Cannabutter in smaller quantities

240 degrees for 30-40 minutes will do the trick to decarb.

1 Like

@AnneBonny @SmoknGranny

Using the small Crock-Pot, 1 stick of butter and 1/4 cup water, how long should I keep it in the Crock-Pot?

Thank you!

Good question :grimacing: and I’m not sure what to tell you. I did my first batch about 20-24 hours but it was a pound. Since then I have read that some only go as little as 6 hours :crazy_face: which for 1 stick may be just right. After I get loaded up with my coffee :coffee: I will do some googling and see what I can find :+1:
I’m not fully awake right now :sleeping: and forget if you are stealth cooking like me & if odors are going to be a problem???

1 Like

@SmoknGranny

Im not overly concerned with the smell, it’s just my wife and I. Again, I want to thank you for all of your help!

Awesome :clap:t2:. And you’re welcome but I’m just passing on what I have learned here & elsewhere. Isn’t it great to have this forum :+1:

1 Like

“You want your bud to turn dark brown, but not 100% black. The butter in the pot should resemble something close to light fryer oil: a dark brown/ dark green color. A totally black final product probably means the THC was too hot and may have evaporated in the crock pot, so make sure to watch it and stir every few hours or so.” Found on another site for one stick this fellow cooked one stick for 10-12 hours. Hope this helps :grimacing:

2 Likes

@SmoknGranny

You’re awesome! I will take it slowly, make sure I add water, and see what it looks like at 6 hours. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not so awesome but I can Google really well as well as YouTube :rofl: Dang, I wonder how much different things would be now if we had had the Internet back in the 70’s :thinking:

1 Like

@SmoknGranny

I can see why it takes so long. I plugged in the crock pot (20oz), added 1/4 cup water and 1 stick of butter and it takes quite some time to melt!

I guess I should have told you to cut the stick into pieces :grimacing:. Sorry :neutral_face: Just go smoke a Bowl and when you remember the butter will be melted :rofl:

1 Like

Lol I cut them up @SmoknGranny

The crock pot is definitely hotter. It just takes a little bit to get there I suppose. It by no means is boiling, it’s just very hot.

LOW settings. You don’t want it to boil, just simmer!

1 Like

@SmoknGranny

It looks like it is a low simmer. The butter seems to be turning a tan color.

It has like a nutty weedy smell, it’s kinda nice. It has been in for 3 hours, I am going to check it at 6 hours!

1 Like
1 Like

Thought you might like to read this :grimacing:

1 Like

@SmoknGranny

Thank you! I just checked and it’s looking good I believe. This little crock pot has no setting, just plug it in and go.

1 Like

I have absolute confidence in you and think you’re going to do some baking very soon :+1: :grimacing:

1 Like

@SmoknGranny

Here is a pic if the product. It was in the Crock-Pot for about 12 hours.

1 Like

Awesome :clap:t2: :clap:t2::clap:t2::+1:

1 Like

@SmoknGranny

I will be baking in a bit. I am thinking peanut butter cookies.

1 Like