Decarboxylated CannaCapsules

@kabongster @Willd , good morning kind sirs, your ideas on decarbonisation, would that be wrapped in foil and in the oven 200 for 20 mins , and allow to cool then is it a further 240 for 40 mins then cool and grind , I got my capsules this morning so keen to give it a go, good morning everyone, bright and sunny in the UK, have a happy day everyone

2 Likes

hey buddy-
looks close. I do 225°F for 20 min and then take the packet out and let it cool back to room temp. While it’s cooling your oven should be heating up to 240°F. Put the packet back in for another 40 minutes. Allow it to cool completely then grind it up and put in caps. Take 1 and wait about an hour. It doesn’t feel the same as smoking. If you don’t feel anything after 60-90 minutes, try another one. I take two 000 size at a time now.

5 Likes

Thanks Mr @Willd my friend , I’ll keep you updated as I get some ready and let you know

1 Like

Just make sure you decarb it before you eat it. @Hogmaster presses the pucks then puts them in a food safe airtight container in a hot water bath for a set time to accomplish that.

2 Likes

Cool. I stopped taking them so much for a couple of days last week because I wanted to enjoy smoking with friends without getting totally wrecked and let me tell you within a couple of days my cough spasms returned and so did the resulting chronic neck and shoulder pain.

1 Like

Thanks Mr @Willd ,I will definitely be decarbonising it that’s what the cooking does right? I don’t see how what @Hogmaster does would work, is he doing it as well then, that’s good, glad to hear your still doing them daily, I’m really looking forward to good results :wink:

That post I tagged @hogmaster on was for @Countryboyjvd1971 about decarbing pucks of compressed kief not actual buds. It’s all good. I just wish vaping and smoking didn’t cause such post nasal drip. That’s really what triggers the cough spasms not any irritation in my lungs.

3 Likes

thanks for the correction on decarbing @Willd

I’ll make a better effort to bake up some more cannacapsules, this time from small buds for comparison.

hopefully I will always have some on hand for the convenience the capsules offer and the medicinal and psychoactive benefits they afford.

2 Likes

Hi Mr @Willd, I have mine all cooked and ground up, just doing capsules now,just trying the capsules now

Thanks @Willd

1 Like

Hey everyone!
ive been contemplating doing this for a while, made mine today. this is a link to how I did t. took 3 pills. got a nice body high no psychoactive high at all. so far chronic pain is in check. Cannacaps

3 Likes

It’s definitely different, the first 2 were just really light, so then I did another 2 and they kicked in a lot quicker, it’s nice enough and still leaves you capable

2 Likes

cool. it takes some getting used to. I tend to pack mine as full as possible with the tamper and all that and keep filling it 3x

2 Likes

Thanks @Willd
I’m following along here with @kabongster and will try this out for myself in the future when I get current grow finished up
And I will most likely be hitting you up for some advice bro
Also do you have to press it or can you decarb the keef with out pressing ?

I made a new batch of cannacapsules yesterday using small airy buds, packing them tighter in the capsules…ending up with a more potent product.

I took two cannacapsules about 11:00 AM and my day stalled an hour and a half later needing a jump start that never came.

After a break and some lunch, there was this last capsule that was not quite filled from yesterday I had to get rid of and my fate was we sealed.

Tomorrow I’ll go back to my first batch of cannacapsules…I have too much to do I need a less potent product.

Filling the capsules isn’t a problem it’s so simple an activity it can be done quickly watching TV.

This mode of enjoying the benefits of mmj is too easy…decarb as much or little as you want, grind it up and put it in capsules…quicker and simpler than making cannabutter then making cookies.

5 Likes

Woohoo I can’t wait to try this might need to get some capsules soon lol

1 Like

@willd do you do the same decarb method prior to processing into oils/butters?

Hey @Sl1. yes I do. I have a MB2 machine to make the oil and butter so I don’t grind it up before I put it in there.
but if you’re doing it with a crock pot or double boiler or the room temp jar method you’ll want to grind it up really well first.

2 Likes

Thanks @willd yeah I did the grinding in my magic bullet then cooked on low 12 hrs in crockpot with coconut oil, didn’t decarb first and the final result is pretty low quality. :worried:

If you’re cooking it, I don’t think you need to decarb first? What happened to the quality? What were you trying to make? Some of my meds make me a little forgetful, lol