Cannaflour? Anyone with experience with it?

Haven’t had time to watch the video yet, but I always decarb and make my budder in the same jar. Any goodies that stick to the jar will come off in the butter. Also use a soux vide cooker that circulates water at 195F (just under boiling) and it works amazingly. Before that I used a crock-pot.

1 Like

@Whodat66 so, do you put your herb in a mason jar in the water? I just looked this up, and have never heard of this product. This may have opened new possibilities.

If I can help all you have to do is ask all of my friends

2 Likes

Everything is in the same jar. I also do not finely strain my butter. I use about 1-2g of vape leftovers per tbsp. of real butter. The AVB (already vaped bud) is already pretty much decarbed, but I still put it in for about 30min at 240F. Then I add the butter. After. Then I cook the butter. Here’s the recipe I have been prefecting
Not mentioned is that I read an article that said the freezer time helped boost THC buy doing something… A. it sounded good and B. I figured it couldn’t hurt. The butter is still liquid after the 20 min, and the jar is undamaged. That was my main worry.

2 Likes

Oh, and I separate the 2 - the “first strain” is fairly pure, no pressing. I use a separate bowl for the pressing and washing. It ends up with more veg in it.

You should watch the show. It is well explained why not, to use butter. You can but, coconut oil has superior qualities.

I’ll watch, but I’m a southern boy… I like butter :wink:

1 Like

I was offered a baseball scholarship to the “Citadel”. Doesn’t get much more “Southern”, than that. :wink:

1 Like

By the way, Go Tigers! ! paw clemosn

As I said, this is a recipe I am perfecting. I may change the method - but not the butta

I have one daughter that is an RN Clemson graduate, one just starting her sophomore year there, and I got my degree from Charleston Southern.

2 Likes

My nephew graduated from The Citidel. Most impressive graduation I have ever been too.

2 Likes

We kicked their butt in football :wink:

Edited to add: I was talking about CSU beating up Citadel, but I guess it could have gone for Clemson beating up EVERYONE last season :wink:

@latewood, just as a side note, I don’t ever bake perfectly good flowers. I think edibles are fine, but not my main thing. I am just thrifty and found a way to get baked off my leftovers. That and the fact that vaping takes care of most of the decarb makes it easy.

1 Like

Pictured - Magic Flight Launch Box (google it) and the AVB. I sift it after the first use and any cooked stuff falls through. Can re-use the leftovers, or just make sure to decarb that part. It doesn’t taste as good the second time around, but it works.

1 Like

Forgot to mention that I also run my stems and trim through a coffee grinder and decarb and add them too.

So @Whodat66 you use your vaped leftovers? Is that what I am reading lol. Sorry, coffee still kicking in and wanted to make sure I read it right. Awesome thought! Might start saving my vaped stuff…hmmmm :thinking:

1 Like

OH MY GOD!!!

YESSSSSS!!!

Do me a favor. Use whatever method you use to “check trichomes” for your grow, and look at the AVB you consider “done”. If you have a cheapo USB microscope, you’ll see what I mean.

There are sooooooo many goodies left on the stuff that people just eat it at is! AND, since the stuff has been decarbed, it works! (See bogus weed-eating scene in Super-Troopers)

It is essentially like the prep people do before making “fire-crackers”.

3 Likes

THC binds to fat, cook them both to combine them, separate them. Chemistry.

1 Like

I stupidly turned down Citadel Scholarship, went Pro Bowling for a year, came home and walked on the Baptist College baseball team. (Currently named Charleston Southern University). :smiley: Small World

1 Like

CSU won the Championship of their collegiate level last year. Both small schools have excellent upcoming programs. Keep in mind. CSU does not always kick Citadel butt. I believe Citadel beat 2 major Div 1 schools in football a couple years back. Major upsets