DIY Rosin Press

Let’s see what we can’t figure out. I’m going to bring over a you tube video and the info from the other topic!

@Laurap @SmoknGranny @AnneBonny ( I new you’d be interested too! )

12 Likes

So I have been researching the best ways to take either bud or kief/ shake whatever you want to call it and turn it into Vape Juice.

I haven’t found one exact video that does everything but I think I have found two or three videos that get us close.

Their are a lot of ideas and options posted above by @Hogmaster

Here is a video that shows how to turn shake or kief into wax or dabs. You can then add the wax into a Farm to Vape solution or your own mix of PG/VG

What I like.

He uses Shake/ Kief… whatever you want to call it.

He uses a flat iron that has a nice wide 2 inch ceramic heating element

Coffee filter and Parchment paper

Pressed in a vice.

What I don’t like

I don’t have a vice. I’m going to use something else…

I don’t really have any shake, and I will be using bud or turning it into kief with a pollen shaker

Questions I have

If you use the shaker do you still need to screen it?

8 Likes

So on this post

I was going to post a video of a guy using a hair straightener and a quick grip clamp but now I can’t find it…

Here is the shopping list for pressing wax to make into vape juice. At this stage we are just pressing into wax.

list for making wax

hair straightener

Irwin 140 pound quick grip

100 tea bags

Dab tools

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H1G4UVK/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?tag=greenrel-20

Parchment Paper

When I get all of this stuff, I will update the thread as I make the wax.

Once you get the wax made you will need one of these two options.

Using “The Potion”

or Farm To Vape

Both of these companies list their websites on their video pages. I’m sure there are many other options, but these two are the easiest I have found besides mixing it up myself!

For the first run through I would recommend buying one of these kits. I already have Farm to Vape so I will be going with that when I make mine!

From the Farm to Vape Website on using wax to make ejuice or vape juice

The Farm to Vape Kit was the first wax to e-juice kit on the market introduced in August 2014. We were frustrated with the wax vape pens on the market as they always leaked the wax out if they were not in an upright position. This made for many sticky messes in backpacks and car doors with the worst timing of course. We thought there has to be a better way, what if we could turn wax into e liquid? Thus the idea was born. We designed our wax to ejuice kit to work with all waxes and other herbal concentrates. In our early experiments, we bought a homogenizer to try and break down the cell walls of the wax in an attempt to blend with a PG / VG solution. It separated. This wax to ejuice method using traditional nicotine style substrates of PG and VG didn’t work for us even using a $700 homogenizer, something the average consumer can’t necessarily use. Then we did more experiments with PEGs, and quickly learned there are a lot of different molecular weights and grades (medical, industrial) from suppliers as there are for PG and VG. We researched the molecular weight of the active ingredient in wax so we could make a wax to e juice kit that anyone could use. Thus our proprietary formula of PEG 300 and PEG 400 in our wax to e juice kit was created. We also researched the different freezing points and viscosities to create the most stable blend that won’t separate from wax once the wax has been liquified. We then sourced medical grade PEGs from an ISO9001 company and had them bottled in an ISO9001 clean room facility to ensure the utmost quality in our Farm to Vape Thinner line of products.

We also wanted our wax to ejuice kit to be simple and discrete, no syringes or shot glasses. We decided a boilable dropper bottle was the way to go. It took a lot of searching to find the right supplier, as most of the caps are made from an inferior plastic that comes off the bottle during boiling. We couldn’t allow this to happen with our wax to ejuice kit. After about two dozen different dropper bottles, we finally found the right type of plastic cap that was made in the USA. This boilable glass dropper bottle is key to mixing wax into e juice discretely and efficiently with minimal waste. The user can add a 1/4 gram of wax to the dropper bottle, and add 3/4 gram of Farm to Vape Thinner and boil the bottle in water for three minutes. This makes 1ml to fill one cartridge. The dropper top in the Farm to Vape wax to ejuice kit can fill any vape cartridge or vape pen. A lot of people use it to drip onto an RDA. The electronics world seems to change by the week, so it’s difficult to recommend a cartridge or vape tank.

Check out our Farm to Vape Kit and turn your wax to e juice today!

9 Likes

Other you Tube Videos

This guy gets the creativity award

6 Likes

A couple of things: it was recommended to use Teflon paper instead of parchment. Less adhesion issues and reusable.

A C clamp would have more leverage.

4 Likes

can you post a link for teflon paper?

4 Likes

that’s simple enough @bob31!
thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

Thanks, starting homework

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072HY3R22?tag=greenrel-20

Whaddaya know, it worked haha! And right after a big twist of Sour Diesel too! @bob31

9 Likes

My thought was to base a press off of a Harbor Freight bearing press, use a couple of 3/4" thick plates of aluminum and pre heat the plates. That baby has 10 tons behind it.

4 Likes

Awesome @bob31. Thanks for the tag. I’m following.

2 Likes

Hair straighteners are cheap at Wally World revlon 3 heat setting under 20$

3 Likes

My understanding is that more pressure will allow you to be successful with less heat. Less heat leads to higher yield and higher quality product. Any truth to that?

I’m slightly disappointed this doesn’t involve a harbor freight press lol.

6 Likes

@dbrn32 im watching that video as we speak loll

2 Likes

Out of likes for 18 minutes, but we must be over achievers haha!

There’s not a doubt in my mind that one could probably source some small cartridge heaters, thermocouples, and a controller. Then drill out a couple of blocks to mount them. But my hands are full with lights. You got this??? Lmao!

4 Likes

You don’t want to press over 200°

2 Likes

@dbrn32 my gfs brother made one with the hair straightener. But he took the heating plates off and soldered them to some of those hand clamps that I think @bob31 posted earlier. I am looking for the cheaper DIY versions of these hydraulic presses from harbor freight

3 Likes

YouTube greengenes garden I believe. $275 with the press from harbor freight.

I would link it, but he has some links in the video. Doesn’t really surprise me, he is one of the forefathers of diy grow lights. And the owner of pacific light concepts.

2 Likes

Laying the groundwork out here if we have takers?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00PFAX4SU?tag=greenrel-20

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01489R8RG?tag=greenrel-20

5 Likes

my dear sir…do you not cherish the skin on your knuckles? lol
i’d rather use rocks and sticks. @dbrn32

3 Likes