Drip system how to

Want to do a drip system next year any idas on how to do it and put it together. Photos and step by step would be a big help.
Lets get this growing.
@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @garrigan62

1 Like

Try going to manufacturer websites for companies selling drip systems they are incredibly simple to make and use :wink: eve google images may have some good examples for you

1 Like

@Wolfmankush

This is the one i use. I have had and used for the past 3 years now. Simply awesome. It makes life growing so much easier.
I have this one

https://www.amazon.com/Claber-8053-4-Programs-Automatic-Watering/dp/B000U5YFR4/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1507737032&sr=8-10&keywords=drip+systems?tag=greenrel-20

ACCSORIES

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_4?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=drip+irrigation&sprefix=drip%2Caps%2C161&crid=CUOGTRDJRVXA?tag=greenrel-20

Here is my drip system in use. I hope I have answered your questions

638f1fbb2ec291c03b3da87f7ceab3bc687caf04_1_690x388

d410997101ae055522e3be6cd82cf1859f9c2876_1_281x500

your drip system must be higher than your pots in order to work.

dcf35e8c9d5317ed8f61f5779e62d4ba4db7972a_1_281x500

Will bong7bp

4 Likes

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:
@garrigan62

1 Like

Going to be doing big pots out door

1 Like

Check out drip works @garrigan62

1 Like

@Wolfmankush

I’em telling ya. If your time is tight for what ever reason or your doing a gorilla grow, this is the way to go.
My self making my own soil and not having to use nutrients, well only the last 4 wks of flower
i do. So i water using my drip system and only check in on my grow about every 3rd or 4th day. Makes life growing so much easier.

Will

2 Likes

I want to do a soil that will last me all the way to harvest mybe some Supplements & Additives along the way @garrigan62

@Wolfmankush

How about I forward my recipe to ya. How would that be ?

Will

Right on that be grate @garrigan62

@Wolfmankush

Here ya go Sir:

Soil LESS Mix

Mixing ammounts will veary dependeds on how much you make. read instructions on each package for amounts.

1.) Pro Mix BX

Then add-----

2.) ( Mexican Bat Guano )

(10-2-1) This type of guano is very high nitrogen. This makes it perfect for the vegetative stages of growth. Even when the plant is young it can be fed a dilute mixture if the soil happens to contain very little nutrients. This type of guano can be used throughout the vegetative stage of growth.

( PLEASA NOTE )

( Jamaican Bat Guano (1-10-0.2) This type of bat guano is high in phosphorus. It is perfect for the early-mid flowering cycle once females are well established. )

3.) WORM CASTINGS

(because this stuff is so nutritious, the more the better).

Worm poop is gardening gold. Properly known as “worm casts”, what worms leave behind is actually
vital to the soil food web and is one of the key substances to maintaining healthy, nutrient-dense
soil for your plants. To quote fromSustainable World Radio:

“Research has shown that fresh earthworm casts are five times richer in available nitrogen,
seven times richer in available phosphates, and 11 times richer in available potash than the
surrounding upper six inches of soil. […]

Plant roots often seek out available earthworm casts. They follow the worm Burroughs and feed
on the nutrients in the available vicinity even if it means that the roots have to grow upward.”

While growers often spend a significant chunk of change on fertilizers throughout the grow cycle,
adding worm castings to your soil inundates them with the vital, natural nutrients they most desire.

4.) BONE MEAL

This additive is a nice way to get some additional phosphorous and calcium to your plants. An abundance of phosphorus
is especially important once your plant has reached flowering phase. To again draw from Gardening Know How:

“Using bone meal will help your flowering plants, like roses or bulbs, grow bigger and more plentiful flowers.”

As a flowering herb, the added phosphorus from bone meal helps your plant produce buds that are nice and big.

5.) BLOOD MEAL

Blood meal is yet another source of nitrogen. It’s also not vegan/vegetarian-friendly.
Blood meal is made from the dried blood of slaughtered animals, most predominantly cows.
Though the idea behind the fertilizer is a little unpleasant, its well-known natural gardening product.
Because it’s so nitrogen lush, it will help produce extensive growth during the vegetative phase.

6.) FISH MEAL

7.) Kelp and/or humid acid

Marijuana growers are very smart gardeners. There are a lot of things that growers do to increase
their yields that actually helping to build healthy soil microbiology. Adding kelp meal and humic
acids are some of these tasks. Both of these natural products are fungal foods. The interaction
between your plants roots and soil fungus helps the plant produce the nutrients it needs to thrive.

Kelp also adds a significant amount of potassium and copper to your soil mix.

8.) Epsom salt

A lot of people use Epsom salt to increase magnesium in their soil. As mentioned earlier,
you want to be careful not to add too much. You don’t want to over do it with the magnesium.
However, if your plant is showing signs of a magnesium deficiency, this is a very quick and
easy way to add some back in. Magnesium iscrucial to the absorption of other key nutrients,
like nitrogen and phosphorous.

All about microbes

Subcool’s soil mixture is definitely a good one. As is probably obvious by the various additives
in this recipe, this soil is extremely nutrient-rich. It’s chuck full of natural fertilizers and
makes it easy on the plant to have its favorite nutrients right at its root tips, so to speak.
Many of the extra or leftover additives can then be diluted with water and sprayed on during
the grow cycle as fertilizer.

If there’s one downfall to this recipe, it’s that it relies heavily on organic additives over
encouraging microorganism growth. In a plant’s natural environment, they get vital nutrients
from synergistic interactions between the plant and other organisms in its ecosystem. Plants
photosynthesize sunlight into sugars, and these sugars are in turn secreted by the roots. This
is a much more consciousprocess than commonly believed.

A plant can make an extremely wide variety of sugars and secrete them to attract specific types
of bacteria and microorganisms to its roots. These bacteria then eat these sugars, called exudates.
Through the bacterial metabolic process, essential nutrients like nitrogen are created for the plant
to use. Yet, nitrogen isn’t the only nutrient created through this process. This is how much-needed
vitamins and trace minerals make it into your plant.

9.) Dolomite lime

Recommended amount: 1 cup

Dolomite lime adds calcium and magnesium to your soil. Like rock phosphate, dolomite is also
a kind of mineral rock. It’s used to counteract mineral leaching. It also helps keep the
soil from becoming too acidic. Be careful not to add too much, though. It has high calcium
to magnesium ratio, and you may risk adding too much magnesium to your plants.

Azomite (trace elements)

Azomite is a brand of trace minerals. It’s mined from volcanic rock and contains over
70 minerals and trace elements. This particular brand is mined in Utah and is used to
re-mineralize soil. The product contains everything from gold, silver, and selenium
to potassium, choline, copper and calcium. Adding a few trace elements into your
increases the diversity of nutrients available to your plantss.

10.)

Marijuana growers are very smart gardeners. There are a lot of things that growers do to increase
their yields that actually helping to build healthy soil microbiology. Adding kelp meal and humic
acids are some of these tasks. Both of these natural products are fungal foods. The interaction
between your plants roots and soil fungus helps the plant produce the nutrients it needs to thrive.

Kelp also adds a significant amount of potassium and copper to your soil mix.

Will thumb

4 Likes

Nice recipe does it require a cook time like Sub Cool? for mixture to blend and organisms to break down nutrients some? Also would you suggest layering so roots work their way into hotter zone as they reach peak times?

Thanks Will just trying to cover bases and questions :slight_smile:

@Donaldj

No cook time involved. But i do layer my ingredients into a 5 gal. cloth pot. I’ll post a more detailed mix. And thanks Doanldj I wasn’t thinking about how I did my mix I just do it for my grows.

Will

:revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::+1::+1::+1::+1::grin::grin: thanks alot foe the help

@Wolfmankush

no problem, just glad to help
by the way you can use the worm castings with you seedlings and or clones they love the stuff

Will

1 Like

4 Likes

Thi maybe a blue thi skunk…oregon soil no bloom or PK booster…some home made organic soil as a top driessing @garrigan62 @bob31

3 Likes

So i want to do 2 tanks one for water and one for tee/additives …want to use one pump and one drip system.just trying to figure out to do it all

I apologize for bringing a thread back from the dead, but this is the most recent thread I could find that discussed this irrigation system. I might have to leave town next week for 5 days and am considering ordering one today with 2-day shipping so I have time to set it up. @garrigan62 are you still using this system and do you still like it? Do you have any tips for someone that needs to set it up in a hurry and won’t have a lot of time to tune it in? This will be for 3 plants in 3 gallon pots, all about 35 days old and 5-7 inches tall.
Thanks for any advice you can provide!

Hey there how ya doing and Welcome to our world og growing here at ILGM

Oh ya that drip system is awesome and a life saver. It can water up to 20 plants but in your case no problems at all. I think it comes with a 9 volt battery can’t tell you for sure but there really isn’t anything i can tell you it’s so easy to set up. Just make sure it’s up higher than your plants thats it and make sure you get all the air out of the hose thats about it. You’ll be good to go.
Let me know if anything comes up.

B Safe
Will