First attempt - Help

Welcome to the community!
Yea that sounds like that may be the culprit ,
leaves should be pat dried after watering before the lights are cranked on and follow the nute schedule
Less is more and the nutes , as already been said should be pHed to 6.5 before feeding and pH your water to 6.5 on watering days

1 Like

Can I drill holes in sides and make the bottom ones about the size of what coin?! And how many holes roughly .

1 Like

U can but fabric pots are the best if you can swing a coulple bucks for em

2 Likes

Oops
Sorry that question was not directed toward me

2 Likes

Already been watching :+1:. Iā€™m lurking on many :grinning:

1 Like

Yes you can. I strongly recommend to go whit fabric pots instead but if you donā€™t have the possibility to get them go whit hols plan. I think 4 big ones under the pot and 15-25 smaller ones on side(3-5mm)

3 Likes

Think everyone covered this and possible causes lots of good tips thanks guys :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Besides giving them nutrients way too early , I also think you are overwatering big timeā€¦ every other day or every 3 days should be good enoughā€¦ :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

He used Maricle grow ā€œnatures care organic and naturalā€ (with water conserve?) its fertilizer analysis is 0.15-0.13-0.15 should I just do water for next few weeks and see what happens . Also how often should I spray them down with spray bottle? *note to self , pat dry leafs and donā€™t spray while under the light

1 Like

So mix in a gallon jug and when itā€™s time to feed I just splash a little in each pot? For ex. In a 5 gallon pot how much fluid should I use when feeding ? Then how long after feeding intill I water again? Just wait till top 2 inches are dry to touch?

You wonā€™t need additional nutrients with that soil. The only time I spray the plants is for pest control (mildew, caterpillars etc) and avoid spraying leaves when possible.

3 Likes

@Organigrow410 no nutes yet your gonna kill your plants giving them more nutriets than they can process.
Just water for now pH it to 6.5
I push my finger in the soil and if its dry to my second knuckle I water. If any water gets on the foliage pat dry with a paper towel or any time you do a foliar spray make sure the plant is dry before crankin your lights on
I have a 2 gallon jug and often times it is enough to sufficiently water 3-4 5 gallon pots but I am in burlap sacks and they drain well.
Hope this helps

2 Likes

@growit @Myfriendis410 et al

you guys are doing great here. Check the ingredients in that miracle gro, itā€™s most likely a mix but it could be pH adjusted, maybe a slurry test to be sure.You guys got this!

3 Likes

Thanks again everyone! I added some new photos today & things are looking a lot brighter! He stoped watering/spraying them & also cut off some fan leafs.

Okay so take always are

#1. 5 gallon felt pots .
#2. 2700k 100w cfls for flower
#3. Cold white light for veg .
#4. No nutes untill 3 weeks after there in the final pot . Unless itā€™s a little calmag.
#5.water only when top 2knuckles deep is dry.
#6.dont spray leafs and if they get wet pat dry before placeing back in the light.
#7.water plants in beginning of light cycle

what would the ideal k rating /w attage be on a cold white bulb ? I will be using 8 of whatever you suggest .

should I keep a fan blowing directly on them or is it good enough to just have fresh air circulating into the room ?

What is a good coco brand and do I mix it with anything ?!

2 Likes

Day 51 from seed , he has since raised ph in soil 1.0 to get it up to roughly 6.5 it was low, he added 30 holes per pot for air and drainage , raised humidity to roughly 45 , raised light a good bit it was to close , he flushed them then gave cal magazine well which all has seemed to do the trick . They are thriving and just getting water and cal mag from now on

![IMG_4514|281x500]

1 Like