Can I use immature buds

I have some Leb27 growing outdoors, but because of a wet and cold summer they developed slowly.

My estimate is that they need at least 4-5 weeks to fully mature, but if not to loose everything to mold/bud rot I have to cut within 2 weeks.

What’s the best way to use these, if any? Is it worth it to make bubblehash?

3 Likes

My grow partner got antsy and insisted on major “pruning” the end of last month. I salvaged all the tiny buds; dryed and cured and smoking now. Maybe not as potent as down the road but not bad either :blush:

3 Likes

You can harvest early but the quality will not be great

4 Likes

I would push it as far as possible… get some frost blankets and throw them on at night… :wink:
Do everything that you can to not have to chop them down early… :wink:
Early chop = $hity taste , no weight and a paranoid high if any… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

6 Likes

@peachfuzz

Humidity is a killer. Cool, damp nights and rainy days destroys the buds fast.

And yeah, paranoid high is what I’m afraid of. Someone suggested making keef with dry ice?

I feel your pain… not sure how big your plants are… maybe you could build a simple box out of 3/4 pvc and wrap it in some clear plastic with a few holes 2/3 up off of the ground for ventilation… :wink:
Turning it into Keif or hash isn’t going to be any better… it’s still going to be medicine that was chopped down to early… :wink:
Hopefully you can figure something out…

:v: :sunglasses:

Dunno about that paranoid high. I had a branch with baby buds that split off and my son tried them. No paranoia, just a mild gentle high.

1 Like

My experience also. My main paranoia is getting caught growing in an unfriendly state :grinning:

4 Likes

Thanks guys!

Better to order some bubblebags and try with dry ice than to throw it all away I guess. It’s not that expencive to give it a go, about $40 for bags and ice.

I say go for it . At least you will get some kind of return might not be top shelf but should be decent .

1 Like

@SmoknGranny

I dried a small sample bud and it was ok actually.

Nice sativa high to combine with a couple of beers. Social, clear high, made me talk alot.

Had a mixup so I don’t know which of the two strains I tried, but I’ll definetly jar this one up and use in social settings.

1 Like

I’m glad to hear that. I’m enjoying the heck out of the early trim buds, but I’m also looking forward to trying the more mature buds in a few weeks. :blush: I just can’t see wasting anything salvageable :+1:

1 Like