Cooling tube: what do I do?

Have a cooling tube coming Friday. Have to be an Eskimo be in same room as tent to keep temps under 79°. Have two fans inside tent with a duct fan 6" 260cfm on bottom blowing in cool air.
Is it best blow the cool air thru the tube or draw the cool thru it? Seems like if I draw thru would be better? Also will a 260 cfm fan be enough or do I need a 440cfm? What do y’all think?

I’m still waiting on the big brown truck but when I get all my parts I’ll be have two 600 watt I Power HIDs. Each with its own 450cfm variable speed fan set up to draw through the hoods and exhaust to the outside

1 Like

@Laurap I’m guessing pull thru but let me tag the HVAC guru @Countryboyjvd1971

3 Likes

So far three counting me vote for draw and @Countryboyjvd1971 I bug you so much I was gonna give you a break from me but Bob brought you I’m so what’s your vote?

Good luck with brown truck, what fun you’re about o have.
Happy growing!

1 Like

There’s another HVAC guy here too but I forget who @Laurap

@Countryboyjvd1971 is in bed hopefully there’s another HVAC guy available to help you this evening @bob31. I know of one or two more HVAC guys on here just can’t remember their names sorry I couldn’t help

Yep for sure he is! Hopefully it can wait to tomorrow @Hogmaster @Laurap ?

2 Likes

Wish I could be of help sorry I’m sure someone will have some info for you before the end of the night hopefully if not I’ll research it myself and find out for you

1 Like

Yeah it doesn’t come until tomorrow so I’ve got the reg reflector still in place.

1 Like

Thanks, as to fan for it think a 260cfm is enough? I’ve got one at bottom of tent and it appears to pull in plenty air

1 Like

@Laurap
How big is your tent?
I set my 3x3x6’ tent up last night. I used two of these.

https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-Inline-Booster-Noise-Grounded/dp/B01C82SZRM?tag=greenrel-20

Exhaust is pulling thru a 6" carbon filter. Using a speed controller on the Intake fan turned down just slightly to create negative pressure. I have TONS of air coming out the exhaust side. Way more then I thought I would have. I don’t have any extra fans set up for air movement in the tent yet, but as is my light is slowly swaying around as are the ends of my light hanger ropes. Temp has been running at 80degs all day with no light on. Temps are going to be a problem for me as well because it was only in the high 80s here today. I’m running a LED light. Enough air flow is not going to be a problem, but getting cooler air entering the tent is.

1 Like

I’ve got a 440 cfm for exhaust, a 260cfm to draw cool into tent and two like desk fans inside. To keep temps down we also had to put a window unit into room set at 69° to keep tent 79°. I’m using HPs so ordered cooling tube for reflector but not exactly sure how to set fan and how many cfms I need.

How big is your tent?
With my 240cfm exhaust fan I’m basically exchanging the air in my 3x3 tent 4 1/2 times a min. So your 440cfm fan would almost double that amount. You might want to put a speed controller on your exhaust fan to slow it down a little if its trying to suck the sides of the tent in because of the weaker intake fan. But you do want a little negative pressure though, (more air leaving the tent, vs air entering) which you do have.

1 Like

It’s 4 X 4 X 72

Hey @Laurap I’m around this morning if you need help I’m at work but I’ll be on and off here today
Your tent is 96 cubic feet so you’ll need a exhaust fan at least moving 100 cfm and that will exchange your air 1 time every min I always recommend getting something larger than what min cfm would be and use a speed controller to dial it in
So the fans that @Rugar89 will work
What did you order anyway I saw you mentioned it would be delivered today ?

2 Likes

So your pulling out air 4 1/2 times a min. I’m thinking you may need a higher CFM intake fan to keep up.
@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 what do you guys think?

2 Likes

Hey John she’s asking about pulling air thru a cooling tube or pushing it thru…

@Countryboyjvd1971

1 Like

I would pull though myself and attach carbon filter with a piece of flex duct if (using one )To intake side of hood
The passive vents should be enough but you may want to have a intake fan justvto force more air into tent so walls don’t suck in to much
If you don’t have a speed controller make sure you open all you flaps on passive intakes

3 Likes

Are you talking about the intake we put in bottom of tent?