Cooking with CBD

Has anyone tried making brownies, butter, cookies, etc. from CBD cannabis? Im wondering if its possible to “eat” high CBD/low THC weed in order to get the therapeutic effects of the CBD without the high of the THC. Seems possible, anyone tried it ?

2 Likes

I haven’t seen anyone here try it with CBD, but have seen CBD edibles when I was in Colorado last, so they are possible…

3 Likes

I just did’nt made a topic on the subject, maybe I will on my next batch…:wink:

Just follow that simple table for decarboxylation before doing your medium (oil, butter, etc.) that will need to be heat too.But remember that both cannabinoids will be present in your medium (oil, butter, etc.) and some psychoactive active effects are possible, it really depend on the level of THC contain in the product you’re going to use and the tolerance to THC of the person…

Then you can follow the instructions to make the medium of your choice according to this link

You can also use cannabis without heating it, that way, you do not have to worry about psychoactive effects since all cannabinoïds stay in their acid form… I do smoothies with fresh or cured buds, in bonus, it had fibers. You can even use a juice extractor to extract juice from fresh plant materials. I did’nt try it but it’s in my bucket list to do it, just need to buy a juice extractor and have fresh materials :wink:

Here’s an article that’s talking about the possible benefit of using “raw” cannabis in your diet.

http://pureanalytics.net/blog/2012/05/09/acidic-versus-activated-cannabinoids-tips-on-how-to-choose-the-therapy-regimen-that-is-right-for-you/

And here’s a “how to” video for juicing…

Hoping that’s gone a help you and your wife, @DieHigh55, and do not forget that dosage is specific to every one and start slow…

~Al :v: :innocent:

3 Likes

So just decarb longer, cool.

2 Likes

If you have a high CBD dominant strain, than yes, but be advise that THC will be present too, since CBD take longer to decarb then THC.

What is the strain you want to use to make cannabutter, @Fever ?

1 Like

Not sure. I’m confused by cbd dominant vs non cbd dominant.

All I have right now is green crack ak47 gold leaf and pure kush

But in seed form I have some or at least 2 high cbd strains like “uphoria” and “medical”

1 Like

Merci beucoup, mon ami! I think I’ll try Cannatonic, seems to be low in THC and high in CBD. So basically, before cooking with it, it has to be decarboxylized according to the chart, right? Maybe you SHOULD start a cooking topic, seems quite a few people are interested. I just started a new crop so it will be a few months before I try this, but now is time to start collecting information. Bon jour!

2 Likes

A strain can be consider as a dominant CBD strain if it has at least a 2:1 ratio in favor of CBD over THC.

Example : 4% CBD : 2% THC. % can differ but always in favor of CBD.

You can find strains that have as high as a 20:1 ratio like AC/DC, Charlotte Web’s and Cannatonic just to name a few… Some are more stable than other to produce that ratio.

You can also find strains that have a 1:1 ratio. Maybe you spell wrong the high CBD strains you have in seeds, but it’s possible they fall in that categorie of 1:1 ratio. Generaly they’re around 5%-6%-7% of both CBD and THC.

Finaly, you have high THC strains. All of the strains you have; green crack, ak47, gold leaf and pure kush fall in that catégorie. They most probably all have more than 15% of THC and under 1% of CBD. If your intention is to make only CBD cannabutter with these, sorry but you are knocking at the wrong door. Even if you decarboxylate them longer to activate the CBD, you’ll still end up with a high THC content in your cannabutter with the full psychoactive effects.

Hoping that’s clarify a little bit your comprehension about CBD dominance , for short that’s mean that strain have more CBD than THC in it.

~Al :v: :innocent:

2 Likes

Yes I have another seedbank seeds that are high in cbd. Just trying to find the priority. I do want to give to people for pain relief. Should I grow one and make tincture?

1 Like

De rien, mon ami :grinning::wink:

Right :+1::ok_hand:

And Cannatonic is a great choice :+1::ok_hand::grinning:

1 Like

I’m not a doctor and I don’t know your patients/customer/poeple needs or situation.

It’s different for each of us. Some react better to vaping, some to topical, some to oral, etc…

Tincture is efficient to some, either by oral , topical or vaping . The action is faster than edibles.

@Fever

Thank you for posting this, I currently have a strain that’s 20:1 and I’m still trying to figure out how to utilize it when it’s ready. Anything to help with migraines. I grew a variety of options. Lol

3 Likes

@Covertgrower Here’s a link to my CH topic where I discuss about my experiences with cannabis and migraines. You’re welcome to take a peak and participate if you want, you’ll find it interesting, I am pretty sure :grinning::innocent:

1 Like

Just ordered a strain call Hidro H1 very low thc 7-10% but cbd is 10-15% . The plane is to make butter useing this strain. So I can make just about anything, :wink:

1 Like

Let us know how a CBD breakfast in the morning goes for you🍳

2 Likes

I sure will, a real wake and bake

2 Likes