Come grow with me by HCG (week 4 and on)

they sell ground anchors you screw into the ground and then attach straps

2 Likes

been having crazy weather here as well. snowed 2 days ago. 70 and t-storms today. but crazy weather is pretty common for illinios

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 No ropes but I am watching and if I have to I can lay a brick over the frame, or it’s so easy to move I can do that. So far so good. I’ll keep on it. :woman_farmer:t4:

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 There you are! I’ve got bricks all along the edges holding down the plastic and so far seems to be working. I could no more put a stake in the ground, it would not be pretty! :woman_farmer:t4:

@patch67 Oh yeah Mother Nature is on the rampage for sure! :woman_farmer:t4:

1 Like

This is why I cannot have nice things like an affordable green house where I live. The wind is just relentless here, always blowing except when it gets way too hot and we need a breeze. Too freakin windy all of the time, this is from down in the valley, unfortunately I am not there :frowning: It’s windier and hotter just 25 miles NW.

A smaller green house would be a great hiding place but might also draw attention as well. Here I am, stuck between a rock and a hard place :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@FreakyDeekie @patch67 @Myfriendis410 @mulegal @Countryboyjvd1971 @garrigan62 @dogrepairman and everyone else. Wow ‘you don’t need a Weatherman to know which way the wind blows’ Who sang this? I know do you?
I am very impressed with the little green house!!! It was really windy and it would blow from the west then the east with some hefty gusts and she stood up and didn’t go anywhere. There was moisture and warmth inside all day. At one point I had to open a flap to let heat out and air in but I sat there so no chance of a problem. Currently it’s 54’ and there is moisture on the sides so I think they will be okay tonight. If it stays breezy it won’t freezy. Dang it’s cold! I did get my plot for my 1/2 barrels for tomatoes done. It got warm in the sun then it would get really cold, nice day for yard work. :wind_face: :woman_farmer:t4:

5 Likes

I know, I know! Were you out there Knocking On Heaven’s Door too @highcountrygal. Happy your tent didn’t blow away on you.

4 Likes

Bob Dylan!! I’m so Subterranean Homesick Blues

3 Likes

Had to edit that, apparently dyslexic today more than usual, only I transpose entire words, not just letters

2 Likes

@AnneBonny YES!

@FreakyDeekie YES!

@FreakyDeekie @AnneBonny If you asked kids today they’d think about Al Roker! I still know the words to most of the songs of our genenration ‘Generation Hip’

1 Like

Iknewthat,Iknewthat,Iknewthat 1967?

Farm Out! about the greenhouse vs wind. Very cold at sunup but Sunny and warm if outa the dang wind later today.

2 Likes

@mulegal YES! I was outside with it all day now if I don’t wake up to popsicle buds! It’s 51’ now.

1 Like

I was thinking about loading some good sized rocks into my cold frame tomorrow and see if they’ll hold the heat through the night, if I also cover the whole thing with a quilt or something. If it seems to work, I may try her out there overnight Wednesday…her first campout!

Pot is getting pretty heavy to haul out andint. I don’t know how you do it HCG! Motivation I guess lol

1 Like

@mulegal Currently I am using 3 gal. pots. In the summer I use the 5 gal and pretty much after their final transplant they stay where I put them unless for some reason I do need to move them. When I make my benches the ht. of my lap is pretty equal to my lap. Last year when I had that 7’ plant I had to lower her bench so here I am with this 7’ plant in my lap, I was so afraid I was going to do something but it was okay. The buckets are easier to handle because they are rigid. So far the only thing I can’t do is mow my lawn and vacuuming is hard.I live alone so I gotta do things albeit not as much as I used to! To me it’s a challenge to figure out a way and I hate when I have something I want done and have to wait on someone to help, I want it done when I want it done. :woman_farmer:t4:

2 Likes

@mulegal the ht of my pot is equal to my lap

“the ht of my pot is equal to my lap” yes I got that. Typing is not our strongest suit hahahaha

yes I live alone to and it’s often just a matter of figuring out a way to get things done alone. I’m usually successful. But things take longer and tire me more than I like. Oh to be 50 again!!!

“Want it done, when I want it done…” Boy Howdy…that’s me

2 Likes

@mulegal Hell I’d go for 60! I failed first year typing twice ‘A quick brown fox…’