Come grow with me by HCG (week 4 and on)

Hahahaha I got kicked out of typing and never did learn how. I’m the two finger variety.

Yes 60 would work too, but if I’m shaving the years , what the heck 50 sounds good…hahahaha

1 Like

@mulegal I can’t even remember 50, that was 20 years ago today Sgt. Pepper…

1 Like

Happy Birthday HCG

2 Likes

I’ve been tangled up in blue for so long that it went over my head at first. And happy BDay. I’d of baked a cake. :slightly_smiling_face:

Wasn’t that a day in the life.

@highcountrygal

You need to get that temp up 54 is getting to boarder line as far as cold go’s.
Follow this link and it will explain what I have said about temps ok ?

7 Likes

@mulegal Not my bday yet, not till Nov. BBBrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

typing takes a lot out of my typing finger.

@garrigan62 Mornin’! Thanks for the article very interesting. At this point I have no way of regulating any temp. The green house is all I have. As I am looking at it this morning it’s all steamy so there should be some warmth. They have been outside and have been acclimating to outside weather. I haven’t gone outside yet it’s still 34’ but I can see some of them still standing. I’ll keep up!

a trick I have used is, have jugs or barrels of water painted black.they will soak up the day time heat, release some of that heat at night.

3 Likes

@patch67 Good mornin’! Now that’s a good idea, except they wouldn’t fit in the green house. The plastic cover keeps it warm. I had to open the little door a bit yesterday to let heat out and air in. I can see them now and all appear to be upright! When it warms up some I will got out and check and see. BBrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

1 Like

Oops, sometimes I get confused easy :laughing:

2 Likes

Glad the girls are all standing up @highcountrygal. I was thinking about them when I saw the cold temps here. I knew you were bracing for it too. Go little greenhouse Go!

2 Likes

@mulegal I have to wait till it warms up a bit to get in there to check them I do see a few leaves kinda droopy. I’ve been out in the sun and already taken of my sweatshirt and am here typing because I came in to put on shorts, when I start working it gets warm. :woman_farmer:t4:

@mulegal I finely found a pic I wanted to show you

Sissy my beautiful Buckskin.
ChickChick the red hen and her adopted daughter Black beauty. ChickChick was a rescue from an egg ranch and had 1/2 of her beak cut off, however this did not phase her she weighted 25 pounds! I adopted them and had them for a couple of years. I miss them!

5 Likes

NICE! Isn’t a buckskin just the prettiest? I bet she was a good girl. And chickens are such happy, industrious little creatures. And they are far from dumb like some people think. Having chickens around is a real joy. They follow their people around and buk, buk, buk. I just gathered up 5 eggs. Two of them still warm. :rooster:

3 Likes

@mulegal I loved her so much, I had to put her down she developed a brain tumor. She was a Sunny Bar Dee granddaughter. Did you ever see the PBS special on Chickens? If not see if you can find it. Just came in after putting the girls in the sun and taking my weekly update pics. So I’ll get those posted but gotta eat first!

1 Like

Sorry you lost her like that. My 30 year old Jessie is my heart. We’ve travelled long and far together and she never let me down. She has a place with me until life is no longer good for her.

Seems every animal I’ve shared my life with has always ben a heartbreak when they go. But we know that’s gonna happen going into it, and the benefits far outweigh the loss in my mind anyway.

5 Likes

@mulegal Amen! Most of my best friends are animals!

2 Likes

@merlin44 @patch67 @Myfriendis410 @mulegal @garrigan62 @Flyr @dogrepairman @Countryboyjvd1971 @Covertgrower and all else.
All seemed to have survived the freeze last night.

This is day 39 of my girls lives. Getting bigger by the day. I will start with todays update then with the next pic last weeks.

13 Likes