Clone to flower

Can’t handle going from coach to first class lol

4 Likes

Hi I’m Bob, new to your blog. Learning so much here watching you guys grow. What is the temperature/humidity sensor your using?
Great blog great group of people.
Thanks
Bob

5 Likes

@BobHu this sensor. It works without the gateway and works off of Bluetooth. Gateway optional if you wish to monitor remotely.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AEQ9X9I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_x7IzAbANVZ0Z9?tag=greenrel-20

6 Likes

Thanks, I already found it same place. Ordered 3 of them. @Covertgrower so happy to find such a good group of people.

2 Likes

I love my fabric pots. I read some place that you can use those fabric bags from grocery stores in a pinch.

3 Likes

@BobHu @schmellymely welcome to the forum, if you haven’t already been properly welcomed. Yes, I love my fabric pots also. I imagine you could use the grocery reusable bags in a pinch. It’s made from the same type of material as weed barrier… (haha there’s pun in there somewhere) weed barrier is great at keep plants from taking root. I would think it would do the same for growing, to help air prune the roots etc.

This grow was an experiment to see how big the clone would get if it got roots, and then went to flower asap. You can see there are other plants in the background which is my main clone grow. I can tag all of you over there as well.

5 Likes

yes please tag me. I’m new around here. Have never used a forum like this one… still getting used to it.

3 Likes

@schmellymely I tagged you there, or you can click this link. The notification should be in the upper right.

1 Like

A little update on my clone to flower experiment:

Since I put her in that pot I have alternated watering with plain water and the same nutrient mix I use on her mom. Last run off test (yesterday) after plain water was 500 ppm. She’s just doing her thing. To my untrained eye it looks like most of the sugar leaves that have grown since I decided I should take care of her look pretty healthy. Obviously any fan leaves that are still on her from her early neglect are still lime green/pale. But I should get a nug or two off of her. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That runoff is a little low for flowering, but based on the circumstances she looks pretty good.

1 Like

I agree - but her mom has hated going over 800ppm so I haven’t been sweating it. She will be watered with 1000ppms of goodness tomorrow. I just cracked 800ppm on her mom today for the first time in a long time.

1 Like

Good point, nobody knows better than mama!

I think there’s a little difference in their uptake from hydro, to soiless, to soil. But I haven’t grown in anything other than soil, so I’m not exactly sure. Will be interesting to see how she reacts to a more hearty feeding. Hopefully she gets up on it.

Used my last like on that comment. :slight_smile: The clone has still been a bit of an after thought for me, but I’ll keep an eye on her after I feed her tomorrow and see if I notice any changes.

2 Likes

That would be great. I’d really appreciate if you did. What a great place to learn.

1 Like

Ah geesh, I commented on your journal. Anyways. Same comment applies. Haha @Bogleg

1 Like

@Bogleg @dbrn32

4 Likes

Hi I’m Bob, new to growing. Would you please tag me so we can learn together.
This is such a nice group of people.

1 Like

Munchkin needs to get with it lol. Is that one you had the whole time, or one you got in trade?

That’s the expiremental clone that’s a GSC. The WW clone I revived is growing, but stunted from the transplant a little. I dont know what kind of junk soil it was in, but it has FFOF on the outside of it. It’s light burned, and still recovering. Lol. I’ll get a pic of that when I get home. @dbrn32

Sure @BobHu this is the expiremental clone grow. Straight out of cloning to straight flowering. Unless you’re talking about my other half of my grow… I did tag you there. You’ll have to scroll through your notifications. I can tag you again no worries.

2 Likes

No problem. When I get my first set of seeds going from the website I’ll start a grow journal and make sure to invite you. Thank you. Enjoy your growing. It’s a great website you’ll find there’s so many people that like to help.

3 Likes