Decarboxylated CannaCapsules

Most likely made with a glycerin base…:herb:

next time you and him have a few minutes @darren would you be so kind as to ask him, please?

2 Likes

Are you on about asking my brother how he makes the soap bar @bob31 ?

1 Like

Yes @darren about the soap. I think that is a very interesting topic!

2 Likes

Yeah I should be seeing him tomorrow so no worries I’ll ask him for you brother

2 Likes

I to am very interested in this soap idea… @darren

2 Likes

I think butter would give a more consistently mixed product, the process will add many hours of preparation on top of the hour of decarbing.

capsules can be made in a few hours, one of which is decarbing, I like that convenience.

@kabongster I actually took 2 mild strength the other day and I found the effect to be medicinal, relaxing but not giving me a high. Great for calming nerves.

Soap is pretty easy, though I admit I’ve never actually made it. For bar soap, you use an infused oil (olive or coconut), and add lye, then pour and set.

Glycerin based soaps are liquids (infuse glycerin with your herbs, leaves, flowers, etc.).

You can also buy melt and pour soap base from the craft shop so you don’t have to actually handle lye.

@bob31, @Capt_Seeweed, @darren

For psoriasis: Realizing psoriasis is caused by an autoimmune disorder, there is no cure, but there are a lot of healing herbs that can offer relief and soothing: Mallow, plantain, yarrow, grindelia (gumweed), echinacea, chamomile, sage, rosemary… and a bunch more. Infuse those into oil, then use to make a salve, balm or ointment. I use my homemade salve for my eczema, for scrapes, abrasions, cuts, wounds, and callouses. It’s good stuff.

In addition, taking herbs that are good for autoimmune (liver and kidney support) functions, such as dandelion, burdock, echinacea, etc. may also help to soothe and reduce flares.

4 Likes

I made 77 cannacapsules from about an ounce of sugar leaves…what I would use to make 12 cookies…so 6 1/2 caps = 1 mild cookie…I took 4 & 5 cannacapsules of that strength and was feeling good after an initial rush, I had to sit a while when they hit.

4 Likes

Thanks @Herbalist , is that the soap which makes solid form of cannabis your on about? The type that you would burn and crumble?

Yes, although you could use fan leaves and stems just as well too. Remember, the entire plant has beneficial goodies in it. You could even add other herbs and flowers to the infusion to complement the cannabis. Heck, you could infuse honey, and add herbal infused honey to your soap!

4 Likes

Oh, well definitely good to know, thanks @Herbalist , so what good is my big root? I did wonder if all the branches and the rest were any good for anything

If you dry the roots with the stems then you can grind it up powder fine and use it as flour and it works great ( but if you add the leafs then it tastes a bit green) , I don’t believe in wasting any of my plants

3 Likes

That’s Awesome @darren I’ll be definitely looking into picking that up when I harvest my next batch so I can make some caps too
Thanks for the pics great job showing process looks efficient and worthy of the investment

2 Likes

Is it possible to blend other herbs into edibles to add a bit of energizing effect to them? I am finding that at least with the rice Crispies I made last week, that they offer mild relaxation and pain relief but are very sedative. They would be perfect of I could counteract their sedative qualities with some focusing pep.

3 Likes

@darren ,I have ordered a new bubbly, pipe ,and some spare parts, as broke the dome on the one I really enjoy smoking out of, so new domes and extra nails, and I am counting the days until they get here.

2 Likes

Yep, what @Stoneherbal said. But since you’re not eating soap (I hope not-- unless you need to wash your mouth out with soap, lol), the “green-ness” of the big leaves shouldn’t be an issue.

As an aside, there are many medicinal plants out there in which the roots have the most medicine, so to extract the medicine from roots, it is best to decoct (boil in water for at least 20 minutes) them in water and drink the tea. Otherwise, dry them thoroughly and grind to a powder before trying to infuse in other liquids such as oil, honey, glycerin, vinegar, or alcohol.

3 Likes

There are several uplifting, energizing herbs available: Ginseng, Ephedra (“Mormon Tea”-- this plant is an endangered species, grows extremely slowly, and is only found in the western United States (Utah, Nevada, Idaho, Arizona). Lemon Balm is interesting-- it has a very uplifting scent, but it is recommended for anxiety and stress relief. Rosemary has a high energy too. So do the aromatic mints (spearmint, peppermint).

And yes, there are several herbs that can complement cannabis, either in topicals or in teas, edibles, and even the pipe. There are herbs with sedative, pain relieving properties that can be blended with cannabis to help it stretch a bit further: American Skullcap and Catmint, just to name two. If you add mullein when you are sick with a chest cold or are trying to quit cigarettes, the mullein will help your coughs be more efficient, while the cannabis can help repair the inflammation.

7 Likes

@herbalist excellent info thank you! Is there a book that you recommend that covers recipes such as these?

1 Like