Fan and sugar - what next?

At a young age I started making rue , can’t remember a time I didn’t know how to make it.

@Whodat66 do you think anyone on this site knows what catfish Couvillion is ? :joy: lol :joy:

1 Like

I know what catfish couvillion is :blush: But prefer it with Crappie.

1 Like

@SmoknGranny impressive. But we’ll call em Sacalait . And yeah me too. But there good anyway you cook em.

1 Like

I’d love to hear more about the water method :v::green_heart:

1 Like

I have a pretty involved cannabutter recipe, built on trial and error and internet ideas. I only cook for 3-4 hours at near boiling, but after the first hour with just butter and veg I add about a half inch of water to the jar. Shake the hell out of it every 10-15m, and after each hour, set it in the freezer for 20 min - then back in the soux vide. The freezer part I got from the internet, the dude explained it well (scientifically) and there were no adverse reactions, so…

For the hardcore, do 2 tinctures when you are going to bother. Use everclear to soak/brush/clean any grinders, sifters etc. when you do the green dragon. Just a tip.

When you clean your pipe, bowl, bong, etc what do you do? Use the same method as above by @cooknkd but cook all that tarry resiny junk then strain the heck out of it. I put it in a silicone tray and either let it evap or put it in the dehydrator. Strained well, this is a very strong tasting hash-oil like substance. Mixes well with a little honey to emulsify, then dark chocolate to make candy.

Im with @Myfriendis410 on pitching fan leaves
And also agree with @Bogleg on the bubble hash and butter
You can make canna capsules as well
You callus also do a dry shake on it and make blonde hash if you have a pollen press and dry kief shaker
I’d be happy to explain it to you
There’s a edible thread on the forum as well I’m sure you can find it if you do a search @Whodat66

1 Like

I think these were the “nuggets” I was looking for, because I don’t want to mix by babies with other stuff. my 5g will translate into 2.5-ish, and I have a little jelly jar where I can do a small batch of either tincture of budder.

1 Like

So do I - for practical purposes, or add them to a salad (actually very vitamin rich)

BUT this was my first grow, so… :wink:

I think you saw my grow journal when it was active (the bonsai plants). I had 2 beautiful, mistreated to a point, salvaged, thriving dwarf plants. Total dry yield from 2 plants was under half an oz… I’m just having fun and experimenting with this batch.

The 71C is about 7 degrees under the boiling point of alcohol, so that makes sense. Do you need to burp it like you would butter? Also, how much head-space should you leave?

I decarb in a mason jar in the oven (on the rare occasion that I cook perfectly good flowers…) and keep it sealed until it cools. No smell, then make your butter in the same jar - you lose NOTHING! Think about vaping… let it cool and settle/stick to the jar, then the butter and agitation will collect it.

I saw an article in high times that had the results of a study that used several different times and temps - instead of “look at these test results, this worked!” with no regard for what might have been better. They tested the same plant at several temps and times, and the “stoner friendly” result was 110 for 110, or 110c for 110minutes.

1 Like

@Whodat66 If you put the lid on the jar literally just use your fingertips to close it. Like as soon as you feel the threads bite you’re good and then you shouldn’t have to burp. But obviously keep an eye on it, I had one of my jars seal on me. head space should be about an inch or so, it’s damn near the same for doing the butter sous vide.

2 Likes

Decided on tincture, since I didn’t have much. Also doing the “brown dragon” (junk tincture) and some budder.

Since it is set for 68c, I have the budder in there starting, but after the tincture is done I’ll turn the heat up on it.

But once the heat is up it has to be monitored for water level, now it is hardly evaporating.

1 Like

@AnneBonny

this is what i generally use my tincture in, the gummies, hard candy, and the the like. i tend to avoid the oils, but mind you i am also not in a 420 friendly state, and avoiding them is just a personal preference. i have nothing bad to say about them at all. i just like the tincture, it’s easy for me to use across multiple recipes.

The tinctures are basically the oils, but not reduced as much to my understanding. When I do the junk tincture (really strong) I treat it more like hash oil and reduce it to a tar, but you could leave it as is.

1 Like

I’m bookmarking and will get back to you on this. Been a long day and still have chores to finish. Thanks for the info :hugs:

As far as tinctures go, you are in control. I have the brown-dragon in the dehydrator (smells wonderful, but I’m single) and about 4oz of green dragon from my fan-leaves (and cleaning my grinder)

The green has a very-chlorophyll scent to it, which makes sense because of all the fan leaves, but it is not unpleasant to the taste. I am debating between reducing it by regular evaporation (leave the lid off) or dehydrating or simmering. I think that cooking it some more might kill the green taste, make it a little more toasted…

I actually know more about Italian cooking. I know all the NOLA staples, my biggest “miss” not living there is a muffaletta from Central Grocery. However, I had 2 influential neighbors growing up.

On one side was a shrimp-boat captain. One word: by-catch (or is that two words?). Anything from the Gulf that was not shrimp was ours for a dinner invite. This played well into my dad’s hand to garner invites from our other neighbor.

On the other side was “Chef”. Didn’t know his name until I was older, but 2-3 crab-boils and fish-fry’s would usually get us an invite to his home, or his restaurant - La Riviera. Chef’s table, complimentary wine for all (I was a kid).

Goffredo Fraccaro (Retired) - Great Chefs

Oh, he obviously cooked when we went to the restaurant, but at home, his wife Maria ran the place. He drank wine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, and I can still remember my address from elementary school, so any fact-checkers out there can verify (I say this because I really am proud of it - others might not think it a big deal)

I grew up at 1943 Farmington Pl, Gretna, LA 70056, so he would have been a few numbers off of that.

How many 8-year-olds do you know that mow yards for a few dollars, and fresh lemonade and focaccia…