Decarboxylated CannaCapsules

I do have several books, of which my favorite author is Michael Moore (“Medicinal Plants of the Mountain West” is just one example, though he has written several books). A lot of my information I get online by doing a specific search: “Herbs for anxiety,” Herbs for pain relief," etc. There are a lot of online herb suppliers, Mountain Rose Herbs is one of the more trustworthy companies for quality and integrity. Another great place to go for information and herbal formulas is the Homegrown Herbalist-- this guy is my veterinarian, and grows a lot of his herbs on his own property, or the property of a close friend, and a lot are wildcrafted from our geographical region. He has a blog, which you can get to by looking up the title-- I don’t want to break rules by posting the actual link, so just look up that catchy little title and the world wide web will do the rest, okay? :wink:

Another thing I think is worth mentioning is that not only is there a medicinal plant for almost every ailment, but in every geographical location is a plant counterpart-- for example, back east in the Appalachians, we have golden seal, but out west we have Oregon Graperoot. In the Mojave Desert we have Chapparal, but up further north, we have Escoba de la Vibora (aka “rabbit brush”). And then there are the ones that are easy to grow or transplant anywhere (chamomile, skullcap), or the ones that naturally grow all over the country/world (such as the mints).

5 Likes

@Herbalist @bob31 @Capt_Seeweed , this is the soap bar that my brother has made out of it, @Herbalist is this the type of soap bar you were on about @Willd do you do anything like this with yours

6 Likes

Yep, that’s the type.

1 Like

@darren is it actually soap or is that what you call it? Looks like pressed or hash to me??

3 Likes

it is hash @bob31,that was just his name for it…lol looks like they used a pollen shaker and press.

1 Like

it does look like a little bar of soap and a better “street” word than hash.

@BIGE

3 Likes

had me going too about soap…i was thinking of a good hand cleaner…lol

3 Likes

You lot make me laugh, yeah you could know it as hash, or there are lots of other names for it to, but I would have thought saying it’s the solid form of cannabis, and you burn it crumble it, and then smoke it, it’s what I grew up smoking over here in the UK

we used to call it shake around where I grew up.

1 Like

Actually my wife uses epsom salts and lavender oil in her bath. I was thinking of infusing some bubble bath… Still trying to wrap my brain around it…

1 Like

It was the easiest and most times only smoke we could get, it was called soap bar, rocky, black, gold seal, red seal, hash, hashish, it has loads of different names and types, I hoped we’d have a few on the site who know how to make it

search the forum for “pollen shaker” @darren

1 Like

@bob31 matter of fact I am just finishing some hash from mine. Would not to want to be without one of the shakers.

1 Like

This is an oz of green, decarbonised, ground down and ready for capsulating

this time round it made 90 capsules

6 Likes

Okay I have a daft question why do we need to decarb the plant ( I know the book/blog knowledge why) ? Reason I’m asking is in my mine you end up burning all the thc away and get left with just a dry compound (unusable) , because thc has a lower burning point the what the decarbing is

This isn’t going to be a book answer either lol @Stoneherbal

Decarbing isn’t full burning it is heating the bud up just enough that the inactive -a parts of the MJ become active.

Thca is inactive and THC is the active. If you cook with green MJ it will give you only a slight buzz if at all.

There is a bit of a disagreement if you need to decarb mj that is gonna be cooked anyway.

Hope this helps?

5 Likes

This article US20120046352A1 - Controlled cannabis decarboxylation - Google Patents

lists the boiling temperature of THCa as" 315 degrees F. boiling temperature is preferred, these processes must be kept below the vaporization temperature of 350° F. (176.67° C.) at sea level."

Decarbing in the oven occurs below 240 F…still reading…

4 Likes

The guy I posted the links on was saying he recommended the lower temps previously but said it took too long and he switched to 300 degrees but I forget the time. It was in the video.

3 Likes

In reading, the longer lower temps have a higher rate of conversion to CBN instead of THC…finding the sweet spot can be challenging…too high a temp for too short a time may leave too much THCa not converted.
High Times recommended 110 C for 110 minutes (230 F for 110 minutes).
I have tried 240 F for 60 minutes…and 225 F for 20 minutes then 240 F for 40 minutes…both with good results, couch lock…but now I have to question how much THC was made or was it mostly CBN.

So many variables, it’s not an exact science…especially when prepared with kitchen appliances.

6 Likes

Yeah at some point you either have to try different things or just pick a method and go for it.
CBN are the ones that help you sleep!

2 Likes