Donald's Super Skunk Seed starting

Why do you put your seedlings under a powerful light? It’s not a waste?

2 Likes

Not really a waste since I have the light running for heat in my mother space and this is demonstrating that seedlings don’t need some special area they can be started even in veg space with other plants by simply manipulating distance from light or diffusing with a sheet of paper over dome. A waste would be to run another light in different space and have to warm area for a few seedlings :wink: in the back of picture are 2 White Widow cuttings which will be going into the hydro unit the seedlings are sitting on likely tomorrow or the next day close up pictures are deceptive the space they are in houses 6 mother plants a cloning tray and hydro unit

10 Likes

Ups sorry for that :grin:, I was thinking only to the seedling lol… That explains why :slight_smile:
I also put my baby’s in the same room or if is sunny and warm enough I put them near to a window.

2 Likes

I have ProMix Ultimate Garden Mix 1.54-0.18-0.47 as well as ProMix Ultimate for veggies and herbs 1.04-0.14-0.28. I’m assuming both are too hot for seed starting???

3 Likes

Correct all the soils I checked were o.?? and most under 0.2 the 2 I chose were promix at 0.31-0.12-0.12 and Schultz at 0.08-0.12-0.08
The promix has Myko and the schultz none I couldn’t find perolite or vermiculite at Lowes or Walmart since both have garden area closed however I do know Canadian Tire stocks it year round as does Home hardware both are Canadian stores only I believe :wink:

1 Like

I guess I’m learning after all :grimacing:. I’m in a rural Midwest area and have limited choices locally. And most Garden centers are closed for the winter. But I will keep looking :slightly_smiling_face:. Thanks for doing this post and your answer :hugs:

1 Like

You can start in a peat sand and perolite mix too being reg seeds I will do staged transplants rooter to 4" 4" to 1-3 gal each stage a larger pot. By keeping pots smaller to start far harder to over water :wink:

6 Likes

Good thing bookmarks are still working :+1:. Duly noted!

1 Like

11 Likes

Them are spreading the :sparkling_heart:. Lol you take a very nice picture, perfect timing.

2 Likes

Latewood drew it to my attention that some may be curious about starting seeds in rockwool too so maybe this weekend I will start some Bubblegum beans? If people won’t find that too confusing?

4 Likes

I germinate in rockwool and I would like to see how you do it.

1 Like

I’m open to all ways of starting seeds in different things :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Just update before I go put them in small pots with a mix about 50% soil 25% perolite 25% vericulite was kinda in a rush had 6 plants to water ph on hydro unit to adjust also

11 Likes

Bringing it! I love new beginnings @Donaldj

1 Like

I use a similar mix for seeds.
50% peatmoss
30%vermiculight
20% pearlight

1 Like

I was trying to use cheapo walmart lowes bought mixture which is easily sourced hence the mix all can be picked up at Walmart :wink:
I usually use Promix HP which is already only about 60% peat
Shaking the fuzz out of my hangover frazzled brain damn work party beer went down too easy :stuck_out_tongue:
That’s a good mix @Familyman420

8 Likes

Well sorry for my lack of updates or time on forum this weekend have a teenage house guest and my computer is located in living room where she is sleeping. So no privacy to look at plant pictures and or post any

10 Likes

I have those ingredients :grimacing: I originally bought to make hypertufa planters with. So I just combine them at the ratio 5-3-2 and nothing else? Do you use a paint mixer for the blending? And nothing else to add?
@Donaldj Could I use this recipe and dilute the ProMix I have?

1 Like

I work soil with my hands that way I can pull any laarge bark or wood chunks feel that it is even and airy

4 Likes