Confused as to what could be happening

Could these issues be avoided if I just ph the water before I feed the plant

1 Like

Yes and no sometimes you cant help it these issue can happen however the more you do to lessen the chances of alot of issue. However there are other things that you have no control over thats why its good to control as much as you can when you can. Thats why its always good to check you ph in and the run off every time that way you are less likely to have any problem that comes or is caused by wrong ph growing medium also helps if you get the right one. Really there is so many basic things that if done from start to finish you should either rarely get an issue or you wont get one at all as long as you cover the basics then the rest falls into place as you learn more. Hopefully this rambling has been of some help if any.

1 Like

I use same size of pots but i use atleast 14litres to flush them you really need to check your run off at the begining and at the end. I like to take 3samples to test start middle and the end. P’h 5.8 to 6.0 depending on how high aswell as i have seen and told from various sources that in some severe cases tht need to flushed have even needed to ph 5.0 or lower just to get the ph down quicker to cause less stress to plants but they have years experience and even they can make mistakes. All be it its cause of trying new things etc while growing. Theres also a trick so i have been told to be able to roughly calculate what ph you need to flush with in order to get the right ph level u require. How much of that is true i cant say however it does seem logical that it can be since you can apply mathamatics to everything nearly so why not to this.

It’s a bit if a maze this growing. But its something am determined to get right . And grow for many years . I gave it a feed last night and gave it another liter today it looks a lot better am swaying towards it was under watered cause the ph’d feed I gave last night really perked up the leave something shocking a noticeable bit if growth to which can only be a good thing.

Still a bit confused with the runoff water .if I gave a her ph water of 6.5 and it comes out different . How and why does this happen . And how can it be fixed

2 Likes

@Buddy2 when water runs through the soil, nutrients are deposited/absorbed by the soil. By the some token, the water absorbs chemicals from the soil and there is the possibility of reactions as well. This process causes the pH of the soil and pH of the water to move toward each other. Hi pH water into low pH soil results in run off somewhere in between.

Repeated watering with properly pH adjusted water will gradually bring the soil pH to the correct value of close to 6.5.

Your ph should be a bit different in run off than you put in idealy your ph going should be 6.5 in soil and 5.8 in soiless. But that doesnt mean you will get 6.5 or 5.8 run off all the time myself if my run off is between 6.2 and 6.8 then i dont worry but i will then use a lower ph to bring it down closer to 6.5. but i like it to be 6.4 to 6.6 since some minerals etc are absorbed at different levels of ph. Thts what i do but am new to all this aswell am near the end of my 2nd grow and already planning my 4th one as 3 and 4 may be getting done at the same time. As the 3rd grow is an experiment.

1 Like

Something I like to do is vary my input ph from nominal 5.8 to low end 5.5. This provides a range of available nutrients and takes advantage of the invariable upward drift of ph.

2 Likes

Hi guys quick question I got my ph all sorted out well I thought i did . The plant is looking well. My question is i watered it there now with ph 6.5 and the runoff is 6.1 it drinks 2l every other day so will I wait till then and then gave it ph water if 7.0 and hope it levels out (the next watering is eirh nutes )

1 Like

Just rise it to 6.8 and should be fine…

Is that in couple of days when i water next . And would it be okay till the next feed / watering. 6.1 is low is it not. It’s started to flower real well noticeable difference each day would ph 6.1 have a bad impact on it.

This ia a chart for pH and here you can see what elements are get in the plant at different levels Nutrient_Chart2

1 Like

Dude so sorry @Buddy2
You should tag me when you’re directing a question to me
I just saw your post had no idea you where asking me a question do you still need assistance or did the good folks help you out
I follow over a thousand threads so i sint always see a question unless tagged in

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 lol.no worries your a busy man. Yes got that sorted. But noticed the first leaves on the plant had brown rusty spots on them so i cut them off .but then the Brown rusty spots moved up to the first ture set of leaves. It didn’t really spread so thought nothing of it except that maybe they wherent get rhe light so the plant was killing them off. but noticed the big fan leaves where geting what looks like the start of the brown rusty spots and also noticed that the stem of the fan leaves are red and the bottom are a normal green. also the tips of new leaves are white . . watered the plants yesterday at ph6.49 runoff ph6.34 here some pix to help diganos

Its hard to see the brown rusty spots on the darker fan leaves cauae its only starting but other than the half red stems ,rusty spots funky looking lower leaves its still growing fine . Oh i dont no if this is normall but the main stem is wild smelly if you rub it and then smell your hand

And i found these pic. one is after i water it looks like its on its way out but then the next day it looks fine and the seconed is the first leaves i said about that i took off then it spered to the first set if ture leaves

@Countryboyjvd1971. hi mate i have noticed the brown rusty spots on the higher fan leaves are get worse could it be a phosphorus defish maybe .

How much do you water and how often

I do the lift and if its light then i water so about 2l every 2 days. not much comes out . Just enough for the ph meter to go in to

@Countryboyjvd1971 could the amount of water be the cause of the red stems and brown rusty spot that are causing me issues ?

1 Like

It can cause browning of leave for sure
And the picture shows droopy leaves which os another sign of over watering