Finally free to use my green thumb!

Ok lovely peoples! Im super excited to be here! Gotta share with someone! Lol I habe successfully gotten my first plant to grow and bud! Shes BEAUTIFUL! :heart_eyes: I’m scared though because i know the pot I have her in is WAY too small but between work and taking care of my family I have procrastinated as much as I can stand…Question is…am I too late? Lol somebody, anybody, EVERYBODY! HELP​:sob:

6 Likes

@MzPurp

Yes unfortunately I think you’re too late to transplant.

Transplanting during flowering may shock her into hermie- and would hate to see that happen.

But the pot does look quiet small- how many weeks into flowering is she??

2 Likes

It’s been about 3 weeks now. The buds have doubled in size since last week. I’m so mad at myself for slacking off like I did when I put so much into getting her going. I started her from a seed I had found in a friends’ bag lol. Waited almost a year before I planted her. This was back in late june. I do so regret not properly documenting her growth :expressionless:

3 Likes

She sure is tall

3 Likes

@Ray4x so what about after I harvest? I want to try and keep my baby going so she can bud again. You think I could transplant her to a more permanent home then?

1 Like

@Wishingilivedina420state omg YES I wasn’t ready for the height. But I was scared to top her. LOL

1 Like

I love topping my plants, gets better yield . But you have to do it in your own time. Don’t try and rush anything with these plants it only causes problems.
I gotta say I agree with @Ray4x I wouldn’t transplant now , may cause big problems.

3 Likes

Thanks @Wishingilivedina420state and @Ray4x I’m gonna leave her in her current pot and just worry about feeding for now. So far she’s been happy with the raspberry and goji berry tea I give her. She smells sooo yummy!

3 Likes

Hey! She looks great! I’ve seen people have nice results with small pots. It’s not ideal, but you can make up for it with more frequent water/feed.

2 Likes

Assuming you have a growlight, etc, and can flip back to vegging after harvest, I think you could pot it up once it’s growing vigorously again. You really have nothing to lose giving it a shot, right?

1 Like

@MzPurp

It is possible to get your plant to reveg again. But I’ve seen a few people on here try without any success. And from what I read the yield is significantly less and seems to not be worth the time.

You will need to leave about a quarter to half of the buds and leaves on the plant when you harvest and then switch your light back to 18/6 or whatever you were using for veg.

In my opinion you are better off dropping a new seed and starting a new grow.

3 Likes

I’m too a novice but is it too late to clone? That’d be better than starting from seed again at least. I think you have to clone before it flowers, right?

@Tylan

You can take clones up until 2-3 weeks after light switching. That is a process called monster cropping. Supposedly if you clone a plant that is just starting flowering and then reveg that clone- you get a bigger yield.

I’ve taken clones from plants 7 week’s after light flip with no issues other then taking a lil bit longer to root sometimes… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses: