Catterpillar Problem

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks.

“Can you please help me out with a Catapillar problem I see that they are eating but I cannot find them there a spray I can use to get rid of I have been plucking them please help”

untitled
Sevin (aka) Sevin dust
I had caterpillars and this is what I use but!!! if your looking for organic this is not the way to go.
it has worked all summer long for my ladies and my tomatoes, e-z to use, spray on in the darker part of the evening (out of the heat of the day) but don’t use about 7-14 before harvest, this is a pesticide and you will have to wash what your wanting to keep before your cure
hope this helps :peace_symbol: :smile:

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/Southern-Triple-Action-Neem-Oil/dp/B0002N5DJS/ref=sr_1_14?tag=greenrel-20

No seven dust, food grade dietametious earth is great. I’d try it first if no results go with need oil .

1 Like

Yes, the DE is like microscopic razor blades they wont crawl across, so if you pick off the ones you see DE should keep more from climbing on.

1 Like

DE is great if you want your plants to look like they have a Coke Habit. I prefer Neem Oil. :crazy_face:

1 Like

I think the idea with DE is to cover the surface of the soil, not put it on the plant. I saw a microscopic pic of it on one site that was selling it… That shit would be like asbestos on your lungs!!!

1 Like

Nope, you cover the leaves of the plant and the soil with it. Problem is then it washes into the soil when you water, so you have to keep reapplying it after each watering. If using DE make SURE it is food safe DE! Its actually safe to eat.

With Neem Oil you spray it on the tops and bottoms of the leaves every 7 to 14 days and that’s it. And it makes the leaves shiny like you just waxed your plant.

1 Like

Yes it’s messy but I apply only after the soil is dampened and as you said it can be eaten. I feel it’s a better fit for me as I apply before I’ve got bugs so very rarely do I have to dust entire plant. If you’ve gotta dust them do it outside plant. Once the walls of tent were sucking in & found bottom vents (retangular ones) were clogged with de.

1 Like