Defoliation of plants

Will you post some pics in a couple of weeks?. i am just finishing off some Blueberry I put in jars 6 months ago it’s very good. Cloning is my next step. Thanks.

David.

1 Like

If you go to this link you’ll see my Blueberry Clones @david1954
I keep this thread updated daily. How do you like the Blueberry? Because I’ve loved it so far!

You can see the progression of defoliation that I perform.

1 Like

Thanks for the link. sorry to hear about your girl problem I didn’t know that cutting the bottom branches before scrog was called " lollipop " i like to learn something everyday lol.

Thanks.

David.

1 Like

I do this all the time. It has done wonders to smaller plants. But. There is a time of day to do this. Its right before the sun comes up. So the morning dew helps the plant revive

i have 25 years grow . I have almost mastered the art of pruning. And with the right bending and i can bend a plant to grow 4 times denser . I love bending. It works best outdoors.

4 Likes

What is lollipoping?

It’s where all the lower leaves and stems are removed, usually in scrog grows

1 Like

What is a scrog grow. Im and outdoor grower who has been hiding for many years. Sry

There are many threads here on scrog grows with pics and discussions. Search it

1 Like

Thank you i will.

1 Like

@Soilgrowth,

Here’s a list of terms used:

Grow terms and definitions (#'s & A - M)

2 Likes

Hi, I am going to have a go at bending in the next grow.

I have been doing it for 25 years.

It’s technically called “super cropping” @Soilgrowth (and a SCROG is just a net or screen that’s placed over your plant to help train the growth to fill the screen. It’s used in soil and hydro. I have a thread right now on it, look up “SCROG a 2’ plant”)
And I do it too, super crop, with amazing success! It’s so helpful when training your plants to grow an even canopy! Helps with making extremely strong stems as well. Definitely helps with bud production as well. I would recommend it to every weed grower out there. But please, watch some videos on it and get familiar with it completely before attempting to do yourself. It’s easy to snap a branch or break a cola. So use precaution and watch some videos, but I totally recommend you trying it @david1954

1 Like

I usually scrog and I tie the plant to the net so it is all the same height and it works. I downloaded a lot of reading material for this evening and a couple of videos. Thanks for the info.

David.

1 Like

Going back to OP, “Schwazzing”, is a new term that’s a company called “ThreeALight” came up with. It’s an extreme form of defoliation done in flower, and Veg (3 times total).

This company is selling there book by sharking new growers into thinking there’s a master way to grow cannabis; almost magic like. It sells for a whopping $500. Yes, one book = five hundred. Wow

Although they use nice HD pictures, and some of the information in the book is used as a common,
“Extreme Defoliation”, in any sense, goes against any real botany teachings. I would definitely NOT recommend extreme defoliation for any benefit, nor would I recommend buying their book.

7 Likes

@Aquaponic_Dumme for $500. it should have a pop open grow room .LOLOL:sunglasses:
Hammer .

2 Likes

lmao i never…500…you tube is free with all kinds of ways to beat the hell out of your little ones.im not into all that.a little dissaplin training and love🌷corny i know

Hello @david1954,

We definitely have had good results from strategic defoliation. The idea is to induce stress at specific stages of growth while simultaneously supplementing the micronutrients that would otherwise come from the leaves that were removed.

Every strain responds differently to this technique. In our experience, the growth was vigorous and yields were improved. Within a 2 week period, it will look like you didn’t touch the plant.

Hi, Thanks for the info. I have tried a few ways now I lollipop them scrog them for best yield. It works well with Blueberry, Super Silver Haze and White Widow. Tried it with lennon that was not so good.

Thanks.

David. Take care.

they make these plastic C “curves” that you can put on plants stalks makes a beautifull 90 edgre angle ,ect - can get them only in UK. many folks use them for super cropping - it locks the stalk and holds it in- it’s really neat