First attempt - Help

Hello, any help is appreciated! Reaching out to this Community because a good friend of mine is growing his first cannabis plants. I am hoping someone here can help us figure out what the deal is with them . They are 26 days old and over the last 5 days these marks, spots and colors have started . And these pics are of the worse one . The other one is showing the early signs of whatever this one has going on.

Strain; Bag seeds but good bag seeds

Soil - natures care organic

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? Water I use is 6.4 I used a rest strip to check it so may be off.

What is strength of nutrient mix? Not familiar with nutrients but bought fox farm trio and I gave this plant one watering with big bloom using 2 table spoons per gallon . (Feed them this 2 times in 2 weeks

Indoor

Light system, size? 8 ā€œ100w equivalentā€ cfl bulbs 2700k each

Temps; Day, Night 75,68

Humidity; Day, Night 37,30

Ventilation system; one Fan pulling in fresh air from open room

Humidifier ; yes

Co2; Na

1 Like

@Organigrow410 post a support ticket and we can tag some expert growers over!

2 Likes

Thanks sir.l edited the post and added it in the original!

1 Like

Calling all troops!! @bob31 @Covertgrower @Countryboyjvd1971 @dbrn32 @Donaldj
Lets give @Organigrow410 some help!

Heres a chart for ya in the meanwhile

2 Likes

Iā€™m not familiar with the soil you are using but if it is Juiced up or super soil I believe they call it it might be a little early to run any nutes. They could just be having an overdose. Also make sure you do not over water and give the soil time to dry out, a little. Iā€™m new around here but Iā€™ve had that sort of thing happened to me in the past. You might want to just wait until some more experienced people read and reply. Good luck!

3 Likes

The chart that velcro just posted is indispensable. Put that somewhere and keep it. That is one of the things that attracted me to this website. The knowledge and the resources that people have here is amazing. Theyā€™re so willing to share their hard-earned knowledge with you too. Very cool site.

3 Likes

@Organigrow410 i know @bob31 will most likely ask for a pic of your bag of soil and a pic of its ingredients

1 Like

@Organigrow410 saw your support ticket, thatā€™s helpful. Random question is it possible there was water/and nutrients spilled on the leaves? Do waterings typically take place with the lights on? (Everyone has different schedules and practices) It could be nitrogen deprived, but I donā€™t think thatā€™s what it is because of the random pattern of yellow spots. Did you happen to purchase the ā€œgrow bigā€ from fox farms?
Thanks for the tag @VelcroThumb

4 Likes

I should mention I use the fox farm Trio along with a Cal Mag and a silica additions. And then when needed I use cha Ching and beastie bloomz. I do not add any nutrients to my water until weak 3 of veg, except Cal Mag. I find that my girls need cal-mag most of the time it helps me fight the red stems and branches. And Iā€™ve been adding a little silica just to try it out thatā€™s a new addition for me.
When I do start using nutrients, especially with strains Iā€™m not familiar with, I start at half of the recommended teaspoons. And then for instance the next week i may go up to three-quarters of the strength or just go full strength and see how they go depending on how well the half-strength went. Iā€™ll be happy to help with any questions regarding that down the road if you need it or even now haha.
I was told a few years back when I started growing that ff was a good noobie nutrient line to use but Iā€™ve always stuck with it because i became familiar with it and Iā€™ve gotten good results. Like I said got to have a cal mag supplement I find thatā€™s the biggest addition You may need right away. Oh and no matter what even if itā€™s just plain water I always check my pH. If you donā€™t have a pH pen get one. You wonā€™t regret it. I got one for my birthday and I love it. Good luck and no matter what donā€™t give up! No matter what happens

4 Likes

Sorry ( for posting so much but like I said Iā€™m new to thisšŸ˜) for clarification I should mention that my ā€œweek 3ā€ of veg when I do start to feed my plants nutrients, is actually week 3 of them being in their final 5 gallon pots. I usually take clones at the beginning of my previous flower cycle and then keep them under T5 lights until I can switch my one room around. I dream to have two rooms someday but for now I got to make one room worked for both veg and flower. I do keep my clones outside of that room though so thereā€™s no light problems from my t5, etc

1 Like

Iā€™m not exactly sure what that is. @Covertgrower may be on to something with the water on leaves.

2 Likes

All out of likes again @dbrn32

2 Likes

How close are the lights?
Also your lights are better suited for flower at 2700k
Do you have the fox farm feeding chart ?
I recommend when feed using full streaght nutes just feed a lesser amount when you start with new plants and following the feeding chart is a good base line
I also recommend you buy a digital ph meter and tds meter as well

Here a copy of feeding chart
I suspect a ph imbalance in the organic soil
Its a good idea when using soil for the first time to get a baseline reading on soil ph using a slurry test
At this point next watering water till you get run off collect that and test ph
Post info when you do your run off should be in the 6.3-6.8 range

4 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 absolutely correct about the 2700k bulbs. Youā€™ll be better off with a cold white for now, and then use the 2700k bulbs when you switch to flower.

@SmoknGranny here is a cfl grow for you to follow along.

4 Likes

@Organigrow410

Welcome to ILGM and Thank you for choosing us for help.

Ok why are you feeding it "BIG BLOOM " for ? your plants are not in flower there in veg stag and should only be get non-bloom nutrients

Stop with the bloom and water only for the next 3 feedings to help clear that bloom out and go to the veg only nutrients

Case in point and I Quote:

Fox Farm Trio Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom & Grow Big Soil 32 oz Put it all together. Big Bloom, Grow Big, and Tiger Bloom, together at last. Use them in sequence for brilliant blooms and luscious fruit all season long.

" Start with Grow Big for abundant green growth. Switch to Tiger Bloom at the first sign of bud set or flowering. "

Use Big Bloom throughout all growing cycles to heal root systems and increase nutrient cycling. Ideal for mature, late-season flowers and fruit.

Will

Will

6 Likes

I was going to comment on that too, good catch!

@Organigrow410 ditch the test strips and invest in a good digital ph meter along with calibration solution. Much more precise.

You wonā€™t need any nutrients in soil for 6 weeks or so, depending on the soil used.

Looks like a ph issue to me.

4 Likes

I hope you have hols in that pot,
The root system needs to ā€œbreadā€ sow I recommend repot her in fabric pots (5-7gal at least) or make some holes in that plastic pot.

1 Like

Thanks sir, Yes he has grow big , big bloom & tiger bloom . Yes watered with lights on but took out of light while pouring water then right back in lights and also been watering at the end of the day Iā€™m guessing the morning would be better . It is possiable some nuets have gotten on leafs I suppose but not much.

1 Like

Great advice and think u are correct from what reader has I have done I think i started a good bit early with the big bloom and should have just done calmag .