DownEast HIGHBUSH 2018

There really coming along @Willd thanks for sharing I have never grown outside so thank you again for your insights to it :v:

1 Like

Look at those stalks already! Jeez might wanna sharpen the stilh or the huskavarna
Witch ever.

3 Likes

yes, thick as a brick stems already!

Sequoias of the east coast?

2 Likes

Busy weekend didn’t spend much time tending to my little chickadees other than showing them off to my peeps.
Some needed water. They all need nutes.
Northern Lights XL is having trouble growing a top or something. There is no seed shell on it or anything.

A couple of local shops carry Alaska fertilizer but they want an arm and a leg for it. I like to support local businesses (local for me is about 20 miles away)and all but not at 30-50% mark up. WalMart takes it off the shelf in winter so I ordered it online for delivery on the 11th. As of Saturday, tracking showed that it hadn’t moved from Portland, ME since 02/11, so I called WalMart customer service and they are replacing it.
So I have to assume it was “damaged” in shipping. Damaged bottles of fish emulsion is not something anyone wants to deliver, let alone receive.

17 Likes

looks as if the round leafs are stuck together @Willd
surgery my be needed to open her up…lol
is DR.detroit in the house?

5 Likes

Looking good buddy
Cant wait fir the warm weather so you can get them outdoors

3 Likes

I’ll give her one more day then I’ll make a small slit to try to help her along.

6 Likes

ohh,so the dr. is in!! arrrrr!
https://youtu.be/tmgbbT_Eruc

2 Likes

Random shots. I performed surgery on Northern lights XL this morning. I’ll just have to keep an eye on it

17 Likes

we’re pulling for her @Willd

2 Likes

Looking great so far @Willd!

2 Likes

Green thumbs or what?!?

Nice seedlings ya got there Mister. @Willd

3 Likes

Well between the first traded seed that arrived pulverized and it’s replacement not making it through Wednesdays surgery, it appears Northern Lights XL just isn’t in the cards this grow. The GSC and Fresh Candy I received as consolation for the pulverized one more than make up for it so it’s all good!
I had intended to double up on the Purple Haze anyway.

11 Likes

So just putting this out there for locals and others interested in protecting non-GMO heirloom seeds from disappearing at the hands of Monsanto and Big-Ag
MOFGA holds their annual vegetable seed and tree produce scion exchange on March 25th this year.
If you don’t know what MOFGA is it’s Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Asssociation. Search the Internet for more details

The masses have been appropriately conditioned to say “Google it” but I refuse to voluntarily submit myself to such an invasive data mining app that blatantly tracks individual’s browsing and search history to build a better filter bubble and create a more divisive existence for all. Google and Amazon have become so ingrained in American society few even consider to question the motives (shareholder profit) and unknowingly fall victim to “pre-screened-content” that suits their preferences.

I use duckduckgo as my internet search engine because they DON’T track your browsing or search history.
I strongly advise anyone who values an open internet and their privacy to switch the search engine default in their browser to duckduckgo.
You’ll be amazed to find there may actually be more than 2 sides or viewpoints to every story

14 Likes

I use ixquick because I agree with you!

3 Likes

I use Duck Duck Go because of this exact reason.

3 Likes

oooh gonna check this out :slight_smile:

1 Like

dang,that sucks…
but as we say down here’‘‘that’s water over the bridge!’’ lol
we are seriously are getting pounded by rain!!

5 Likes

Batten down the hatches @BIGE and ready the pontoons if need be.
Cold up here this morning but the skunks are out foraging so, on the down side!!
Snow tonight, 50 tomorrow, snow Sunday…

4 Likes

I’ll be checking ixquick out as well. Thanks for the hot lead @Screwauger
(pronounced leed)
Hot lead (pronounced led) comes from a smoking gun
I had originally used the word tip instead…
I’m going to stop right there. Trying to turn crass into class ain’t gonna happen!

6 Likes