Canna cap experiment

Well here’s one that will probably make you laugh @Wasthatmee ,again at my pre op, after seeing this nurse who didn’t know what she was talking about, she then brought in the physical therapist, and she was checking my oxygen levels and couldn’t work out how my oxygen level was actually going up while I was walking and even reached 100% while I was in the elevator,going to the ground floor, I knew why,it was because I was doing a treatment which was built around food grade hydrogen peroxide, which was actually sold to me as a 6 week cure for emphysema, it didn’t work for me as a cure as this was the 3rd time round doing the treatment, and you can only do it every 6 months, it definitely cleared out my lungs, and may well be a cure for some people but not for me, I didn’t tell her about this treatment as it’s found upon by health officials in the UK

2 Likes

I use three quarters to one ounce of light airy buds per two sticks of butter.
I misspoke earlier on what I use…it’s my summer 2015 stash, a combination of Amnesia Haze and Super Skunk, my first two purchases from ILGM.

my first guinea pig I mean volunteer was my wife. She doesn’t use marijuana. She ate a half cookie and laid on the couch a couple of hours later moaning, it ruined the movie I was watching all the groans, the dose was too high, the high too intense. I had to leave the room.

the next week end, I met some old friends, the make up of them…
one doesn’t drink, smokes a little, enough for him
the next believes alcohol is as medicinal as mmj
the next drinks and smokes, like us, normal folk
the last drinks and smokes again, like us

the first above was the first to go horizontal, and never stood up until the next day, he had a half a cookie.
the medical alcoholic ate one and could have eaten more.
the two normal ones, one ate two cookies and disappeared behind a locked bedroom door, grunting single syllable answers to questions…the second, ate one, eventually joined the melting pot of friends I had.
I liked one cookie.

the host has requested me not to bring cookies…but I do bring and pass them out at the end of the party, for a better time chosen by them.
they are all courteous and take them.

4 Likes

Of course they do
:evergreen_tree: :slight_smile::grinning::grin::joy::smiley::laughing::evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

@Willd how long have you been growing, cos it looks like a while and you know your stuff and have you scrogged

hey man,
This season is my 8th grow in 10 years. I’ve never done any indoor growing other than starting my veggie and flower seedlings or growing baby salad greens in winter. I would definitely SCROG it if I were growing inside to maximize the utilization of my space though. If you’ve ever looked at all the pics of the representative plants in the details of each strain on ILMG seeds pages you’ll find they’re pretty much all scrogged.
just based on his most recent posts and journal I’d say @Donaldj is a good resource. And this guide Scrog 101 - Step-by-Step Scrogging Tutorial
Tag him into your Durban Poison journal and I’m sure he’ll be able to provide some advice.

1 Like

I will tag him my friend , I thought I was pretty brave doing the scrog on my first grow, and I think it’s going pretty well so far, I’ve just started her in 12/12 and let the interesting times begin, I was going to say fun times but then I thought actually it’s all been fun times

1 Like

I just reread your Durban Poision posts. You don’t need my advice on scrogging. Looks to me as though you’re way ahead of the learning curve already pal!

1 Like

Thanks buddy, it took me a lot to cut away that much, in fact I was actually tearing up lol but I think it was worth while and it definitely made sense to me

1 Like

How’s it going @Willd brother, did you try them in smaller capsules? And where did you get your capsules from

@darren, I haven’t yet. I laid off them for a couple of days so I could enjoy some buds socially without becoming a Silent Sam. Shop Amazon or the best price on the different size cap m quik fillers and empty caps. I’m a tightwad so I usually just sort the results by lowest price+shipping first. What a friend suggested just not tamping the ones I have so they’re not quite so full. Everyone’s tolerance is going to be different.

Gotta say your grow journal is getting a lot of reads and likes. I just know that you are going to feel so much better when that ship comes into port and you’re consuming all that loveliness you’ve been working so hard on. It’s great to have something like participating in this forum to redirect your focus and distract you from your lung condition. I think it helps many MMJ growers achieve their goal of better health in a cathartic way.
That “stem splitting” technique also looks interesting, but growing outside like I do at my windy site makes for plants with stems as big around as an average man’s wrist. I’d need a jack hammer or an air chisel.

4 Likes

I would give you a like but its telling me I got to wait an hour yeah I like to shop around to my friend, I agree that growing it gives you a healing effect in itself,can’t wait to see the buds coming now, and now my little gold leaf is coming up to, I hope she does as well, the stem splitting looks really interesting I definitely want to try that, it’s supposed to make the buds go twice as frosty like they have been rolled in sugar, yeah I bet they get fat outside buddy,although I gotta say my durban poison has a pretty fat stem, I’ll have to do you a picture if you want my friend

2 Likes

Update to this post today I almost forgot. I found the 000 size to be a little too potent and had been trying to come up with a way to safely lower it without buying a batch of smaller caps and here it is
These cap fillers come with a tamping device to pack the material into the caps more densely so you can then add more. I just skip tamping now and they’re coming in at .32gm/cap instead of .46gm/cap. Still about 67mg THC instead of closer to 100mg. It’s plenty believe me.

3 Likes

Glad to hear it @Willd , I thought you’d forgot about ya caps with all ya edibles lol glad your keeping to it, I can’t wait to try it

Yeah buddy, they almost work too good. Even following my mantra of “have a good time all the time” I never dreamed I’d be saying “yeah, that’s enough”

1 Like

Finally figure out that I accidentally dosed the pup with the bottom of my granola bowl yesterday. We usually let him clean the “people food” plates after we dine on any non stoned recipe.
I just plum forgot it was cannabis laced. He slept all day and didn’t have much energy or appetite until this morning. Edibles are tricky like that for someone who’s lifestyle previously orbited around smoking and vaping.

4 Likes

Lol well I’m sure the pup thanked you for it my friend, I know I would,some of my 6 I’d like to keep quiet all day, specially the little ones lol, the chows are pretty laid back as they are, the retriever is getting on so she’s asleep most of the time, but my other half’s 3 little ones, well maybe I should take a leaf out of your book lol

1 Like

this is exciting to hear and how your not having to trash your consciousness to get relief just sounds too good!! I like the idea of a splif with friends now and then but full-time stoning is not what I want to do I left that all behind a long time ago… mate thank you for this

1 Like

@DownUnderGuy I think most of those on this Thread would settle for never again being stoned if we could live our lives Pain Free. I personally just want the Relief you mention, I would love to be able to achieve this and pass on that feeling to others for Free. (You might have guessed that I’m not Big Pharma! :heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign:)
My GF has the Ideal Life plan… “You Grow enough to get your Pain sorted, I’ll get High, then let’s go to Bed and we’ll both be Happy!” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::astonished::grin:

5 Likes

Down with that bro!

Lemme be the first to say BRAVO to her plan. So making caps from a strain with higher concentrations of CBD should help achieve your pain management goals without being “too” high but still get her high if she smokes or vapes it.Unless your growing hemp instead of mj. :wink:

2 Likes