Cannabis Convention in Boston this April 2017

my cookie recipe is a simple Sugar Cookie substituting cannabutter for regular butter…the strength of the cannabutter determines the strength of the edibles.

Ingredients

1 cup Cannabutter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt

Method

Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
Cream together the Cannabutter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time and then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.

3 Likes

The Sox will be in Baltimore the weekend of NeCann so that should help with parking, trains.

Opening day today!

I was talking with my sister and she was warning me of protesters and trouble makers at the convention. You see she is one of the protesters who hate the idea that we’ll be there. You see her daughter over dosed on heroin. She is for Medical Marijuana for the sick but not personal use and age limit she wants to be 25 year’s old to buy it…
And so who know what mite happen. Just better have our guard up know what i mean.

Will

@garrigan62

I have to say that in the 30 yrs of living in Boston I’ve seen many protests but none have been violent. Keep your guard up sure but I don’t think there will be problems.

Thousands show up every year at the Boston Common for Hempfest and I’ve never heard of a single report of any problems.

2 Likes

@garrigan62 Boston is a very quiet city. It’s also Earth Day weekend and the weekend of the March for Science here in Boston … I haven heard that anyone would be protesting at the Cannabis Convention…the Commonwealth voted in Legal Weed, so if anyone were to be protesting legalization, they’d be in small numbers. Boston PD is awesome with crowds. I highly doubt there will be anything for your sister to worry about.

2 Likes

well that’s good to know. Cause for one don’t want nor need any problems. I’m there to have fun , meet friends and make new friends.

Will

4 Likes

Yes @garrigan62 we got your back :slight_smile: I’m excited for this. Which day are people going?

1 Like

@Fever
I think most are going on Sunday.

2 Likes

Latewood and I will be there for both days

Will

3 Likes

Just sunday for me

4 Likes

We’re going Sunday

3 Likes

I’ll be there Sunday

3 Likes

I’ll be there Sat & Sun most likely Fri to

Will

1 Like

Hello friends! Just bumping this up as it’s a week away :stuck_out_tongue:

How are we all going to find each other?

2 Likes

@Sl1
I’ll be the paranoid one whose head will pop out of the top of a bush, look left, look right, then dash for the next bush.

4 Likes

I swear this is just like when me and my introverted friends want to get together…yeah I’d love to hang out but that would involve leaving my house and talking to people LOL!!!* posted by a confirmed introvert

3 Likes

@Sl1
I’m sure once we all get there we will come on this forum on our phone and choose a place to meet.

3 Likes

Long brown or tan trench coat and big hat

3 Likes

The forecast for Saturday is partly cloudy/clearing and 60 degrees. Of course that could change in a New York Minute but it’s looking good so far. Today at 10:30am, it’s already 80 degrees and climbing. I will be able to get a good idea today on how my tent and lights are going to react this next couple of months.

However if you suffer from allergies, which I do, you better bring your Flonase or Claritin or whatever it is you use. It’s shaping up to be a killer allergy season.

So @garrigan62 & @latewood , if this forecast holds out then prepare yourself for a perfect New England spring weekend.

1 Like

@BobWags

Thank you for the update on the weather.
As always it’s better to be prepared than it is not

Will