California Dream in DWC

fresh water and nutes, 4ml Silica, 12ml Cal Mag, 24ml Micro, 45ml Bloom, 7ml Hydroguard, 2ml Mammoth P, 3/4 tsp bud blood…ppm was about 1380, pH 5.6

left plant roots, right plant roots, blushing, they were just dipped in bud blood, gives them a reddish color :blush: last time using the bud blood, it’s meant to be used once at first sign of pistils, I used it twice…

left plant, right plant

6 Likes

Looks gorgeous man,those roots are huge! Look like @kabongster will not be denied his hydro certification!!

1 Like

thanks @Nug-bug , my first DWC grow took lots of hand holding…this second has taken considerably less, though there have still been helpful lessons learned from others…the first grow was a roller coaster ride with pH fluctuations and root problems, this one has been a kids train ride, slow to start, built up some steam, and has been steady going.

3 Likes

Yeah I’d say steady,they are growing like crazy. Glad the water has been kind this time around :wink:

1 Like

Gonna read up on bud blood. Just looks like fun to have red roots.

1 Like

so, bud blood is same as my dry koolbloom, except for the cool red color. I like to “see the colors”

2 Likes

fresh water and nutes yesterday…ppm came to 1375ish, pH was at 5.7…the more low stuff I trim off the more I find…this is week 3 of 12/12 with pistils popping 10 days ago…I’m giving this stuff a try out at half strength…

https://www.amazon.com/Flower-Fuel-1-34-32-250g-Harvests/dp/B01L32CE20/ref=sr_1_1?tag=greenrel-20

lower middle of last photo shows a bad leaf and a bud…it’s on a lower branch I kept thinking would grow but it didn’t and is lagging and not as good looking as the rest of the plant.
I was giving it every chance to grow but it’s really falling behind and now I am thinking of cutting it off, tho it is a thick branch and I was avoiding the stress to the plant.

3 Likes

Those plants are going to fill your :tent:. I cut off 3 lower stems yesterday almost pencil size. Tired of tiny buds, plan is to keep only larger colas.

2 Likes

i bought a jar of that myself @kabongster…i’m using it on my amnesia haze autos and it is doing great!

1 Like

fresh water and nutes, cal mag, flower fuel (1-34-32), GH Micro, GH Bloom, Hydro Guard and Mammoth P…ppm 1270ish and pH 5.7…I have had to run a dehumidifier, the RH had been near 75% got it to 45%-50%

6 Likes

Ô Woow @kabongster , these are beauty :eyes::heart_eyes::+1::ok_hand:, my friend :grinning:… And you seem to have every thing in control…

You’re at what, around 2 and half months now!? That will give you around 4-5 weeks to go ! ?:wink::grinning:

1 Like

Don’tcha luv it when everything is going according to plan!

2 Likes

Indeed @bryan, indeed , lol :wink:

1 Like

August 6th they went 12/12 and pistils appeared 16 days ago so about 42-50 days left (6-7 weeks that will seem like 6-7 months), the ILGM site has the flowering time at 56-65 days @Niala and thank you…

you got that right @bryan :wink: lol, time for me to figure out how to change the buckets now that they have grown

1 Like

those gals are progressing nicely @kabongster looking good!

1 Like

thanks @BIGE :blush:

. My new plan is top off using small pump to transfer nutes from extra bucket into res. I didn’t splash as much everywhere. Still have bucket-top vacuum to suck res empty , plus it gets all the bucket residue. I added an extra 6 foot tubing to air exhaust so I could vent exhaust outside the grow room.

4 Likes

@bryan I don’t have the wet vac, yet, but it looks like @peachfuzz gave us both a good idea there to drain the buckets, another thanks that way! You are really getting your stuff organized, I love the upgrades!

1 Like

I looked and thought I saw some hermied buds…they were small and looked a different color and shape…so after smoking on it, I got some scissors and mutilated a few buds then brought them outside to look at in the sun, but still had a hard time determining with my vision…I’m watching more closely now…

anyways, res change 12 hours ago, Cal Mag, Flower Fuel (1-34-32), GH Micro, GH Bloom, Hydroguard, mammoth P, Sour Dee (carb supplement)

6 Likes

Woow :eyes: :heart_eyes: :+1: :ok_hand:… All that sugar goodness that appearing make me “drooling”… Aaaarrrggghhh!!!

giphy-downsized

You’re doing a fantastic job @kabongster

2 Likes