Cutting tops to stop upward growth

I would say two weeks into flower maybe a few days more. Thanks for the link by the way… I was looking at the “Big One” product for helping along flower/buds and it looked pretty close to what I may need, but may be to late in the cycle to use. Will have to go to the grow shop and see which products they have but atleast now I can read up on the Top Crop products before I walk into the store. Thanks again!

the reason some products like big one awesome blossom Maxi bloom Kool bloom etc. are used is the spike in pk increases roots and vascular structure in your plants improving nutrient mobility.
Since your plant has a natural end time which was started once flowering began it has seperate stages in flower stretch blossom fruit ripen each one gives has differing nutrient needs if you miss a window you move to the next :wink: You are growing outdoors or I would have a sure fire trick for you which few think of

Thanks man!

Well I topped the plant about 4 weeks ago just before the flowering began. It completely halted any growth upward or by width to the naked eye. About 4 days ago it finally started to show a few white hairs here and there, but compared to my other two plants it’s literally 3-4 weeks behind in production. I now have two stems on the top and neither one seems to be doing anything. The color is good, so they do not appear to be dying, but have no white hairs and really don’t appear to be progressing. Is that normal after topping a plant? I should also mention the upper half of the plant has all the larger earlier leaves on it. They all have a great color, but I am wondering if I should prune them off and if so, would that help speed up production to catch up to my other two plants. Thanks for any info! I am thinking of getting Top Bloom or Top Candy by Top Crop company, but wonder if it’s to late to use or will cause nut burn on my leaves. I went to two different grow stores and got two completely different answers and I’ve come to the assumption that neither one of them know what they are doing…

It must have been the stage of growth when you topped caused a major stress, shock…it will grow again, you are seeing that now.

Do not cut any more large leaves unless they are dead or dying. That would only be more stress, slowing her down more.

1 Like

Yeah exactly, over the last 4 or 5 days I have just began to see some hairs pop up here and there. It has definitely bushed out quite a bit more than the two other plants I did not top. So, I’ll leave it be and make sure it is hydrated enough everyday, I was going to ask about trimming off the upper large leaves, but now I definitely will not. I want to use some type of bud enhancement product, but am scared to death that it will burn the plant somehow and overload it on nutrients… I guess this time patience wins the game! As always thanks for the advice!

The guy who owns the hydroponic store near me doesn’t even like to transplant lol

I would not risk cutting it during the flowering stage can cause a lot of damage to the marijuana plant