Diesel dipped cookies

Thought I’d put up some photos of my DDGSC in flower. I need to take some natural light photos cause it’s getting pretty white and sticky and you can see it that well under the led. This is 40 days from 12/12 switch. I’m also wondering if the size of the buds is about normal for 40 days in. This plant sprouted on march 12th if anyone is curious.

10 Likes

Damn I would love to smell them!! How far are you from Philly lol

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

Lol. I think they smell kind of fruity. I’ve never grown it before, or smoked it actually, so I’m pretty excited to try it!

2 Likes

Really pisses me of that I just found two bananas on the very bottom of the plant, on the tiny popcorn buds…I mean the lowest part of the plant possible. Not even any buds under them… They were really tiny, but I’m sure the pollen blew everywhere, I hope not. I misted everything down and removed them. Maybe I’ll get crazy lucky and only get a couple seeds.:rage:

I also squeezed around a little with tweezers and there weren’t any seeds out of the ones I checked…we’ll see I guess.

2 Likes

that sucks. Hope you got them in time! @Legalinmaine

1 Like

I definitely didn’t…they were open. I’m going to let it finish though, a few weeks away. And it’s still getting fat, it didn’t stop yet. It’s just for me anyway, so I’m not that upset. So much time though. Almost a year now and no all female yet, and I’m on top of the environment. Only thing I do to all of them is LST as far as stress. I’m thinking it’s the seeds. My friend that gave them to me said they were all fem, BUT I think he does it himself. He has been doing it for like 20 years so I would think he knows what he’s doing by now. I don’t know, I have like 200 seeds. Maybe I’ll just start growing outside only so I don’t have the elec bill for nothing.

oh gotcha, well worse case you get some seeds to play with! @Legalinmaine

1 Like

This isn’t my plant but they were at the bottom of tiny popcorn buds like this. Nothing under them. I know, probably doesn’t matter lol…

They weren’t yellow either, more brownish-and dead looking. Maybe cause they were there a while. I just don’t get how I missed them and why there weren’t more, and again, not sure it matters. One can make it all go to seed right? I thought I read somewhere that if it’s only a couple then it might only produce a few random seeds.

technically one could yes. But you will find out. You should be able to see them forming. My guess if you’re gonna have some down low but the top half is gonna be fine. How many did you find? @Legalinmaine

@bob31 I only found two tiny tiny ones. Not like on my sour diesel that had like 50 huge ones…that I neutered and put outside. I haven’t seen any since and the buds are lookin pretty good lol. BUT the natural light is longer too, I figured I couldn’t mess it up any more with it already being a herm…

1 Like

True. Oh ok. Keep us posted! @Legalinmaine

Here’s some natural light photos I took today. Do you think the bud size is about right for 41 days since 12/12 switch? Or do you think hey aren’t that big because it’s starting to make seeds. I don’t know…

Look at the leaf color difference between it and the small plants in veg, pretty cool.

1 Like

They’re 41 days since light switch or from the day the pistils began forming? @Legalinmaine

If I had to guess, your buddy got the seeds from a plant that hermed on him. Seeds from a herm are more likely to herm. Can’t do much about it now. Ride it out and see how it ends up.

2 Likes

It’s since the switch. I think pistils started about a week later, maybe five days.

Update week 7 since the switch…
I hope they start to fatten up in the coming weeks, but even if they don’t get much bigger, it’s starting smell amazing. Getting some purpling now too. In just a couple days since these photos they’ve really started changing.

4 Likes

They look great a lot of sugar on those leaf :leaves:

The 17th marked week 8 from switch. So I started checking trics under the microscope. I check top, middle and lower areas of one branch at time, and few different ones to try and get an even read from throughout the plant. I think that’s what I should be doing…?(First time in flower for me :+1:). I don’t see any amber yet, maybe some cloudy. It’s hard to see with photos but I’ll put a few up anyway. The lighting was making a few of them look light amber but they really aren’t yet.

Also, it’s really started the color shift now- the fan leaves. The buds have been slowly changing for while. BUT It looks as though it’s only drastically changing under the direct light. The shaded part of a leaf is still green… weird. Is that normal? I do have an AC on now full time to assist with the “fall temps”. It’s actually been on for about 2-3 weeks, but just recently I’ve let it get pretty cold. I think around 65 at night… I’d have to check the history on the thermometer. Might be even a little cooler than that. I don’t think i can get it too cold, outdoors it gets pretty damn cold in the fall before harvest. So cold your sometimes worried about frost. Any suggestions for me at this stage in flower?

3 Likes