Feminized white widow outdoor

Today’s pic mainly because I’m playing with learning more about my phone :iphone: camera. No amber so trying to be patient.

1 Like

@SmoknGranny is this your current journal? Can we talk about the clones here?

More or less. I really didn’t journalize it properly but plan to next grow. Heck, I didn’t know you all were here until way after we started growing :rofl: My partner is a wonderful person and very educated in growing other plants. I was hesitant to question her methods. But you know that feeling you get when something doesn’t feel just quite right? That’s when I found ILGM and it’s been wonderful. While my friend is too paranoid to even search online plus her disability, and from all the reading and advice from all here, I bought a Cervantes book for her to read. WOW! We’ve released a Weed Growing Monster! She wants to finish this grow “with no more mistakes!”

1 Like

That’s awesome! Gotta love tenacity!

So getting to the mother clones question, in theory if you veg them to the exact same day and flower them on the exact same day (assuming indoor) then they should come down very close to the same days +/-

Now if the lights are different wattages and they are watered and fed differently that could affect the dates they ripen. So there are many variables but they should be sort of close anyway I would think. @SmoknGranny

@SmoknGranny. Wow looking great! When the trichones start to look milky
they are real close! As soon as you find one or two Amber ones it’s time!!
Great job!

1 Like

Outdoor both clones and mothers.

Mother today

Clone today

2 Likes

@SmoknGranny I can’t see the trichomes but based on pistils it looks like the clone is slightly further along?

Possibly. That’s what I’m trying to figure out :blush: I’m thinking of doing a three or four step harvest on the Mothers. Take some every week, label and date each cutting and record with photos. I’m assuming I will start at the top and work down? Oh!!! Have to harvest within 3 weeks due to perimeter weed cover dying and family visiting my friend. I’m tempted to let one clone go to as much amber as possible. This is all new to me​:weary::older_woman:

1 Like

hahaha let them (the buds) come to you! lol. It is a great mind game at times, trying to get everything sorted out in the brain. (I recommend a sativa! to help!) hahaha it will all come together @SmoknGranny

Funny you said that as we were discussing that today. Any good sativa recommendations??? Since getting back into the game most of what I’ve smoked has been more indica. Seeds on hand for next spring are: fem WW, Purple Kush, & possibly Afghan.

1 Like

Indicas are great, but they make me sleepy most cases though Blueberry (indica hybrid) makes me calm and then happy and all around feeling good.

My favorite sativa right now is chocolope. Good clear headed energetic and all around good deal! Amnesia Haze is similar. I am growing the autos right now. I have AK47 home grown and it is a slight sativa dominant hybrid similar in effects to blueberry but the blueberry is a lot more aromatic and flavorful!

All of the ILGM Sativas are great and highly recommended!

https://shop.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/collections/all/sativa-dominant

I hear great things about the Durban Poison as well, but they only offer regular seeds right now. When they fem those, I’m all over them! Train wreck get really great reviews as well.

Are their specific medical issues? Some strains work especially well for specific issues. Chocolope is highly rated for migraines and cluster headaches!

1 Like

Repeat after me…

I will not buy more seeds until I use what I already have…

ya, it doesn’t matter how much you say it, we all still buy more :rofl:

3 Likes

For me, I need pain management daily. I’m also highly stressed dealing with hubby in lala land, trying to maintain house and mechanical breakdowns and not enough available $$ for bills. We should do better financially by this time next year without the government taking a big chunk of our savings. So the stress has led to insomnia and depression. I would like something to ease pain during the day but not give me couch lock, help with motivation and appetite (between all teeth pulled & lack of appetite I’ve lost over 20 pounds this last year). At night I’d like something stronger for pain and to help shut my brain down and just relax. Do I want too much?

1 Like

Out of likes but thanks for making me smile :blush::hugs:. I have scrimped and saved and put away $59 for 5 seeds. Now just have to figure out what to try next.

2 Likes

@Ron330 omg so funny… how many times have i said that??? hahaha

First, I am sorry that you are going through all of that at once. You are a very strong person, stronger than you realize! @SmoknGranny

If I was a doctor of MJ I would write you a prescription!

So I am going to respond in a 3 part response

This one is sleep.

And I think you have the indicas covered really well. Many of them will also help with appetite.

Purple Kush gets good marks for appetite! But it is also pretty high up the scale for relaxation and sleep, so this is a strain to use lightly to see how it does with your appetite. too much and you will be down for the count though!

Afgahni has similar (almost exactly) the same effects as PK does.

Pain management late afternoon and Evening

White Widow and that is a great late afternoon/ evening and even bedtime med. White widow will be your afternoon go to.

Daily Pain Management, get things done, clear headed thinking… Saw what you said about picking one strain…

Answer one more series of questions for the sativa. How are you going to grow? In or out or both and is your goal decent yield or quicker turnaround smaller yield? How much do you anticipate using say from the time you get up till mid afternoon? Generally thats like 3 or 4 sessions for me? How many of the 5 sativa seeds would you grow at once?

Yep. That’s kinda what I figured. So I’m thinking of the Chocolope if it will grow well in Nebraska outside in pots. I will also have a small greenhouse next spring.
And yes I’m stronger than I think and have managed to keep things going for a long time now but I’m getting tired and seems like another mountain to climb every day. I’ve accomplished things I never thought I could. It just seems to take me a while to get them done :blush:
I truly appreciate yours and others advice and support. It means more than I can express in words :heart:

2 Likes

for me @SmoknGranny for the daytime it’s either chocolope or amnesia haze. They both score almost exactly the same.

If I had to pick one or the other right now, it would be chocolope as it rates a little higher for appetite

You know how you can thank me? Grow the best danged meds on the planet and never spend another day in pain!

I hope you will do a grow journal in the spring! I’d love to tag along and help tweak anything that needs tweaking. Though you already are doing really well so probably more for moral support than anything else!

Ahh. I would say a decent yield (I have learned patience with growing). Maybe a bowl or two in the morning depending on the chores for the day. I don’t smoke and drive except for the short trip home from my grow partners. With cold weather and snow down the road I will be more home bound & more prone to depression. I only get away from home once a week currently and that’s going to change based on future weather. So I’ll probably smoke more weed just out of boredom :rofl: The pain never really goes away and gets worse with the cold weather. I should (operative word) have enough WW after harvest to get me through the next year between buds and trim.

2 Likes