Carrot grow in 14inch depth

I’m making a salad bar. It’s going to have spinach, lettuces asparagus and I want to try Brussels sprouts. I think that they are like hops if I’m not mistaken, so colder area.

I am going to grow tomatoes, Pablano peppers and cilantro… it is part of the compromise with my ol’lady in order for her to never look in the grow tent and buy what I need without questions… I have to keep the fridge stocked with fresh tomatoes and cilantro,…and occasionally other stuff…fair trade in my book,…just chose a bigger tent and an extra light, lol.

3 Likes

Made a discovery about my spinach. One loves the galaxyhydro’s redder light about a foot away from light. You can see how the left is huge and the right is under viparspectra and not as happy.

This spinach does not like LEDs. Got them on the bottom under some plants and it’s now happy.

1 Like

I’m never growing cilantro again you get like one harvest in a very short window and then it bolts and turns to seed

I don’t know if I’m not doing it right I’ve tried cutting it back but nothing seems to work ?

1 Like

Cilantros weird heard certain people’s brains think it tastes like soap. I think it tastes good. I might give it a try in spring.

Never heard the soap thing I like it in all kinds of stuff but I just can’t seem to grow it, if I don’t pick it within 3 days or so it turns into coriander …pretty much

I am just learning up on it… but apparently you chop the entire top third of the plant when you harvest…and you can get a lot of harvests… but yes it will go to seed fairly quickly…
I am gonna try…we all love it and the stores here almost never have it… if I learn any deep dark secrets on how to keep it from going to seed and such I will keep ya posted… but from what I have read it can be very much a perpetual garden scenario where you harvest fresh food weekly.

1 Like

Let us know how it goes because I figured I got to be doing something wrong !?

I grew it outside this year and it turned out terribly. Went to seed extremely fast, and I kept up with pruning. I didn’t do as @oak said though, so maybe I was harvesting incorrectly? I love cilantro so I’ll have to try it again?
:evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::v:

Heavy trim and catapiller hunt done

Carrots went nuts with nutes
And now got spuds growing

2 Likes

Dude you’re killing it ! :thumbsup:

2 Likes

And eating too

1 Like

Saw at store. Couldn’t resist

3 Likes

Haha. Awesome

My spinach flowered

This spinach loves red LEDs and doesn’t like my vp 450w. You can see to right under galaxyhydro and left is vp450

1 Like

My pollination has worked.

4 Likes

Wow a lot has happened

2 Likes

Spuds are getting big. Also my garlic is popping up

1 Like

Sad. Had to pull carrots. One of the grow bags didn’t vent or dry right and got nasty and bugs. Starting over in couple of days.

Potatoes are going nuts.
Tomatoes

Umm…Huston we have a problem. Me thinks this needs bigger bag. That’s going to be fun

1 Like