Durban poison,first time grow

Thanks @Willd my friend, yeah I’m the same, I’ll have to try hard not to give it away to all my brothers I’ll give it to a couple I’m sure and I will definitely sort my son out ,well as long as I can grow it ok that is

1 Like

And you will mate. From what I can tell you’re going to have all you can eat!

2 Likes

Thanks @Willd my friend, I’m enjoying the whole process but I’ve never grown anything before so I don’t want to get anything wrong

Hi Mr @Willd when doing your outdoor grows do you feed them or treat them with anything, or do you leave it all to mother nature

Prior to planting I incorporate aged compost with my tiller. I dig extra large spaces and fill with a mix of soil and promix BX. During veg I apply nitrogen in the form of Alaska fish emulsion using a spihon mixer. If it gets on the leaves so be it. Right when sex starts to show I start applyin General Hydro’s liquid Kool Bloom to boost the number of blooms. After that has been done, I switch to General Hydro’s powdered Kool Bloom. in the week or two before they are prime for harvesting I lay off the nutes & water them lightly one last time. Then I stop watering them and hope it doesn’t rain anymore.

1 Like

Thanks @Willd my friend, I would give you a like but its telling me I have an hour before I can do that, so you feed them a lot more than I thought, I find it strange that the indoor ones get a lot more attention and nutrients so you’d think they would get bigger and have a bigger yields, mother nature is a great thing isn’t it obviously with a lot of help from you Mr @Willd

1 Like

8.5 fills about four 5 gallon buckets just about full. Here’s what’s left from 2015’s harvest.I just hope it all lasts til November. I say Nov because I refuse to give into my impatience and might actually possess the willpower to wait until it’s cured to try it.

Bubba Kush on the left. Sour Diesel on the right. 6 Bubba Kush pushed as much bud as 12 Sour D. The Sour D ripened much sooner and was harvested almost a month ahead of the Kush.
They definitely have 2 distinct flavor profiles. Raw crumbled cured Kush has a sweeter aroma but is noticeably not as potent as the Diesel once you try it. In the Volcano the Kush is a little tastier but more irritating than the D too.

The sour D is my go to. I’ve gifted and donated more Kush than Diesel for sure.

5 Likes

Omg Mr @Willd my friend that looks so good, you must have been so so happy with yourself and the plants, is it the strain that produces a high yield or do other strains that you have tried do as well

2 Likes

Anything I’ve ever grown outside has yielded plenty. My ex and I would only grow 2 little ones because we lived in a residential hood with .2 acre lots. Those did well but not the kinds of yields I achieve with so much more space for them to spread out and develop huge healthy root balls. An Oct harvest would typically last through Easter-ish.

I still have 32 minutes before I can do any likes Mr @Willd but I do appreciate your feedback and help, I really want to try 1 or 2 outside but the Mrs won’t let me she says you can grow as many as you want inside lol , well maybe in the future a,so was it certain strains that you found produced more

You should be watering shortly after lights on never before lights off unless they are wilting over bone dry. Your ladies don’t drink in the dark

2 Likes

Oh okay thanks for that @Donaldj I didn’t realise that ,I thought she liked a nice feed before bed ,that’s the way I was looking at it, thanks I will always listen to the voice of experience, so would you be feeding her anything different at this stage for more bud production or bigger fuller buds, or just keep doing what I’m doing just feeding her when the lights come on and not when I’m switching them off

Don’t you get tired of the same strain? Meaning it loosss its effects?

@darren can’t you remove some top soil and slit the stem lower down?

Just keep doing what you are doing the only reason I don’t recommend watering before lights off is it bumps humidity without lights to help lower it and can promote mildew and other unfriendly things

1 Like

people have grown for years without stem splitting I am pretty sure a grown done without splitting stem at end will be just fine :wink:

1 Like

That could be an idea @Fever , thanks for that, great suggestion

Yessir @fever. Strain lock.
That’s why I’m going with 12 unique strains this season.

ILGM DownEast 12

1 Like

@darren, they can get bigger and yield more it really also depends on space you have available

3 Likes

Thanks @Majiktoker my friend, I will need to get another tent eventually, I’m in the process of sorting out my spare room for them, but that can all wait until after my durban lady finishes, I’m feeling really bad for @Fever as his were further along than mine and he’s having problems with his, @Fever buddy stick with it, try the coco humus and pearlite like I’m using or see if any of the master growers can advise you something better

1 Like