Bud rot/mold photo

btw, I am looking forward to MacGyver coming back to tv in the fall…who is playing the “younger” you? :blush:

I heard about the show returning but not much else. But just as long as he doesn’t look like Stephen Baldwin, lol.

~MacG

1 Like

@kabongster, take a look. Did yours look like this? Water water everywhere am I on track? I am not sure this is a bad thing? Definitely low on fan leaves. The cola’s however, seem to be premium and dense. How did it taste? Was it high in THC? It does seem in our latitude they like to grow like “cola on a stick” lol. I attribute the low yield on mine to the 5 gallon bucket, lack of attention to PH, starting soil organic content (90% top soil), early nutrient starvation during veg. I would be interested in what you have learned about “growing cola sticks”! The rot did show up on my smallest also. I did as @Hammer said. Got it all out and, I am watching it.

1 Like

I had a tent that protected my girls from everything but mold on the buds and high heat. I got frustrated with the mold and cut them all down. I like the white widow and will get more, but ILGM has so many other new (for me) varieties I want to try first.
Next year, I will try mold resistant strains and more ventilation. The tent needed the whole back wall removed…I only cut some windows.

1 Like

@bmorgil @kabongster . two ill recommend as to mold resistance Border liner extreme , Rainbow kush . AMS , an affiliate of ILGM … Of the 3 i grew .this time .these had ,zero .the Super Silver Haze ,I lost about 1/4-1/2 OZ . to trim it out … But the up side to the SSHaze .its got so much resin AND trichomes .if i wanted hash oil .all id need is a thick glass sheet and a rolling pin…No Kidding LOL Hammer.

1 Like

AMS is supposed to be a great plant! Anti Mold Strain, is what it stands for :v:

1 Like

Definitely buying some Super Silver seeds soon!

1 Like

Amsterdam Marijuanna Seeds …An Affiliate of ILGM . Hammer

2 Likes

thanks for the recommendations @Hammer!!!

I went and read the details on ILGM’s SS Haze…it states a mold resistance…something I missed when looking through the selections earlier. I’ll have to read the details on the rest of the seeds, again, I am totally satisfied with the variety and prices at ILGM. Other sites offer impulse seed types, their names and descriptions make me drool, but when it comes time to buy and the rate I grow (a few plants at a time), the varieties offered here will get my money.

2 Likes

Thank’s @Hammer! I will stick with the ILGM seeds. On order for next years try!

By the way… Nice Avitar! :confetti_ball:

1 Like

Newbie, trying to evaluate this. Mold? Beginning of Bud Rot? If so can it be used for anything (skin salve for instance)? Thanks for your experienced evaluation!

did you examine closely for spider mites?

Just wondering whare u got tent from and what size and whare u got the net for front door please I need one :point_up: like this

Ok found one on Amazon but can’t find the netting for front door any Suggestion

sorry for the slow reply @Khamocean my netting was something I had sitting on a shelf, there are a few choices at Amazon under bug netting that would work as well or better.

1 Like

Cool thanks :pray:t4: just got my green house today hope it clear up tomorrow and may be I can set it up .but for sur I’ll look on amazon for net thanks bud bless

1 Like

Hello, thanks for this community and support. I live in South Florida, excellent place for growing sun is so strong everything grows so fast and year long its so easy. I had a bad ending to couple plants grown during humid/rainy season. I amm wondering if anyone can help me so can fix this going forward. These 2 plants posted, were green, and purple stem, beautiful healthy. I am not sure if this is bud rot, or I know the bigger one was left out at night with a rain storm, was green the day before, then went out and completely brown, bottom to top. stem and buds. I am not sure if I left the buds on too long, or or if bud rot, or just the rain was too much. The last pic is basically what the buds looked like a day or two before I saw this “browning”. How close is this to clip? I do not want this to happen to that plant, feel like I should of just cut my 2 plants but the white crystals were still there, no amber crystals, and the hairs were still turned out, not in. Any better identifiers when ready? Please help as I have many babies growing and want to get this right from September-June in Florida not much rain and sun all day. Thanks crew and assistance appreciated.

what did the leaves look like, there are different strains of molds and fungi that attack the plants, white powdery mildew is one.

watch the trichomes, they start clear go to cloudy and end amber…it’s all personal when to harvest.
I wait for the hairs to die, usually at about 80%± for my choice of time to harvest - with mostly cloudy trichomes.