Canna cap experiment

Thanks @Willd that has given me lots of ideas I thought the canabutter lasted longer, I hadn’t thought of using it in mashed potatoes but that’s a great one I love the taste so that’s not a problem there is a recipe I can share with you, give me a minute to sort it out

Can you explain how you end up with such a potent end product? @kabongster
I’ve been using 14gm cured & decarbed flower per cup of butter or oil

“Spécial spatiale” spaghetti sauce :

In a 6 liter slow cooker put 500 grams of ground beef and hot Italian saucigage each that you have previously cooked until you have meat juice and deglaze your pan with red wine and pour the sauce obtain on the meat in the slow cooker.

Put some vegetables ( oignons, garlics, red and green peppers, carrots, celery and mushroom) and 2 can of crushed tomatoes of 796 ml and a 369 ml tomato paste , some Italian mix herbs, salt, pepper and 10 grams of fine grind cannabis buds. Stir well.

and this is a recipe from @Niala

Slow cooker on low and let it simmer for 6 to 10 hours, depends on the slow cooker you have and taste.

1 Like

Sounds like a winner. Half of my makeup is potato lover the other half is pasta and tomato lover

1 Like

Yeah other folks who have tried mine say that too. Maybe I’m a little strain locked. I just get very empty headed and silent if I’ve enjoyed “a tad too much”. Empty headed isn’t such a bad thing knowing it will wear off at some point.

1 Like

also this one is from @Hogmaster
You can do a pound of butter in an ounce or a half a pound of butter and a half ounce put it in a crockpot and let it cook for at least 48 hours and then make your bread I would say half ounce would do for batches give or take depending on how strong you want to make them

2 Likes

this one from @kabongster

So I melt two sticks of butter in a double boiler…important that you not overheat the cannabis at this point.
I put in the ground marijuana, buds only for me…whatever you want…as I said, I use an oz.
Mix for a few minutes, soak the pot in the butter.
Add hot water, 2-3 cups or so…it will be removed later.
Simmer this mixture for four hours. Add water to the outside pot, don’t let it dry out. You shouldn’t have to add water to the butter/water mix.
After 4 hours, take cheesecloth, folded over about 4 times, and pour the butter/water mix thru it. I Rubberband the cheesecloth around the neck of a bowl or jar that can go in the refrigerator.
Squeeze the cheesecloth out AFTER it cools 5 minutes. Toss vegetative-matter out.
This butter/water sits in the fridge for hours till it separates, cannabutter on the top…waste water in the bottom. Waste water=toss it!
Separate them, pat the cannabutter dry, and refrigerate, use as instructed in whatever recipe you want to try it with.
I make big cookies, in case some light weight can’t eat a whole, it is easy to break into more tolerable dosages.

2 Likes

All things given, I’ve found from what I assume was a little bit of a overdose that I have to consciously refrain from taking capsules if I want to eat other edibles during the day. I took a cap early and then had a bowl of laced granola for breakfast an hour later. Now I’m about half in the bag and my fine motor skills are clearly impaired.

3 Likes

Definitely have to watch out for that then, I think it’s a case of trial and error @Willd my friend, thanks for sharing with me

1 Like

Yeah that’s the old tried and true old school method I think most people use. It’s a little time consuming and messy. You loose a minimal amount of medicine to the cheesecloth. Since I purchased the MB2 machine in 2014, I willl never go back to the stovetop method. I bought a second one this year to keep one exclusively for making butter and oil and another for tinctures. Those and the bubble hash bag set are the best investments I’ve made to my “operation”.

3 Likes

Yeah sometimes I just forget I medicated then do something dumb like have a shot of whiskey or eat a brownie bite or 2. The next thing I know I’m WAYYY high.

2 Likes

The straight up caps filled with decarbed weed is a completely new thing to me and pleasantly more effective than I ever anticipated they would be. I keep forgetting I took one then go about my old habits of a vape here, a puff there, a snack here and end up ripped by midday.

5 Likes

Well that’s a nice place to be, I haven’t been there in a couple of months, since I invested all my money in to the grow, but it’s money well spent, it’ll pay off soon enough,I am really looking forward to trying the capsules, thanks to you :wink:

3 Likes

It won’t be long now. Patience, patients

3 Likes

I don’t have a good brownie recipe if you have one to share @Willd buddy

I’ve ordered lots of new seeds to, i’m really loving the whole growing process, I’ve never grown anything before

2 Likes

Brownie Bites
1 cup cannabis infused oil or cannabutter
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups Double-Dutch Dark Cocoa or Dutch-process cocoa *I use more, I’m a chocoholic
1 tablespoon espresso powder (optional) *I don’t use it
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350°F. 
cover a cookie sheet with mini muffin parchment cups (approx 35)
In a microwave-safe bowl, or in a saucepan set over low heat, melt the butter.
Add the sugar, stirring to combine. Remove from heat.
Stir in the cocoa, espresso powder, salt, baking powder, and vanilla.
Whisk in the eggs, stirring until smooth.
Add the flour, again stirring until smooth.
Spoon the batter into the prepared mini muffin cups.
Bake the brownies for 25 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. The brownies should feel set on the edges, and barely set in the center.
Remove the brownies from the oven, and cool before devouring
4 Likes

Thanks @Willd my friend, I look forward to trying this one out, with much anticipation :wink:

@kabongster saw the thread in @darren shared recipes topic. the oz/cup would explain it!

3 Likes

I went for a pre op check a few years ago. The Nurse tells me I have an irregular heartbeat? She says she’ll ECG me in Half an Hour. I returned to her office, sat through 2 runs on the ECG only to be told my Heart was fine and even that I had a nice even, relaxed rate!

I’m sure the Half J I had outside in the Car Park while waiting for the test had nothing to do with it :smoking::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes