Easter Babies/Big Bud & Family 1st Grow

I always check the ph every time and calibrate it every few weeks. I bought a big bottle of 7.01 buffer solution. I’m on it… just was using cal mag (only twice) will stop, but will continue big bloom and tiger bloom. Thanks for your help, I’ll take pic as soon as I can :grimacing:

3 Likes

Sounds great :+1:

@bonnie1 If you still want to put a net up can you use a turkey baster to suck runoff and shoot that into a glass that your pH meter will fit in?

1 Like

Hey @barry1 thanks a lot that’s a great idea why didn’t I think of that, lol. I want to put the net up but it’s hard cause I have to get inside the tent and it’s getting harder and girls are getting big. Big Bud took gallon of water and I still didn’t get runoff, waiting for it to settle & go back to get reading when I turn off lights… my timer broke :joy::-1: the 2 girls toward back of tent are harder to water cause big Bud is in front taking up a lot of room. I see little white buds coming now, I’m excited :blush: thanks for your advice

3 Likes

@Rugar89 … well ph is off on big bud, have to increase ph… was 5.5 and I’m checking all the girls again. I didn’t want to tell you, in case I looked so stupid, if this is wrong but I added some ffof on top of plants roots cause they had roots growing out of top a little. That’s the soil I use. Must’ve thrown ph off? I’ll get the ph right and just keep checking runoff forever I guess, but it’s hard. :sweat:

1 Like

@bonnie1 I hate to but in but if your watering a ph 6.5 and your run off is 5.5 I would start to flush for a few days and see if that helps get you back on track.

What do I get to flush? How do I do that? I did read to do it last 2 wks of flower I think. Just haven’t gotten that far yet. I’m going to try one more time to get things back to normal and checking all the girls again. This will take time for big tent but small tent might be ready for water tomorrow. It’s weird to have different ph on some and right on 6.5 for others. I know what I have to do and I have to keep at it like a parole officer :policeman: like you said, lol. Might take time but I’ll get back to you. Let me check other tent and let big bud dry out, she took a lot of water to get runoff… I’ll go in at 7.5 to get it to 6.5, thanks again, I’ll be in touch

Fox farm sledge hammer flush they have it on amazon also works great with fox farm boomerang follow direction on feeding chart. Easiest way to straighten out a build up of anything, and helps the plants at the same time.

If you can’t get the flush, just ph water is better than adding more nutes that will just build up and not do any good.
Also if your getting different run offs from different pots with the same soil and same nutes then I would have to say you for sure have a nute lock up and you need to flush.

I really haven’t done a lot of nutes at all… in fact was told to listen and not be afraid of nutes and this was overall nute deficiency and calcium deficiency, when all along it was ph. But now I have my meter calibrated regularly and know how to do runoff and fix ph but I’m not going to do nutes till I see where these 2 plants are. It’s only 2 plants that are different and 1 girl was ok, so I’m just checking all of them for now

1 Like

I’m sorry I may have gotten ahead of myself. And confused you at the same time.
Let me try to start over, a ph problem can cause nute lock out , salt and or nute build up. Witch can lead to many other problems. Please bare with me as I try to explain I’m not the best at communicating threw text. Your plant takes in certain nutes best at a certain ph. That’s why the kinds wide range of 6.0-7.0 depending of your method of growing. I see your useing fox farm trio ok. If you feed at say 6.5 today and 6.4 in a couple days and 6.6 in a couple more days , those swings could cause a problem. I’m not say this is what you did just an example.
I think any swing of .2 or more will cause a problem
After environment ph is the most important thing
O yeah forgot nute lock out could cause nute deficiencies not allowing the plant to receive nutes.
I hope this helps and I don’t confuse you any more I really don’t mean to do it

It is confusing but I understand and really appreciate your advice. I’m going to check the girls under the net cause they’ll be ready for water and work my way to affected plants but not sure I should jump at this. I get a lot of advice and I need and welcome it but I usually jump on everything and run out and buy things and I’m finding out I’m wasting a lot of money and doing things in haste. So I’m sleeping on this and smoking some good weed, tomorrow’s another day, we’ll figure it out, I’m sure I’ll need your help but just can’t think about it tonight…thanks again and I’ll be in touch :grimacing::seedling:

2 Likes

You are right about .2 difference here & there. My meter usually goes right to 6.5 but sometimes skips down to 6.4 then 6.3 then I add little more water and get 6.5. Starting to get turned off, very time consuming. I’m only going to try to get the ph right for now. Shouldn’t be this hard, idn :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I agree it is very time consuming . I have 3 tents going one with just clones , one veg with 2 different feeding schedules and a flowering tent with 2 different and adding the third eather this week or next. But I do in joy it to tell the hole truth O also I’m starting a grow in Coco, now that’s a head ache .
Anyways good luck and stay hi …:alien:

@Rugar89 @Wishingilivedina420state @Hogmaster… Well now I’m exhausted and confused… I had to smoke a bong full, lol :joy:. I’m so sorry, I’m just getting discouraged but I really love it too. I never encountered ph before, just in our pool. Ok so I went in with 6.5 and came out again with 5.5, then I went into next girl at 7.5 and came out 5.5 again!! What do you think of that? That’s my smaller tent with 3 girls with net. I don’t have a small baster right now to get runoff so it’s hard to get back to last girl tied in net. I only see little brown on bottom leaves that could be nute burn but I’m worried and need help, should I flush? I calibrated before I started today.

1 Like

Can you show a picture of what your girls look like I know you’re getting pretty close to harvest aren’t you

Only in flower since July 5th. So I did runoff on last girl in small tent and went in at 7.5 and this time it came out to 6.5, so I’ll just keep working at it but I need to get the other 2 under control, big bud/amnesia haze. I think it’s been ph all along. Sometimes good and sometimes not. Could I lose these plants? Spent 2 hrs doing runoff on 3 plants, Can I take that other pic tomorrow? They are outside in garage and I’m exhausted. Few of those leaves also had nute burn & fell off. Maybe it will show on another leaf but hope not, they’re pretty big but I’ll get them out in the light tomorrow ok? They’ll probably need more water and you can tell me what to do ok?

1 Like

@bonnie1 I had the same problem with my first grow. I bought some recharge that helped but after I harvest I looked at the roots and I think they were root bound. I only had the problem with my biggest plants so how big are your plants and the pots they are in. If they are in big enough pots, maybe you could look into some recharge from Amazon. It helped get my pH back on track after one or two feeds with it. This is just something to look into if all else fails.

@Macadon… oh gosh, that is so nice of you to try to help me and to hear someone had a similar problem. So it is the 2 biggest girls and I noticed that the roots were showing at top, so I added some ffof to all the girls cause they looked low on top and that was after nutes, then watered few days later with ph water and they’re off again but I don’t know if that would do it. So big Bud is in 5 gal and amnesia haze in 3 gal and chocolade in 3 gal. Maybe rootbound, I will look on bottom. These are cloth bags. chocolade needs water already, so later I’ll get runoff. I’ll tag you later and thanks so much :grimacing:

1 Like

@Kapelady… hey what’s up, hope you’re enjoying your summer :sunglasses::herb:just a pic of net, the girls really popping through and getting little white flowers. Having ph problems but I’m on it… trying anyway.

5 Likes