Bubble buckets no or go

I would love to that , and most likely would try it if it’s that simple .

@peachfuzz can you show me are send a photo in a message maybe , I’m curious and if it’s easy I’ll definitely use it for growing .

I really suck at this computer thing so I’m going to try and make it as simple as I can whenever I do anything online so this is a picture of what I got going on and I know how you like to layer your soil so this works really well in doing that but if you were able to just throw in Cocoa and perlite in the Top Pot in-feed all nutrients through the bottom pot you would do extremely well and this is how I do it here’s the pic…

. This is something that I Get Ridiculous yields from and it’s all organic I will show you what I feed if you would like an how i run my soil in this system and as long as you can keep your temps below 80 you will do extremely well now if you go Coco and perlite you will do even better with newts in the bottom bucket may have to give you measurements to get you dialed in but as long as you can understand the concept…

:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

@yoshi The nice thing about this system is you can never over water and you can never over feed you basically monitor it as if you were growing in Hydro and it works extremely well especially with layering your soil like you like to do…

Great build mate. I like it. Very one of a kind like mine.

I am watching and I ike what I see so far.
I have things to do at the moment but will ask you some questions in a little bit…if that’s OK

Will

Okay interesting , so the plant absorbs the uptake kind of instead of pouring directly into the soil , so your plant is in the black bucket and that bucket sits inside the fill bucket where water and solution gets pour into to feed and water roots correct , so no air stone or pump needed at all . I hate to ask but can you explain the build and how it works , maybe my brain is not working properly on the concept .

This is my bubble bucket set-up , I’m anxious and nervous at the same time . So @peachfuzz the bucket set-up is one buck inside the other and one bucket serves as a reservoir so the bucket with soil can absorb water and nutrients up out of the bottom reservoir bucket right , now is there a way to measure the water level you pour in the bottom bucket are you just pour in and eye ball it by removing the top bucket to check water level , I think I going to try to butcher up a few buckets to see if I can engineer that setup .

3 Likes

That’s exactly what it’s doing @yoshi you are very observant but the water level is gauged by the bottom bucket if you notice there’s a hole thats 6 inches up so no matter how much water you put in that’s the level it’s going to feel too because it’ll start to run out and letting you know that you’ve filled the bucket… it’s a 3 gallon bucket inside of a 5 gallon bucket and the PVC pipe that you see is how you feel the bottom bucket so you don’t have to pick up the top bucket to fill your plants with water… it works extremely well when you get it dialed in as long as you can keep your temps below 80 you will be good if you wanted to put an AirStone in the bottom you could also but I haven’t found that it was necessary but it’s basically and organic / Hydro / self-watering system… Lol

The real key to the system is basically that cup ,the blue cup sticking out of the bottom of the 3-gallon ,that cup is super important because that’s your wic basically and the length of that cup is also very important I was able to find these cups at a Family Dollar Store and you will need a soldering iron to burn holes through the plastic drilling causes things to crack and break so I noticed it when you burn holes through the containers last longer because it’s harder for them to start cracking from those points of Entry… I will get u some measurements to try to help u a Lil better…

Oh ya and @garrigan62 ask away my friend I was pretty sure out of everybody on here that u would be the most interested in that system… Lol

Hell I’ve went bought two buckets already and I have a few pieces of pvc left over from my scrog , and I have that size cup in the kitchen , the wife won’t miss it , but maybe this weekend I can get the engineering going if I’m off work , they started me on 12 hours as off tonight but I don’t really complain without notice due to the money , but if I get this weekend off I’ll get started on putting it together so I can be ready for my next grow .

2 Likes

@peachfuzz,

Right you are my friend. I have copied all the pic: and pasted them into a special folder along with all the replays.

Willing

1 Like

Hey peachfuzz was wondering how you built the built-in water chiller. That’s a sweet looking set-up

Hey @tee3737 r u talking about the tote hydro set up or the self watering soil/hydro buckets?

I’m thinking it’s the tote hydro. It was the first set-up you have a picture of on this thread.

Hey @tee3737 I will try to make this as simple as I can but there’s a lot of stuff going on kind of in these pictures as you can see in the five gallon bucket that’s where you’re Frozen 2 liter bottles go in the water is pumped out of that 5 gallon container and dumped into the plant reservoir at one end and then the water is rerouted back into the 5 gallon pail so it’s continuous feed as well as the other pump inside of the plant container that top feeds the plants , but both pumps run on a continuous loop but not constant…

I hope that helps you kind of understand what’s going on but basically the five gallon bucket is the chiller…

4 Likes

@peachfuzz. Thanks heaps for this idea. Im having heat problems and was worried. Ill make one of these for sure. Great idea.

@peachfuzz I wonder if you could mail me to prototypes of your design ?

1 Like

Thanks peachfuzz I see what your doing. I was doing something like that before I broke down and bought a chiller. I was having to change the frozen bottles at least twice a day to keep water temp’s below 70 degree’s. How long do your 4 two liter frozen bottles last? On a side note I think your soil/hydro system is pretty slick I’ve never seen something like that before. Was wondering do you ph the water for hydro or soil or some where in between?

1 Like

@tee3737 it just depends on what I’m using if you go Coco and perlite you can through nutrients in the bottom bucket and every two weeks dump it out and rehydrate with new stuff and it would do really well just feeding the bottom bucket now I feel like @Yoshi and you like to layer your soil I would still have half a cup with rock or Hydra tone and start from there with soil layering from there on up and Transplant water from the top 1 week really good and then two weeks a week later half of that really good and then start watering from the bottom …