Come grow with me by HCG (week 4 and on)

@McB @merlin44 @mulegal @FreakyDeekie @patch67 @Myfriendis410 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Rexx @raustin and all.
It’s very cold today 50’ right now. Too cold to go outside and check on the gals, but, I can see them from my kitchen and all looks well. I get stir crazy when I can’t get outside. Today is an incense, patchouli, Constant Comment tea and doobie kind a day and I hear the kettle whistling and suddenly I step back into another time where life was much simpler and all things mattered but nothing did, carefree and alive. :woman_farmer:t4:

5 Likes

@highcountrygal oh the nubians are my favorites. Fun stuff

Yeah another cold morning but sounds like the cold spell might break soon. Probably wibnters last blast…Come on March!!

2 Likes

oops that right index finger got to dancing…w-i-n-t-e-r

1 Like

Yeah, it’s 57° here now with a breeze. I did go out and bought a HUGE bag of worm castings and a couple of fabric pots. But I’m tucked in now with a bong and Girl Scout Cookies X to put in it haha!

4 Likes

@Myfriendis410 I just twisted one up of my BTY (Better Than Yours) came out of my reverie and ready for my tea! :relaxed: :woman_farmer:t4:

2 Likes
1 Like

@highcountrygal, @Myfriendis410 MMmmmmmmmm, can almost smell it from here. Gotta admit I’m a little bit envious :herb:

1 Like

It was 75° here today! February in NYC, and it was 75!!! I went out with no coat!

3 Likes

@mulegal, @highcountrygal. You ladies might know. Which Goat has that nasty smelling scent gland on it’s head? Long ago, I thought I would impress this girl friend of mine during our high school years by jumping over a fence and showing her how sweet and cute these little goats were. Well everything went as planned until the little goats started becoming a bit friendly and started rubbing their heads on our legs, kind of butting us when it just hit me. The stench was horrendous. I can’t explain the smell other than it was sooo bad it would make you gag if you took too big a wiff. We both looked at each with a startled look and ran back to the truck. How were we going to get back home smelling like that? Well we ended up shucking our pants down to our underwear and drove about 30 miles with no pants on. Luckily I did have a beach towel I loaned her until we made it back to the house. Thank god her parents weren’t home. Talk about a crazy afternoon. By the way, her parents ended up hearing the story about a week later from one of her sisters. She must have told her sister and it got back to her parents. It was a while before they let her go back out with me.

3 Likes

@Flyr Where u been? LMAO The smelly ones are the bucks and have everything attached. What you smell is actually two things one it is a gland on there heads, musk gland and the other is urine. A buck will pee all over himself if around does (females). So you keep them separate. We had a big huge buck that weighed about 300 pounds and he was gross, however, he made us a lot of money from breeding. He was a Grand Champion. The little ones were just playing. Oh and I bet you stunk we had special clothes when handling the breeding bucks.:goat::woman_farmer:t4:

4 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 I need some goats or sheep to keep my dog entertained. I have an Australian sheep dog. Or Blue Heeler with tons of energy. I offen thought some sheep or goats would give him and his brothers something to do. Lol . Weed people must b animal people to. It seems.

1 Like

@highcountrygal girl your a hoot !! I learn something from you everyday. Pretty coo!!! I could definetly go for a warm drink and a fatty myself. It’s been fun hangin here .

1 Like

Beat me to it HCG. I was going to tell him that it was just a big ole smelly Billy Goat…weeeeeeooooooooo…they carry some nasty scent

1 Like

If I ever own the time, dirt, and folding green stuff, I’d love to have an older Arabian mare, purely as a companion (after the donkeys). I’ll never ride again, but I admire those of you who do. I get vertiginous on a short ladder anymore.

1 Like

Nah, Herding dogs can do harm if left loose with stock @Countryboyjvd1971 .

My young Kelpie ripped up my rooster this afternoon. Had to take care of that mess. Deed is done. Not a good afternoon. Next time she so much as looks at a mule or donk here…she’s Gone. I’ve been working hard with her for 3 years and she is beyond hard headed. This was the last straw.

2 Likes

@dogrepairman Due to cancer, a broken hip that didn’t repair I’ll never ride again either. Sad story but that’s a whole new trail ride. I had quarter horses, a Blue blooded Tennessee Walker, and my appendix (quarter x thoroughbred). If I tried to mount I’d fall over to the other side, not pretty!

2 Likes

@mulegal Thanks for saying that I couldn’t respond, we had a neighbors dog tear up some of our show stock. Unfortunately once they get the taste of blood it’s too late, that instinct is triggered. Sorry about your rooster.

1 Like

The whole point of herding dogs is to manage things, not eat them. I’d have zero tolerance for that in a working dog. Pet dog = different story.

1 Like

I’ve fallen off a horse in every way known to mankind, including what you just mentioned. On the bright side, a 180 degree dismount looks and feels way better than getting bucked off and stomped. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@dogrepairman Me too, I’ve landed on my head, without a helmet, so many times I started wearing my helmet, got tossed landed on my head on HARD dirt, had my helmet on I hit so hard they heard my head hit quite a distance away cracked my helmet open and had a very large dent all I felt was like my head was enclosed in Styrofoam. The company replaced my helmet for free. My horse kicked me in the right leg just below my knee, he thought I was another horse) fractured my knee and both sides of my ankle. I’ve been stepped on and every time I got back on. I miss my horse and I miss riding!

1 Like