I was having similar issues. I addressed the problems by doing a complete reservoir swap every couple days (a new bucket), retaining the same lid. I cut a shield out of a coffee lid to block light from my air line cutouts in the lid, and surrounded my rooted plant with expanded clay pellets. Been using the GH floratrio, I’m on the 4th week of flower with some nice colas and fat bads (it’s a Mexican Sativa). The complete bucket swap solved my ph problems, and the constant switching of reservoirs took care of the algae situation. I’m running 4 airstones in one bucket. The good news is, I will definitely be in good supply for the holidays!