Favorite uses for cannabutter

Hot buttered rum.
Hash browns
Baked potato
Biscuits

2 Likes

Yeahhhh. I’m thinking…snow day good movie and hot buttered rum :cocktail::drooling_face:

1 Like

Hashbrowns (with onions) finished with some cheese and smoked paprika.

3 Likes

That looks mighty good :blush:

Illustrates what I was saying about waiting until whatever is almost done to add the butter. I want it melted and “infused” in the food, but I don’t want to cook it any more.

I’m wondering (& sometimes that’s dangerous :rofl:), about slow saute onions and peppers to put on hamburgers tonight. Probably would be better with steak, but got hamburger for $2/pound Tuesday :sunglasses: Thoughts?

1 Like

I think that cooking the butter for too long will probably reduce the goodies content. And you leave all that oil stuck to the pan! Do a stuffed burger, and mix the butter with cheese and stuff in the middle. Or just butter the bun with it.

Thanks. I think I may try that stuffed. As to leaving butter on pan, I was going to fry Hamburgers in that after spooning out the veggies. Didn’t think about out cooking the good stuff :smiley:

Have been using mine in Oatmeal cookies…found the recipe in the Fanny Farmer cookbook…just substitute canna butter…wife loves them just before bed…gets a whole nights sleep… :cookie:

2 Likes

Oatmeal Cookies:

Ingredients

4 oz of Cannabutter
1/2 Cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 Cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 Cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
1 1/2 Cups quick or old fashioned oatmeal (uncooked)
1/2 Cup raisins

Method

Preheat oven to 350F.
Beat together Cannabutter and sugars until creamy.
Add egg and vanilla.
Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
Stir in oats and raisins.
Scoop up spoonfuls with tablespoons onto greased cookie sheet. (I make about 20 normal sized cookies.)
Bake about 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Cool for a few minutes and enjoy your very special treat!

Tip: You can swap out the raisins for chocolate chips for a sweeter treat.

Enjoy!!

5 Likes

Thank you. Bookmarked!

1 Like

Like I said before, get creative, ANY recipe that calls for butter or oil can be juiced up!

But, cooking in a skillet is high heat, baking is usually 350 or less, and the internal temp of whatever rarely gets that high.

2 Likes

I have a recipe and a story (like in the cookbooks)

I never drank coffee until I joined the service, but in snow up to the ^%$ in Korea one winter I tried my first, initially to keep my hands warm on the cup…

This was MRE coffee. I am not sure if beans are involved in the making of this, but think Folgers instant. Anyway, the perfect ratio was (obviously) one packet of coffee, and the packet of sugar and the packet of creamer. So, I was at someones house that did not drink coffee, and they offered me a cup (weird?). It was instant coffee, and I was instantly taken back about 20 years.

I have since grown wiser, grind my own beans etc. but that day I went to the store and got some instant coffee and creamer. Now I have a cup every once in a while, but I add budder.

Buttered Coffee
1 tbsp. instant coffee
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp. creamer
1 tbsp. budder

I use an emersion blender and spin it until the sheen turns to froth.

4 Likes

Darned if that doesn’t sound yummy :yum:

1 Like

You could add cocoa powder, use flavored creamers, whatever. Throw in a shot of bourbon! I think that the acidity and bitterness of the coffee counteracts the oiliness from the budder.

1 Like

Never had anything edible related before…how long does it take for the high to come to fruition? For instance, someone posted about oatmeal cookies…how many should be consumed?

1 Like

Edibles effect you differently than smoking or vaping @dmykins For me it’s about 90 minutes to hit. Always start out slow, wait an hour to see how you feel and go from there. By slow, it’s 1/4 or half a cookie, browny or what ever, then go up from there until you determine what is right for you. It also depends on the strength of the canna-butter or canna coconut oil that you make. Check out the recipe section in the member lounge as there are lots of good recipes there to give you ideas.

2 Likes

Now you’re talking maybe with a slice of happy Carrot cake, little whip cream.

1 Like