https://www.amazon.com/Guano-Company-720040-Super-Tea/dp/B01G74BXIK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1490978467&sr=8-2&keywords=super+tea+mix+bat+guano?tag=greenrel-20

Will

2 Likes

Looking good! Here are mine at 6 1/2 weeks, for reference

4 Likes

@garrigan62, thank you for the advice. I have a few weeks before I sow the next grow. I really want to go as organic as possible. I really dislike the taste of hydro grown and do not mind sacrificing some yield for taste.

1 Like

@Sl1

Hello,
Thanks for your pics! In fact, I already peaked at your pics :stuck_out_tongue: I’m at day 47 from seed right now. Are those 6 weeks into flower I imagine? I’m basing my harvest date around the 57-58 day of flower. However, I’ll let the trichomes decide. Where were you on harvest? I appreciate any advice.

1 Like

Yes, those are close to 100 days from seed (Jan 10) and 49 days in flower (just checked calendar!) , and they are autos.

I’m harvesting this weekend. Dried a bud I picked last Sunday and it was just what I’m looking for. Trichromes still all milky last night.

Can’t offer much in the way of advice cuz I’m a noob too…but I opened up the canopy on my larger plant about ten days ago and it really helped her buds fatten and ripen. Didn’t do that with my small plant who is SUPER dense and I think a lot of smaller interior buds just aren’t going to give me much. For future WW grows I will definitley FIM and take clones from lower branches, these plants grew really short, compact and dense.

Thread where I discussed my decision to prune big girl

1 Like

Awesome! Generally lower buds don’t develop huge anyway. If you’re growing another round I’d suggest trying lst early on. I’ve managed to keep mine under 10 inches at this point with most the canopy at even levels of light. I removed a few fan leaves that I couldn’t tuck anywhere. I couldn’t contain the main colas down as they are so compact. I didn’t want to take the chance on breaking the main vein. What size pots are you in and light? They look to be in soil?

1 Like

And I can’t wait to sample…mmmmmm growing, the ultimate test of patience!

1 Like

Mine are in 5 gallon cloth pots and FF Happy Frog soil. My smaller plant was IIRC 11.5 inches at the tallest measurement, the larger 18" plus and just as wide. My smaller girl looks like this when I pull her branches forward, almost all her branches look like this, buds top to bottom.

4 Likes

They look great! Can’t wait to see them all trimmed up!

I think that I’m going to keep growing the small one another week or more, and harvest the larger plant this weekend.

I wonder if lightly tying some of the stems/colas apart would assist?

Im fairly certain any amount of extra light the bud sites can receive will be beneficial!

1 Like

66 grams (2.36 ounces) from Big Girl harvested last week and dried upside down 6 days! Woo hoo!

2 Likes

Very nice!!! Tasstyyy???

@NangoBilly smooth smoke but no real taste yet, have yet to vape. Hope it cures up tasty but then I have ALOT to learn

Update @NangoBilly I opened the curing jars today and took a smell - Niiiiiiiice, can really smell the heavy terpines? Piney citrus yum!

2 Likes

@Sl1 can’t wait, mine smell so delicious. Thank God for a carbon filter! Exactly what I smell too, pine citrus!

1 Like