Bubbling pure O2 in RDWC with a Medical oxygen machine

I to think the topic has far more validity in the commercial hydroponic cannabis growing world when product quality, volume of product and grow out time can be reduce - 8 crops/year vs. only 6 crops/year compared to the hobby growing world where these issues are far less important. The $ math is clear. Growing commercially for cash sales and profit is so very different than just growing a few plants and the goal is growing to get “high.” There is a lot of technology that is totally not and will never be a consideration for the world of hobby growing compared to commercial production which is very understandable.

Well, let’s find out if there are any licensed commercial cannabis growers on this forum that do have first-hand knowledge and experience that are willing to share on this topic watching this thread.

I surely invite any/all commercial cannabis growers here to please speak up and share their first hand experience, knowledge and suggestions regarding this specific topic. I would really like to hear a commercial growers first hand opinions.

I think you’ve lost touch with what the majority of us were saying. I personally don’t care what the commercial guys are doing, as I don’t feel they are growing better weed than the majority of us. Most of the people here aren’t looking for even 6 harvests a year let alone 8, otherwise they wouldn’t be vegging plants out to be monsters. Did you look around at what the majority of the members here were doing when you joined a week and a half ago? I’m guessing not. Like @Covertgrower stated, it doesn’t take a bunch of scientific documents or 15 paragraph posts to identify there being some value in higher dissolved oxygen levels. But how much? What can the average member expect to gain out of their grow in a single 4x4’ space by adding an oxygen generator? They’re not going to harvest 8 times a year, doesn’t take a genius to identify that either. What I’m looking for is a number to justify the expense of not only purchasing an oxygen generator, but also running it as well. Can we expect plants to flower 7 days faster? Do we still get that increase if we’re slre experiencing faster flower Times from the use of far red initiators? Or is it an increase in yield, and how much?

You can’t honestly tell us that because a few commercial growers are moving to this that plain Jane ol’ air pumps will no longer grow weed lol. University studies are great, especially when we get their information for free. But it doesn’t always translate into usable data for most of us. I toured a local university’s indoor horticulture department last year, you’d be surprised at how lackluster they can be. Phillips comes in and makes a large donation of equipment, and wouldn’t you know they’re reporting lumileds as the top led for horticulture applications. Yet there’s not a single other led fixture there. It doesn’t take a scientist to bust that. A couple of stoners with a sphere over at riu can do it on a Saturday afternoon.

4 Likes

Boooo :-1: doesn’t surprise me though, all the University kids are getting drunk and growing :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: weed lol

2 Likes

It wasn’t hard to find the ones worth asking where the weed was haha! I also stated I hoped they weren’t growing under the same lights at home, and got the smirk and nod confirming we were all on the same page.

2 Likes

Canna-cultivation has really come a long way from the primo-Mexican dirt weed of the early 1960’s @ $10/lb. eh? I’m talking light years of changes thanks to advancements in horticulture science, 21st century hydroponic technologies, gene breeding, compounding designer nutrients, water quality testing, indoor gardens under advanced LED indoor lighting with timers and pest controls.

1 Like

@JH231 as interesting as your topic is, it’s not allow, to my knowledge, to encourage poeple to share commercial secrets or views, I maybe wrong, so I let moderator’s deal with that fine line your’re walking on…

You have to understand that this is a forum for small grower’s that want to learn and share their experience’s.

~Al :v: :innocent:

3 Likes

@JH231

You are not going to find a licensed commercial grower here. This forum is geared to help the beginner and novice grower. If you want to talk to a commercial grower then I suggest you check out this site it were i go:

;

4 Likes

Thanks Garrigan for the heads-up and redirection. I did not understand the forum is geared for the beginner and novice growers and there are no commercial growers on the forum. I appreciate your site recommendation. Your tactfulness, professional manor is duly noted, thanks so much.

And I do appreciate all the members that participated and offered opinions and input to the thread. I can see where this topic probably sounds very strange to beginner and novice growers… like “way out” rocket science so to speak. Thanks.

@JH231

You sound like you have a lot of knowledge in this specific topic. You know there are many user’s here that ask many a question on this very subject. And this is where you would come in.
Maybe share with our members.
Anyway that PodCast I sent you is awesome and they have the guru of growers on all the time.

Will

3 Likes

@garrigan62

Ôôôô I love you Will

MomentCam_20180109022925

~Al your pal , lol :wink: :v: :innocent:

meatballs

2 Likes

Sure, anytime.

Maybe you know a guru at the lab that I might contact and talk with about the biochemistry this issue, optimal root metabolism and mitochondrial ATP production, i.e. root healthy. You have my email address. Looking forward to hearing from you and your associates. Thanks

@JH231

At that web-Site I turned you on to. There you can join in on the conversation or just ask your question. I’ll have a talk with my friend that’s on the PodCast every week.
I sure I could put you in touch with him. as a matter of fact i’ll be talking with him today.

will

1 Like

Great! Please mention to your associate:

What happens to plant mitochondria under low oxygen? An omics review of the responses to low oxygen and reoxygenation.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/pce.12312/full

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/pce.12312/pdf

Low oxygen events cause massive cellular energy crisis.

Plant cells response to Low oxygen lo oxygen is the production of gaseous hormone ethylene

Under low oxygen levels, (adenosine triphosphate) ATP synthesis is substantially lower than found in normal aerobic conditions.

A plants survival in a low oxygen environments is directly linked with the plant species to produce energy (ATP) under these conditions.

Thanks

1 Like

@Niala fits all these qualifications

Roots need it to grow.

Late to the ball here:
I can’t imagine why using pure oxygen would be beneficial to a commercial or hobby “farm”.

Pure oxygen is corrosive and highly explosive. That alone should be enough to decide against this.

As a pro grower, you must be aware that too much oxygen is not good. At least, that is something I was told by a couple pro growers. This means you need to implement a sensing and control system to tune in the oxygen level you want.

Less mechanical equipment and fewer controls is always better from a maintenance and reliability point of view.

Oxygenating water is very easy and cheap with a venturi system made of pvc fittings. You can manually fine tune the amount of air mixed in, or even install a sensor and control valve (I wouldn’t recommend: I would do weekly spot checks on O2 levels and adjust if necessary.

Commercial growers have to think about reliability, safety of the workers, and what happens when there is a failure. I can’t imagine the PVC fittings being an issue in any of those criteria. The oxygen system, however, is a total liability in my opinion.