Different leaves

A customer has a question or concerns and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

I ordered 5 purple haze seeds. Only started 2 and both are growing vigorously and are almost ready to flower. My question is, that each plant is different in regards to the fact that one plant has sativa leaves and the other has indica leaves. I am a new grower but that is very strange. Why could this be?

Here are some pics of what I’m talking about

3 Likes

@Bmad1020 every plant carries and expresses its own characteristics this includes hybrids. They both appear pretty equal in appearance to me. I’ve grown hybrid strains that appear indica dominant during veg, but express sativa like structure when in flower. This might happen to you. Both girls look very healthy, and I’m sure will give a fair amount. Welcome to the forum, and happy growing. I hope this answers your question. To notify any of us that you respond just use the @Covertgrower.

7 Likes

I believe it all genetics

Will

2 Likes

Im with garrigan65 on it being genetic

Some strains have many phenotypes, some phenotypes are sooooo different from each other that its called different names…
Examples :
Cannatonic-AcDc
Og Kush - 5 finger Og
And many more…
As long as they stay healthy like that, you are golden :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Thanks for the prompt response @Covertgrower @Ragnar…here they are today…spilt the main stem on the one but taped and gave her a zip tie and the plant is responding well…this being my first grow, do you guys think these girls are ready to flower…my 3100k bulb arrived Today…sativa dominant strain,

they are 20" tall only because I have spread them and tried to keep them flat…what do you guys think

1 Like

This depends on your ceiling restrictions, Sativas usually get pretty tall. @Bmad1020

@Covertgrower I have a 10 foot ceiling in my grow room…my concern is the fact that they are only in 5 gallon pots…can I afford to let them veg longer considering the flower cycle is 60+ days? I don’t want the roots to get locked up

@Bmad1020 10ft is a lot. I’m not sure how long you’ve been vegging for, but usually most people veg for around 2 months. Give or take. So at this moment it’s entirely up to you when to switch them. The catch 22 is hurry up then wait. If you switch too soon, your yield will be impacted. You’ll get a harvest, but not as much as you could if you let them go longer. Again this comes down to personal preference. Hope this answers your question. Happy growing.