Cal Mag Feeding

I see what your saying but why am I not seeing a tablespoon dose on my ff chart? Maybe I have wrong schedule? @latewood

http://foxfarmfertilizer.com/images/pdf/soilenglish2015.pdf

Look at the transition weeks. It says 2 tsp. IN fact; All recommended dosages are in tsp.

They also show 1750-2100 ppm. That is a strong mix. and; It is using Grow Big. In my experience and many knowledgeable growers agree; This is way to strong for MMJ plants. Some growers do choose to go with high strength solution. It is a matter of choice.

I choose to run around 1200 ppm and boost that to 1500 in late flower a couple weeks before finish.

2 Likes

Ok, so 3 teaspoons is a tablespoon, so Iā€™m short 1 teaspoonā€¦ So Iā€™m on board now thx @latewood

1 Like

The suggestion by Latewood that Foxfarms spend ā€œmillionsā€ developing products is pure comedy.

They might spend that much on the marketing department to make you feel like there are teams of white coated scientists constantly testing developing and designing the perfect nutrient blends but that is absolutely not the case it would just be throwing money away to try and ā€˜discoverā€™ things that have already been researched to death with results widely availableā€¦and what would they get for it? Spend a million designing a blend that is 99% the same as something you can buy off the shelf from a wholesaler in China which is exactly what your competitor will do and then pay for someone to draw a cool picture of a bud with massive muscles to put on the front of the bottle because thatā€™s what sells the product because 99.9999% consumers do not have the ability to properly assess the ā€˜proprietary blendā€™ of the fertiliser they are buying (because you would have to spend millions to properly test fox farms vs general hydroponics right???)

Iā€™ve worked in the chemical industry long enough to tell you that no-one spends money in research unless they are sure they can create something absolutely novel that cannot be imitatedā€¦this is never the case for macro and micro nutrient blends for growing weed.

4 Likes

I understand completely!

Ok do you need to use it when you use fox farm ocean forest and I also use fox farm trio

Lakewood reading your comments and I use fox farm nutes and fox farm ocean forest. Iā€™m learning now from seed start. My first I ever did was clones. Easier thatā€™s for sure. So for calmag I can use it during seedling stage?

that was put in coco on the 24th. So far where its at does it need calmag

Read the ingredients of your Foxfarm OF bag. what is in it? Read the foxfarm nutrient bottle. What does it have in it> Most nutrients have planty of Calcium and Magnesium in the soil, or nutrients.

CalMag is not somethign just to be addedā€¦It is to be added when you start to see a deficiency. If you want to add CalMag to your regimen, I suggest adding maybe in week 4 of vegā€¦Not from seed, but in veg 4 weeks.

In the past I haver always watered wiht ph 6.5 water for soil. foxfarm soil does not need additional additives until maybe mid veg 4 weeks, or until flower, and in flower, we do not want to add CalMag much after week 2 of flower.

More later. Hope this allows you to find questions to ask once you have taken in and understand what I have ,emtioned here. Break it down from start to veg to late veg, to transition, then flower, then late flower and finish. See if you can tell which times you would or would not add nutrients or additives.

Have fun, Happy growing, lw

2 Likes

Aslo; Coco reportedly screws with the PH. something else to consider. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the information. I have spoke to Fox Farm and they said to add to the trio

Yes I got the seedling in a 4" pot with mothers earth. But when I finally transplant it I put it in Ocean Forest. I know nutes I dont need. I did clones for my first grow and this is my very first time starting from seed. Seed is hard to do

Whatever you want to do. You are the only person that has to deal with the consequences. Last thing to say.10-15 years ago there was a CalMag craze and too many growers had a tough time becuase, all of a suddenā€¦Everyone was thinging CalMag was the end all be all. Not true and not needed, unless it is. LOL

Have fun.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. Never realized how much a little seed can do. I am really enjoying the learning and I am getting alot of suggestions and help from a few in the forum

I was reading up on this because Iā€™m using fox farm trio with ocean forest soil as well. Very helpful bro, thank you :call_me_hand:t3: Iā€™m only in week 6 or so since sprout but Iā€™ve literally been giving my plant like 1/3rd of recommended big bloom just because I was scared of potential nute burn but your reply makes me feel a little more comfortable with adding more and getting closer to their recommendation. Thanks again homie :call_me_hand:t3::call_me_hand:t3:

2 Likes

Thanks so much! I am glad you found this useful. The rep at foxfarm was great to talk to and helpful. If you just buy the FF without some expanation, it can be confusing.

Alwats here for you.

3 Likes

hell yeah, i appreciate it again man :call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like

So my auto stems have started to purple so I fed them cal mag at half strength bc itā€™s 2-0-0 npk hopefully didnā€™t do more harm than good !

in

Also gave them a tbsp of big bloom

1 Like

They should not need Nitrogen at this point. Were you aware that some strains leaf stems turn purple and that is normal for that particular strain?

I hope it all goes well. Witout knowimg anything else about your grow except you gave them a 1/2 dose of this and that; It would remiss on my part to give you uneducated advice.

Perhaps you can fill out a support ticket, or start a topic, and tag me in; If you want my help.

Happy growing, lw

Itā€™s a white widow auto and Iā€™m on day 37 so beginning of week 5 . Iā€™ve been feeding it full strength bloom nutes . Ff trio tiger bloom and big bloom. I fed it cal mag and liquid seaweed all thru seedling and veg along with 1/2 strength big grow.