Easter Babies/Big Bud & Family 1st Grow

@bonnie1, Well I moved to Cape Cod for my health…I found that the salt air really helped my back issues and I love the “quaintness” about the Cape and the ocean. However, it was the weather and how costly it is to live in Canada that were issues. Income taxes, GST, Sales tax all add up quickly when you live there. I would never be able to move back there just the weather alone would probably put me in a wheel chair; 30 below and 50 below with the wind chill factor for several months in the winter is just too much for my back! I do not miss the weather or the taxes!

1 Like

@bonnie1…however the current politics here is horrible and is reflected across the world! My son wants me to move back to Canada…I told him no, I’ll “ride” out the current incumbent and hope that Americans smarten up in the next election. You would not believe what Canadians think of the “Trump”!

@Kapelady… I hear ya girl… I’ve been at the doctors office all morning. Wow, those temps would kill my arthritis and back and I know it’s expensive. Are you originally from Canada? I think I would love the Cape too, however, I won’t go in the ocean anymore. We live an hour from Syracuse, NY, few hours from Canada, they just legalized mj too right? I can imagine what they think of trump… dumb and dumber are the American people. I just talked to a guy at dr office that’s scared but really doesn’t know anything about what’s going on or what Obama did for America, healthcare, etc. or what trump has done to America and the world. He had some real weird views on immigration… grown man and was clueless. I wish I had your faith that someone will change this soon, think the world will be in jeopardy if he’s in for 4 years and the US will collapse for sure. I heard the Mexicans were running back to Mexico, they’re making more money there now, trump don’t need no wall… :joy::joy:haha haha

@Wishingilivedina420state… you are so nice to give me that info. I really didn’t know and was going to ask hydro store guy. Was at doctors today so haven’t gotten there yet but I’m in the process of doing runoff on big bud and will let you know what it is. If it goes up some, does that mean it’s getting better? One girl came out at 6.5, one at 5.8. I’ll get back to you, I’m so busy I hope I can remedy this without flushing… thanks so much, you’ve been constant help and really appreciate you seeing me through this. :grin:

@Wishingilivedina420state… ok, I did runoff on big bud and it’s up to 6.0. Last reading was 5.5… is this getting better? Seems like it is. The nutes must’ve done this but I want to try to get it to 6.5 next watering. What do you think? They look good, no new bad leaves. :blush:

O awesome, yes this is great . It may take a lot longer with out the sledgehammer but a flush is a flush, but the sooner you get her right the better for your harvest.
On my last bag seed grow I had ph problems with one small plant and although I still got an oz from her it’s crap smoke. And the buds were way smaller than they should have been.

@bonnie1 every thing ok a the doctor’s?

Oh I’m alright… just a lot of medical problems. I managed not to have a dr appt in August, lol… very sick of it. But anyway, as you can see… I don’t sleep through the nights it’s 3 am. The girls are taking a lot of water, so maybe I can correct it this weekend. If they all get up to 6 ph, I won’t be as worried :weary: I’ll keep at it. Was your bag seed, good weed to begin with? This worries me cause if I light up and don’t get off, I’ll be devistated! I really need this to work or I might go nuts! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

great job bonnie just read through all the posts cheer you are doing a great job I too am doing a first grow and and there is so much too learn…
Don’t worry I’m sure that youre harvest will more than give you a buzz. I just smoked a joint from an ilgm haze that a friend gave me and I cant feel my face hahahaha.
Keep at it and I know its hard but patience my friend :slight_smile:

@Drsmeg… haha.:joy:… I hope I can’t feel my face too!!! I’m getting that ph under control if it kills me… and it just might cause six plants that need water and runoff is alotta work :man_farmer:clearly have too many girls but my next plan is to germinate 2 big bud as close to harvest as I can and 2 autos, which I’m ordering soon just gotta decide which seeds are best for autos. With my 2 tents they will fit perfect and I will scrog both for sure. I learned fimming, topping, LST and net. The net works great!! Let me see your grow, :grimacing::herb:

@Wishingilivedina420state… ok, things are lookin good. Chocolade runoff… went in at 7.5 came out exactly 6.5. So when it comes out at 6.5 for first time, do I start back with ph water at 6.5?

Hey @bonnie1. Your grow is looking good seems
Like you are getting your PH in the correct
Range.
I wanted to mention since you are using fox farm nutrients for your grow that you will want to check the PH of your water after you add the nutrients. Fox farms will lower the PH of your water so you want to be sure to check and PH balance accordingly. Wasn’t sure if anyone had mentioned that to you so figured I would mention it just in case.
But yes I believe once you have your PH in the correct range you can go back to watering with the 6.5 as suggested. Just be sure to keep monitoring your runoff to be sure You are still in the correct range.

Hey… I’m still trying to get it back to 6.5 and few girls are there but tried one that came out 6.5 from last water at 6.5 and it came out 5.8, so I’m staying at going in with 7.5 till I see the change few times I guess. But yes, I had to us ph up when I checked ph with nutes and I think this did damage & added to me not knowing I had to calibrate meter often. But how long can I keep this up? Plus, it’s consuming my time too much. :slightly_frowning_face:

@bonnie1 sounds like your getting there.
I have a question, before you started haveing problems when you watered are feed what was your normal run off?
the reason I ask is because when I water are feed at ph 6.5 my run off is 6.5 maybe 6.4 some times but if I see 6.3 I know I’m starting to get a problem.
My run off stays pretty stable does yours . The reason I ask is your still dropping 1.0 . If that’s normal than your ok if not than you may need to keep flushing.

Yeah Bonnie it can get time consuming when you
Have multiple plants but the good thing is it gets easier with time because you know what to look for.
Your next grow will be easier, monitoring your PH from the start makes your entire grow easier and solves a lot of issues that would have come up otherwise.
Your almost on the home stretch :+1:

I’m only flushing with ph water, you know that right? Here’s the problem… I wasn’t doing runoff cause I wasn’t using nutes, cause of nute burn, just been a problem…and was told don’t bother with runoff if not using nutes. When I watered my ph 6.8 cause that’s what bob31 told me to do. Now I do it at 6.5, cause everyone’s saying it should be 6.5, that’s another factor, if it matters that much to not deviate from 6.5. Now I always do 6.5. But I’m sure it’s effed up. Two girls just came out at 5.8 not good enough… have a luncheon tomorrow, I’ll stop and get the flush, I’m just buying one kind… reeeaally don’t want to start another time consuming flush and then ph crap runoff all over again, I’m really stressing today cause I have other things that I must get done, and I can’t keep doing this all day long, so :-1::slightly_frowning_face: I’m giving up for today

The only problem I can see is if you’re flushing it you need to be feeding her nutrients because whenever you flush it she is starving anytime I’ve done a flush I give her for nutrient afterwords like do you want to quarter plate Or a full plate of food when you’re hungry

1 Like

It’s only ph water, going in at 7.5 to get 6.5 runoff, some came up to 6.0 and some 5.8. I’m so confused that if I give nutrients what the hell will happen to the ph. I’m just watering and checking runoff but I can’t keep this up. I have company coming and the crunch is on for me to get everything ready and plants should be all set on 12/12 like I planned, now all this… and I really don’t know what I’m doing with another flush from hydro store, I don’t want to do it. I want to get this straight before plowing anything else into the girls, so what should I do. I’m getting a lot of advice and I need it but can’t decide what to do. Right now they are watered, I’ll keep at it I guess, just try to get ph right.

You do what you feel is right you got this

I know thanks but ph still not right and I’m tired now, they are all watered till next time :grimacing: I don’t want to start a flush at this point and I’ve never done it. I think I’ll just add very little big bloom and tiger bloom after I get it straight, if I do, idn :woman_shrugging: