DIY True High Pressure Aeroponic System for $300

LMAO Your too funny. I run 2 gallons of RO water trying to keep PH at 5.8 and PPM around 300. The misters are 0.012" brass misters. It does give the desired 5 -50 micron droplets. the seedlings are doing great. One plant is on its first set of leave with a spread of over 2". The roots are growing about a quarter inch a day and are milky white and starting to fishbone

Wow :clap: Well done.

Just an observation cause clearly you have thought this out. You might want to consider placing some 90Ā° elbows at the base of you screen stands to get those poles out to the sides then up for supports give you more room to grow out.

@Astrocreep Those are actually legs that dont even touch the bottom of the root chamber. I built them to support the plants and roots when I take the top off then I can set it tupright on the floor without tipping over

1 Like

Oh I see. Yeah I guess that would be tough once they get bigger. I am currently building 6 small screens to fill my room. Since the plants are not all the same size. Plus I am not tall enough to reach across one giant screen. I realized very quickly that my 6 containers give me very little space to move around in my grow room. I am going to remove one container so I can stand in there and bask in the glory :bow:

Nice setup. I have 12x12 room in the basement Iā€™m working on. Probably a 6x6 flower room and a 6 x 12 veg area and a small sprout area, shelves and a workbench too. lots of work do

4 Likes

Awesome. I mean expensive! But very very cool stuff sir.

@McLovin777Thanks.
If it works it should pay for itself in one grow

Sweet looking set up

Thanks @Tonyb Im doing a grow journal too. Should have pic tomorrow. I dont have a camera so I have to wait till my son comes up with his iPhone to get pics. But they are looking awesome

1 Like

What did you use to bore the holes into the lid of the cooler?

A hole saw. I got mine from harbor freight for $17. It comes in a set with different sizes from 1" to 5"

It doesnt look like this post is used much anymore butā€¦ I recently borrowed am ezcloner and am hooked. I got 18/18, with roots that were biggest ive ever seen. Most of the SS showed roots in 48-72 hrs. Anyways Iā€™ve been pricing parts. Thinking something like 6"-8" white pvc

Can decide what would work better a few rows or a square shape with a light hanging vertical in the middle?
@MAXHeadRoom can you post some more picts? Howā€™s it work? Any suggestions?

1 Like

Sorry for crude drawing. Lol super duper baked an the ideas come faster then my hands can doodle.

1 Like

Are you going to use a cooler or something else?

@dbrn32 @MAXHeadRoom
So Iā€™ve been gathering parts for an aeroponics set up.
Iā€™ve got a pump, line, fittings, and nozzles on the shopping list. Havenā€™t clicked the buy button yet.
Iā€™m at about $160 in parts.

On your particular set up with your pump, what is the approximate pressure while in operation?

I found a pump that does 150psi and does 1.5 gpm. I know this is big, but I want to leave room for expansion. .5 gpm will do 20 something nozzles easily.
I would only be able to do one specific strain in one string of nozzles, and would need a seperate pump pretty much for each strain as they probably would need individual nutrient schedules, or do you think I might be able to get away with it? What are your thoughts on this?

Would it be a good idea to install a fogger in the bottom or is that just overkill?

Is a cooler recommended, or would a plastic tote serve the same purpose?

Thanks @MAXHeadRoom

2 Likes

You need a pump with min. 100psi. I have an Aquatec CDP 8800 that I run on each system. These pumps are very reliable. Iā€™m not sure how many misters(nozzles) you can run off one pump, but I have 8 on one unit and 6 on the other. Of course the more misters you run the bigger your pump has to be. A good mister pump combo will be able to produce the 5 to 50 micron droplets that your looking for.

Overkill

A plastic tote will do the same thing as a cooler, but keeping your res temps between 65-70 degrees may be more difficult in a tote.

I hope that helps. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@MAXHeadRoom would recommend the 8 nozzles per plant? Or would you change that?
If so, more or less?
Just figuring gallonage per minute and per nozzle.
Just gathering parts and pieces. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

4 per plant is enough in my experience. The whole idea behind this type of system is to create 5 to 50 micron droplets that attach themselves to the roots and are absorbed by the roots. If your roots are dripping wet after a spraying then it is to much.

1 Like

New here and hope itā€™s ok to post on old threadsā€¦
Great build thread @MAXHeadRoom!!!
You have definitely inspired my ideas about getting started with aeroponics.
Did you ever get any pics? Perhaps you started a new thread?
Sorry for questions, but hope to read some replies!

1 Like

If you click on maxheadroomā€™s profile he journaled his grows. Thereā€™s some learning potential in there.
Unfortunately he doesnā€™t post anymore.
Welcome to the forum @MeChappy!

2 Likes