Curse of Oak Island/ Last Alaskans/ Alaska The Last Frontier/ Homestead Rescue/ Maine Cabin Masters/ Live Free or Die!/ Life Below Zero/ Blue Planet/ Port Protection

Liked that one where they all lived in houseboats too.

Yes I seen it. Was that Ice lake rebels?

1 Like

@Hunter00 is that one still on? I do remember that one

It’s not cancelled or renewed is the status

@bob31 @Screwauger
There was one called Sons of Winter ever see it

no, I don’t remember that one @Hunter00

What about Alaska, The Last Frontier? Forgot about the Kilcher’s… @GreenThunder

1 Like

Just found Port Protection will be back on February 1, 2018 at 10pm Eastern on Nat Geo

3 Likes

@bob31
That is a beautiful place. Glad it’s coming back on

3 Likes

I may or may not have seen some of the people from port protection in town… it’s a good show though. Some of the challenges they face in the show, like shortage of supplies when we go to fix things, it’s a waiting game. @Hunter00

4 Likes

its an interesting show. @Covertgrower I would have been a good Alaskan in my younger years. I’m more of a Florida guy now!

5 Likes

You could still make it @bob31! There’s a guy in town, that literally lives in the woods. He comes into town about every 4-6 months to get random supplies. Usually comes by boat he paddles. He’s fun guy, and always a pleasure to converse with him. The Alaskan characters that come through towns sometimes. Then of course there’s the options of living in town, and just doing some hiking on occasion and then sleeping in a warm bed after a days hike. We have room… there’s no hurricanes or tornadoes. Haha. Just an occasional quake. :wink:

2 Likes

I haven’t seen this one. I see another comment saying it’s starting back up next month so I’ll check it out. I’ll give my review later (if I remember) :wink:

3 Likes

Haven’t seen this one either :disappointed: I don’t think living in Alaska creates the kind of intrigue these shows appeal to. Maybe we take it for granted? I try not to do that… generally do realize I live I the most beautiful place on earth :sunglasses: Having said that, I do admit I don’t get out and enjoy it nearly enough, and I’ve not seen or visited a great majority of the state.

Edit: there was one a couple years ago called “Ultimate Survival Alaska” where teams were dropped in remote areas and raced to a destination. Iditarod winner Dallas Seavey competed one year. It was a decently entertaining show, folks learning to survive and navigate in harsh conditions.

2 Likes

In your defense, our state is the largest of any state in the U.S. (sorry @TxGrowman) you could spend years traveling and never see all of it. I try and get out as often as I can especially in summer to see as much as I can.
As for “Alaska the last frontier” show, I enjoy that show, and often nudge Mrs. Covertgrower and tell her we should do that. She asked “Would there be internet?” Lmao. I told her no, but maybe I could make an exception and get satellite internet runing off of solar. @GreenThunder @bob31

5 Likes

If you cut Alaska in half then Texas would be the 3rd largest state :sunglasses: :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Yes @GreenThunder I watched ULTIMATE survival . Now Marty does another show called homestead rescue . Yes I would imagine that you are not as interested in these shows as the lower 48 is. Maybe it’s the outdoorsman of us that wants to live there and the unmatched beauty.
@Covertgrower

4 Likes

Ive watched tbe homestead rescue with Marty
So of tbose people have me confused tho
How do you head out to home stead with out the proper preparation and planning???
Frim what ive seen most of them wouldn’t have survived a season with out his help @Hunter00

4 Likes

Yes I agree. You shake your head saying you’ve got to be kidding me .

1 Like

Hahahaa exactly man I understand its new to tou and all but imo thats even more of a reason to do dome research hahahha
Have a great day @Hunter00

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 what about the ones that don’t know how to hunt or shot a gun.

2 Likes