Decarboxylated CannaCapsules

i’ve got some GSC going i would like to do this with…thanks @kabongster

3 Likes

I can’t wait to get mine started are you using an electric grinder for yours , you know as in a food processor as I’m sure that’s what @Willd said he uses so that’s what I was thinking of getting

1 Like

good morning @darren …I used a small hand grinder, the type for marijuana…next batch I will look harder for a powered grinder…while I was hand packing the capsules I saw it would be easier the finer more powdery it could be ground…and power grinding may mix the batch better making it more homogenized, hopefully making each capsule similar in effect to the rest.

This is my little semi scientific survey…every batch I make is different from the previous whether it’s from a different strain or a different level of THC from leaves or small buds or big buds.

3 Likes

Thanks @kabongster good to know, yeah I gotta get myself an electric one, my first is going to be durban poison and my next will be gold leaf, but I definitely think it will get me off my prescription tablets and let the healing begin :wink:

1 Like

have you weighed your pills? i also believe a fine powder would make it easier for the body to break down…i knew a guy who incapsulated mushrooms for severe migrains and he weighed his…he said there was a fine line between getting his head to quit hurting and tripping really hard…lol he pulverized his stuff in a small ceramic bowl and little pulverizer .

2 Likes

The best ways I did mushrooms was to dry them out then to cook them up in a cheese and mushroom flan, knocked me socks off, good though :wink:

1 Like

No, I didn’t weigh the capsules and since I hand packed them, there were discrepancies between them…why I say semi scientific, there are variations between capsules.

Hmmm, @BIGE we have a mortar and pestle…I may try that myself!

2 Likes

i did not know what they called those things…lol

1 Like

The pestle and mortar is supposed to be quite good but if your doing a lot then definitely an electric one is the way to go

1 Like

i’m not a big fan of tripping,doing shrooms, he gave me his dosage one day and it was like taking a hydrocodine almost…maybe a 500-750 mg i felt really good no tripping…lol

1 Like

Oh that was like 20 + years ago now, I wouldn’t do anything like that today, to old for all that now though @BIGE

3 Likes

I tried mushrooms once…and I thought I was gonna die…there were waves of color washing over me and my body did not feel good at their most intense then the wave would fade and I felt high until the next wave and near death experience.

It was 20 years ago…dunno anything about the mushrooms they came from a brother-in-law…I don’t recall how many I ate (probably too many) but it wasn’t pleasant.

3 Likes

meetoo,that was about ten years ago,and like i said i’m not into that stuff…he was in a bad motorcycle wreck and was having bad migrains,dude died a few years later with an anurism.

1 Like

@kabongster & @BIGE , year’s ago when we was kids it was fun but you grow out of all that stuff a :wink:

2 Likes

@kabongster I was thinking do you think you can use a pollen shaker with some choice bud shake and instead of pressing into hash pucks fill capsules???
Then use what is left over in shaker to make butter or something? Your thoughts sir

4 Likes

that sounds like a plan…I am collecting some kief (sometimes spelled keef or kif, refers to the resinous trichomes of cannabis that may accumulate in containers or be sifted from loose, dry cannabis flower with a mesh screen or sieve) and will try it out…that’s the best part of growing my own, I have enough to try this stuff out, something I never considered when I bought it.

I plan on decarboxylating the kief before encapsulating and ingesting…putting in an oven at 225* for 20 minutes, taking out and allowing to cool then back in the oven at 240* for 40 minutes, allow to cool and it’s ready!

4 Likes

Nice sounds like a solid plan
Let me know how it goes brother
I may need to order my own capsules lmfao :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I keep spending $$$$$$ cause of all you guys and your crazy ideas :bulb: lol
Happy growing my brother

5 Likes

edibles have a place, getting the dosage right is the problem…eat too much and it is a bit overwhelming all at once, until you get used to it (if you can)…smoking is a more gradual onset allowing me time to acclimate myself to it and slow or stop at the right point.

I guess I’ll need a at least three types of capsules, a social type, a movie watching type and a sleeping type.

3 Likes

10/4
You’ll have to experiment a little I guess to dial them in to your personal leave but once you do it seems like a nice stealthy way to get medicated
I cant walk around with a big bag of cookies all day lol :joy:

1 Like

it’s a good time to try some more out…the sun is shining and I have yard work…and the temps are comfortable, atm…

time to dig some holes and fill them…I love getting high and doing yard work!

2 Likes