Drying % before Curing

@SmoknGranny Hey from one granny to another granny, you need to go back and edit your post to John and put @Countryboyjvd1971 on it so he will be tagged. Otherwise he won’t see the post. He gets tagged all over the forum because he’s so popular and helpful.

1 Like

lol I’m so tired today that I thought I was sending it out right. Thanks for letting me know. Hugs :hugs:

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 Thanks for the tag over on bobs blog about your scorg. I ordered a rubberized scorg net for my plants, have 3 seeds soaking in water for it. After reading your comment about ONE is enough, I’m thinking of abandoning the idea this time around. I will have the heater to contend with anyway, maybe I’ll save the scorg idea for an outside project next summer. I have 2 feminized Northern
Lights & 1Chocolope seed sprouting as we speak. Bob said they will all top my 6’3" tent which is why I wanted to try this method.

@Bobbi you can still do it if you need to control hieght it’s not a problem I was just saying you won’t get full benefit from the screen but you will get some benefits you may need a second screen as well a little higher up to hold buds in upright position cause they will out grow the screen faster with more plants less space to tuck them back ?
You could try other methods of training as well
Super cropping help make them bushier
And of course topping and fimming
Or some LST training will also keep them shorter
Bobs not wrong they can get big since they are photos you can veg them as long as you want
My last grow I only vegged them 3 week before I put into flower because of hieght .
With photo seeds you’ll have about the first 30 days I consider sprout/seedling stage give or take a few days
Then I start counting veg weeks I’ll try to switch to flower when my plants get around 24-28 inches tall
Which keeps them around 4-1/2 to 5 feet tall
Photo seeds will almost double in hieght after you switch to flower schedule
FYI @Bobbi

@Countryboyjvd1971 Good morning John, being retired means I’m busier then when I was actually holding down a paying job. I just haven’t had time to look up video’s on super cropping yet but it sounds like the way to go since I have 3 seeds soaking at the moment. You also mentioned fimming and topping, I thought that method was only for the scorg net? Apparently not. Anyway, just wanted to acknowledge your post and thank you again. I’m going to spend the next 30 minutes or so looking up videos on super cropping. You are my plants other friend and mentor! (Besides bob31)

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a great technique to learn @Bobbi and good morning to you
I’ve heard that from many of you retired people lol
It’s all good tho imo
Any way no topping and fimming can be used for any type of grow and will help with hieght control etc
Look up chef derik butts on utube her a lisensed grower out of Canada I watched a bunch of his stuff early on and still follow him on utube
Sometimes the audio is hard to here but he’s got some good videos on super cropping and lollipoping
Have a great weekend I’ll be around but on a limited basis today I have a family BBQ at my house so I’ll be getting busy with that in just a short while

1 Like

Me too :wink: I just harvested my first real attempt and didn’t know about curing before finding this group. I’m so glad I did :sunglasses: (and am finally learning what it means to be patient)

1 Like

Get ready to laugh :joy: but I’m drying stuff in my “toilet” room on open shelves and baskets. Between the a/c & open toilet all seems to be going well :smiley:
Thinking back to Grandpa growing tobacco: slow dry then ‘aging/curing’. Granted that Grandpa had a big airy barn for drying and all I have is a little room I’m trying to apply same techniques.

5 Likes